Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Harley Davidson Advisory Panel  (Read 8162 times)

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
Re: Harley Davidson Advisory Panel
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 11:34:19 PM »

Did these for a while until they just got to be a pita. I think they just send them out to make you think they give a damn.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 12:32:28 PM »

have done them for about 5 years. at first they gave us a gift for our time but nothing for about the last 4 years.  Gives you an idea of where their collective heads are regarding marketing.  They rarely share the results of these surveys with the panel.    I am about ready to quit and let them get new recruits or pay for the information.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2012, 11:21:30 AM »

IROAR, I've been doing these things for 4 or 5 years now and they share the results every few months.  :nixweiss: You can also go to the web site. Why would they bother with this if they didn't care? They are trying, but sometimes they just don't get it.  :(
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »

They started out ok, and then apparently farmed the surveys out to another firm.....they don't want the truth.. :-[..they can't handle the truth. :confused5: :-\ :o  har.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2012, 12:34:02 PM »

I have been doing them for about 4-5 years now, and never got a thing from them, by taking them you do see where they are going I new long before the 103 became a standard that they were going that way just by the surveys.
DND

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2012, 01:02:40 PM »

I have been doing them for about 4-5 years now, and never got a thing from them, by taking them you do see where they are going I new long before the 103 became a standard that they were going that way just by the surveys.
Well, what do you think they'll be doing next?  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2012, 04:31:54 PM »

I was doing them pretty regularly until a couple of months ago when the questions seemed to pertain to my personal life, asking about income, Smoking, drinking, types of liquor, etc. I just quit in the middle of that nonsense and have ignored everything since then.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2012, 06:33:10 PM »

I was doing them pretty regularly until a couple of months ago when the questions seemed to pertain to my personal life, asking about income, Smoking, drinking, types of liquor, etc. I just quit in the middle of that nonsense and have ignored everything since then.

I’m not inclined to give away my time; it’s far too valuable.

It almost sounds as if the company MoCo farmed this out to is selling the reviewers info to 3rd party vendors.  It was a mistake for MoCo to do this, because now the chain of  trust has been broken.  How can you be certain your information would be only used for internal product and engineering development?

No reward for your time and effort?  What is this, slave labor?  Not necessarily a two way relationship. 

I use CVO Harley because it is a valuable two way relationship, where the other members bring value to the table.  How can it be these big corporations expect their customers to spend their time answering questions and filling out surveys if there is nothing to be gained in return?  It is absurd for them to take loyal customers for granted in this manner. 

My hats off to you guys who’ve hung in there after they cut out any incentives.  No way will I start, unless they have some goodies to give for time spent.  Period.

Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 06:00:16 AM »

Spyder, now they are asking a lot about accessories heated grips , GPS , on touring models so they may soon become standard also asking a lot of questions about color choices.
DND

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 09:03:54 AM »

Spyder, now they are asking a lot about accessories heated grips , GPS , on touring models so they may soon become standard also asking a lot of questions about color choices.
Thanks DanteD.  They're quite brave asking about those heated grips that they supply....not sure they want that feedback.  :-\ spyder

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 10:54:08 AM »

Overall, it seems most of the questions they ask pertain to new motorcycle launches that occurred within the last 6 months, and they are looking for insight on how aware you are of the new model, and how you heard about it. Mostly trying to figure out where they get the best bang for the buck in advertising.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 11:11:12 AM »

Overall, it seems most of the questions they ask pertain to new motorcycle launches that occurred within the last 6 months, and they are looking for insight on how aware you are of the new model, and how you heard about it. Mostly trying to figure out where they get the best bang for the buck in advertising.

Agreed.  These are certainly valuable to HD in that they need to tap that younger market.  So far, they seem to be on the right track.  I mean, who's going to keep the company afloat once all those 50-60 somethings can't buy up their touring fleet each year?! 

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 02:31:20 PM »

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :knife: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2012, 07:57:52 AM »

So this month's survey focuses on web stuff and the next birthday party. Hope everyone tells/told them how good this site (CVOHarley.com) is! I'm thinking next year maybe AC/DC?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2012, 08:30:51 AM »

IMHO. they need to focus much more on the actual product, not how well the BS marketing grabs the attention of the potential victims customers.  If you make a killer product with outstanding quality and support it with outstanding customer service, you don't need to waste a fortune convincing the younger folks to buy it.  They handle the advertising for you free of charge on all their various social networking sites.  Of course, that cuts both ways.  While they are quick to create a large market for stuff they like, they can be just as quick spreading the negative feedback when the product disappoints.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 20 queries.