Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: 07 CVO's delayed???  (Read 25360 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: 07 CVO's delayed???
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2006, 05:49:50 PM »

......Just know that when it does come, it's going to blow your socks off just seeing it, much less how it's going to feel riding it!!   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
You knew her too??? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Oh, you talking about scooters I was having flashbacks in your post for a moment. [smiley=lost.gif] Where are my tools, who has my glasses, what room am I in???? [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 05:52:50 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2006, 06:22:11 PM »

Oh, you talking about scooters I was having flashbacks in your post for a moment. [smiley=lost.gif] Where are my tools, who has my glasses, what room am I in???? [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Great minds think the same..... ;D ;D ;D ;D  If your mind strays towards the gutter, as so many on here tend to do, there are double meanings in a lot of what we say   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] :o  Too bad we can't remember what we said 5 minutes ago   [smiley=confused5.gif] ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2006, 07:23:49 PM »

Had a discussion with my dealer today. I am still #1 on the list for an 07 CUSE. He checked his computer and the factory shows it as built, awaiting release. He thought that was good news and expects it at the store on 8/18. It is the red and black one. I wanted the orange and black. He shows another delivery in Sept(Blue) and one orange and black that he special ordered is scheduled for Dec/Jan. My question is, how many dealers are there and is it reasonable to expect a dealer will get three CUSE's?? The highest number of CUSE's to be built that I have seen is 4100+. Divide that amongst the dealers and there are only a couple per dealer. I may take the red and black one and be happy. Also good news-they are having 07 demo bikes this weekend and they will have an orange and black CUSE for demo rides. I will get to see one and also get to ride one before buying.

Don S

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2006, 07:29:40 PM »

Oh, you talking about scooters I was having flashbacks in your post for a moment. [smiley=lost.gif] Where are my tools, who has my glasses, what room am I in???? [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]Ride Safe,Fired00d [smiley=fireman.gif]

The d00derator has an excuse though its PAAS, no not the Easter egg dye kit....Post Anesthetic Amnesia Syndrome, you been getting so many procedures lately you must have an anesthetic residual that has effected your memory [smiley=drink.gif]

Flying Ace

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA#10357

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2006, 08:16:57 PM »

.....and they will have an orange and black CUSE for demo rides.

Wow!  That's hard to believe.

If they actually had one, you'd think it'd be out the door by now.
CVO Limited

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2006, 09:07:04 PM »

Don,

Sure is a tough decision you have there. Thing is, unless you are on the short list with another dealer, you may be out of luck with the orange/black. But be persistent on the phone with as many as you can, you may just have one fall in your lap.
  Me, I'd take the red/black and be as excited as the other ?4,000 who will be riding in style. Besides, paint is easier to come by than a 2007 CUSE.

Joe

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2006, 09:40:29 PM »

Joe
     I am #2 at another dealer who is getting an orange and black, Get this-their shipping documents still reflect a ship date of 7/13. They showed me their computer printout as well as the memo announcing the delay that we all know about. I cannot get the deal from this dealer that I have from the other dealer. I am starting to convince myself that a red and black one will be just fine. I drove a red cage for thirteen years and loved it.

Don

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2006, 09:59:17 PM »

Well, Don, paint is the ultimate subjective choice, especially in motorcycles.  And yeah, I'm partial to red bikes (as you can see from the avatar), but if I lose this battle to suppress the lust for an '07 and find myself doing something crazy, it'd be the red/black in a heartbeat.  Haven't even seen one yet, but I'm betting it's going to be the color of the year.

Welcome to the site by the way.
Jeff
Fremont, CA

2005 Cherry SEEG, V&H Dresser Duals, Samson Rolled Thunder Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Race Tuner

2005 Sierra Red/Silver Dyna Low Rider (Wife's ride), SE Tapered Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Stage

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2006, 10:08:59 PM »

............................. My question is, how many dealers are there and [highlight]is it reasonable to expect a dealer will get three CUSE's?? [/highlight]The highest number of CUSE's to be built that I have seen is 4100+. Divide that amongst the dealers and there are only a couple per dealer. I may take the red and black one and be happy. Also good news-they are having 07 demo bikes this weekend and they will have an orange and black CUSE for demo rides. I will get to see one and also get to ride one before buying.

Don S
Don,

There is no way to try to answer that question without a big disclaimer: all things H-D are subject to change at any time for any reason, or sometimes for no reason whatsoever.  Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I can relate how things went with the '05 SEEG's.  Initially each dealer was supposedly going to get one of each color. Several dealerships I frequent wound up getting extra bikes (3 places wound up with 1 green,2 cherries, and 1 yellow).  When I questioned one of the dealers about how he got an extra bike, he indicated that some dealers don't take their full allocation for whatever reason and H-D then makes the bikes available to the higher ranking dealers (sales and customer sat).  I got the impression also, without him coming right out and saying it, that H-D doesn't allocate as many CVO bikes (or any at all) to the poorer performing dealers.  So yes, it is possible that some dealers will get 3, or maybe more, CUSE's.  And no, there is no guarantee that your dealer will get the one you want.  When dealing with a relatively scarce commodity, it is sometimes best to follow that old adage about 1 in the hand being worth 2 in the bush.  

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2006, 10:30:40 PM »

I kind of thought that would be the case. The bird in the hand theory sure makes sense to me. I'll go with the red and black if that is my first opportunity.

Thanks for all the feedback for a CVO newbie.

Don S

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2006, 10:45:53 PM »

Don,

I believe that you are seasoned enough to make the right decision. That being said, I waited the last three years for my favorite HD model to reapear in the CVO line. I lost patience and bought an '06 Road King in April. And I'll be damned, when I saw the new line on 15 July, I became the happiest man alive. THE '07 SERK!!! I immediately called my dealer and expressed that I wanted a blue SERK. I was notified that sunday of a blue SERK schedualed for arrival on wednesday...his life depended on notifying me(I won't take any responsibility for actions of the same). The rest is history, but I will say this Brothers, I would have taken either the red or black, just the same.

Ride safe

Joe

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2006, 10:48:46 PM »

BTW, I gave away the '06 RK to have this wonderful machine. But it was well worth the 3 months rental. LOL

Joe

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2006, 12:27:12 AM »

I think the dealer allocation for CVO's is based on how many bikes they sell each year, and according to my dealer, how well they "score" on the evaluation HD sends to you after purchase.  I know the local dealer here (I'm talking 06 CUSE's) got 2 Hazes, and one Black Candy in a period of time from late Feb through June. The other one (owned by same people) got two B/C/C/S and one Haze...so that's six in about 4 months for those two. There was one Haze, and three BC at other dealers in the state, and I got one of them, though it was delayed...deposit in late March, delvery in early June.  So that's a total of 10 available from early spring to summer.  Of course, three of those dealers are pretty high volume.  Don't know how many they got all year.  I'm not sure if the really small dealers get but maybe one or two.

I would be happy with the B/O this year, but my preference would probably be the Red/Black, if I could choose.  I just like a little (or a lot) of red/crimson on my bikes.  To me, is sets them off.

Now Dood, don't get your feelings hurt, because nothing is as eye-catching as one of those Pumkins, and they look much better in person than any photo I've ever seen.  Like my Black Candy, you just can't see that flake until you get it out in the sunshine, and then  :o :o

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2006, 12:31:18 AM »

The d00derator has an excuse though its PAAS, no not the Easter egg dye kit....Post Anesthetic Amnesia Syndrome, you been getting so many procedures lately you must have an anesthetic residual that has effected your memory [smiley=drink.gif]

What, has he got a bottle of the stuff next to his bed or something? ;D ;D  I think it's some fast livin' and good times back a few years ago, just like the rest of us...the short term memory banks (RAM) are pretty much shot   ;D ;D

TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2006, 01:26:24 AM »

OK, courtesy of MCW on the Sturgis thread and the models are JC and Terry so here you go.....the red Ultra  See MCW's great pics from the CVO gathering here...http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1136832437/150  Thanks MCW
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 01:28:51 AM by Rjob749 »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 24 queries.