Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: 07 CVO's delayed???  (Read 25364 times)

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
Re: 07 CVO's delayed???
« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2006, 08:17:49 AM »

OK keep in mind I have mine so I could be a bit tainted. I remember not to long ago you went to your dealer told them you wanted a bike and were put on a list. When one came in you got a call and it was buy it or lose it. Thank the lord there is a better way however, in reading the posts my first choice was the O/B second R/B which by the way looks great from the picture above and I said I would not get the blue. Now I would take whatever I can as fast as I can. When you are riding them OK you can see the tank other than that they will all act the same until you make the mods. After that like anything else, the color will grow on you and joy will be abound.

I am really tainted! What I am saying is if you can get one don't pass on it if you don't like the color. It may be the only shot you get. GOOOOOOOD LUCK!!!
 [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2006, 11:49:28 AM »

.....I would be happy with the B/O this year, but my preference would probably be the Red/Black, if I could choose.  I just like a little (or a lot) of red/crimson on my bikes.  To me, is sets them off.

Now Dood, don't get your feelings hurt, because nothing is as eye-catching as one of those Pumkins, and they look much better in person than any photo I've ever seen.  Like my Black Candy, you just can't see that flake until you get it out in the sunshine, and then  :o :o
TC,
Feelings not hurt at all I have nothing against the Red/Black. You must understand though that for the last 23 years I've been riding around in red vehicles for work. Somehow to get a red vehicle for personal use to me would be overkill. My favorite color in motorcycles used to be black w/lots of chrome until the [smiley=pumpkin.gif] came along, and favorite color for my “cage” is blue.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2006, 11:52:54 AM »

What, has he got a bottle of the stuff next to his bed or something? ;D ;D  I think it's some fast livin' and good times back a few years ago, just like the rest of us...the short term memory banks (RAM) are pretty much shot   ;D ;D
You got that right, hit the nail square on the head there.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2006, 12:00:34 PM »

TC,
Feelings not hurt at all I have nothing against the Red/Black. You must understand though that for the last 23 years I've been riding around in red vehicles for work. Somehow to get a red vehicle for personal use to me would be overkill. My favorite color in motorcycles used to be black w/lots of chrome until the [smiley=pumpkin.gif] came along, and favorite color for my “cage” is blue.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Yeah, guess the red would get sorta old for you ;)  My bikes have all been either shades of red, or black, with the exception of the lime green panhead waaaaaay back.

Looking forward to seeing your pumkin!

Hope all these guys waiting on the 07's get what they want too....if it's a CVO, it's all good  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  I've been riding the new VROD the last couple of weeks, but Suzanne and I took a ride Sunday on the Ultra...there's nothing like it, and the more I ride it, the more I love it.  She's a keeper...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #169 on: August 09, 2006, 12:07:27 PM »

Keep in mind that Bama said that price is "out the door"  That means tax, title, and dealer prep, so [highlight]32,800 is a GREAT price [/highlight]on a new '06 CVO CUSE.  Tax alone is over 900 bucks, not counting dealer prep, frieght, and doc fees, which is generally another 700 bucks or more.  It'll sell for no problem at that price, even if it is just an 'ol 103 with a 5 speed  ;)  That's a savings of about 2500, at least, even if you get an 07 at MSRP and the dealer charges less than most for prep and doc fees.

Waiting is just part of it on these CVO bikes...hardly anyone on here got one without waiting.  I know it doesn't help to say that when you're the one waiting, but we're all suffering with you, 'cause we've been there.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Just know that when it does come, it's going to blow your socks off just seeing it, much less how it's going to feel riding it!!   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

I will be paying $2500 more for my '07 (out the door, taking into account difference in sales tax (6.25 % in Texas), setup, freight etc.). For $2500 I will be getting a 110, 6 speed, power locking bags, navigation system, adjustable rider footboards, and highway pegs. Not to mention a bike that is current year model. (Depreciation is about $1000 per year off of MSRP) Personally, I think it is worth $2500 to have these upgrades and a current year model. IMHO, I think that unless someone just can't wait for an '07 and just has to have a CVO Ultra "NOW", then the dealers will end up having to discount the remaining '06's even more to move them out the door. Don't they have like a $5000 markup (MSRP vs. invoice) on CVO ultras to play with??
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.- Roger Staubach.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2006, 12:22:36 PM »

Not sure how I would feel, but in 2003, a couple of HOG members told my husband about the most fantastic pair of motorcycles they had ever seen - the 04 SEEG and Deuce.  They just went on and on about how they looked, about how they had everything a person would want on a motorcycle, and on and on..... Well we got home from the HOG meeting and my husband got on the computer and looked at the HD site.  He had never bothered so much with researching anything before, that I know of.  He lusted after the orange and black.  He started calling around.  He called as far North as Maine, west to Chicago, South to Florida and Texas.  Every dealer had a different way of selling their bikes - and different again their CVOs.  

He really wanted the orange and black.  He is a Halloween baby and these are colors he really likes.  But he could not get a commitment for this color – he did get an offer for a Black and Blue at MSRP, so he took it.  He has since considered selling his BnB to buy the OnB, but to be fiscally responsible, he chose not to.  Not that there is anything at all wrong with the BnB, but if you lust after something, it is best you get what you want, no matter how long the wait.  For those who waited the longest I see that they seem to be the most happy with their purchases.  ;)

JMHO of course.     [smiley=cherry.gif]

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2006, 12:37:33 PM »

I will be paying $2500 more for my '07 (out the door, taking into account difference in sales tax (6.25 % in Texas), setup, freight etc.). For $2500 I will be getting a 110, 6 speed, power locking bags, navigation system, adjustable rider footboards, and highway pegs. Not to mention a bike that is current year model. (Depreciation is about $1000 per year off of MSRP) Personally, I think it is worth $2500 to have these upgrades and a current year model. IMHO, I think that unless someone just can't wait for an '07 and just has to have a CVO Ultra "NOW", then the dealers will end up having to discount the remaining '06's even more to move them out the door. Don't they have like a $5000 markup (MSRP vs. invoice) on CVO ultras to play with??

You may be right about the markup, I really don't know.  As far as the dealers having to do deep discounts on the 06 Ultra CVO's (for the very,very few available), guess we'll just have to wait and see.  The CVO Ultras have always been hard to come by, so I don't think they'll have to take much of a "beating" moving them out the door.  All the features you mention on the 07's are very nice, with one exception, and that is the GPS system.  I'm just not sure that would be an advantage over what I've got on my bike...the black and orange screen on the HK radio cannot possibly show what the color screen on a Garmin does...it's just all about what your used to.  I like being able to take mine off, hook it up to the computer and play around with loading maps and such, in the comfort of my den...portability is a plus, in my book, plus the full color display.  But I'm sure the HK GPS module will work great as well.

Hope you get exactly what you want...I did!!  That's all that matters  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2006, 12:51:03 PM »

.....Not that there is anything at all wrong with the BnB, but if you lust after something, it is best you get what you want, no matter how long the wait.  For those who waited the longest I see that they seem to be the most happy with their purchases.  ;)

JMHO of course.     [smiley=cherry.gif]
Ain't that the truth. I lusted for nine months waiting on the arrival of my [smiley=pumpkin.gif]. I wanted it so bad I sold my previous bike a couple of days after I found a dealer that hadn't sold all his allotments and I could be guaranteed the bike. Then had to go w/o a scooter for nine months. [smiley=nervous.gif] All I could do was look at pictures of my new scooter on the Internet, and the sales brochure. What made this even worse is I bought my bike from a dealer in another state, talk about being on pins and needles. Having never met them, and doing all the transactions over the phone I was one nervous puppy to say the least. It all worked out, and it was worth the wait. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2006, 11:30:44 AM »

:-/  The 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultras have been delayed.  I have been trying to find one and all dealers are telling me that they are off about 30 days.

napalm
napalm

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2006, 12:03:51 PM »

Is it safe to say if you don't have one now, there are none out there for sale? Does anyone know of any that can be had or are they all gone until next shipping? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2006, 01:53:16 PM »

HD Naples has a Road King Blue/silver (I love that look!), and an O/B CUSE in the crate.  HD Ft. Myers has an O/B CUSE on the floor.  I have NO idea as to price.  

Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #176 on: August 10, 2006, 02:06:12 PM »

Ft Myers already sold this morning.

wheels

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2006, 04:20:57 PM »

Just got a call from my dealer. My Red/Black CUSE2 is in. I'm picking it up tomorrow.  I will try and post pictures tomorrow. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

dps4

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2006, 04:26:57 PM »

i saw a red/black yesterday on the floor-not sold yet

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2006, 04:49:26 PM »

Wheels,
Great news on your bike! Please try and post pictures ASAP. I am excited that they are shipping and the Ultra Ultra is ready for the rest of us wild and crazy CVO people.
Kaz [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 24 queries.