Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: getting ready to buy fxr4  (Read 3681 times)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: getting ready to buy fxr4
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 03:11:12 PM »

I will give a comparison, between the fxr and the best handling "dyna" ever..the t-sport...     Needles to say..  i will still be keeping both...  They are both very different bikes.....  

Glad you survived the "situation" you found yourself in!

$7,000.00 for a 26K 2000 Tangerine FXR4, well that's actually a very good price for you! 

I have always been curious how a dyna fxdx-tsport handles compared to the 'latest" versions of the FXR, given that you have the 2000 set up with your front forks....you could always put in the cartridge set up by acquiring different forks if you felt it was different enough and if you felt so motivated.  

Of course the engine differences are set....how much does the FXDX-TSport supposedly weight as compared to the FXR4?  

Also interested in how you see them as very different bikes as well?

What's the rake difference?
What's the seat height difference?
What's the riding position difference?
as well as anything else......

So reading your report as to which one is better or more positively different will be an interesting read.

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 03:31:32 PM by FXR2evo99 »

Fxr4Rider

• More to come
  • Full CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, it's the journey.
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 Yellow
    • CVO2: 2012 Flhxse3- Build Date 01/12
    • CVO3: 1985 FLT (SOLD)
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 09:49:00 PM »

I love my FXR4 (Yellow) this has to be by far one the best handling bikes Harley produced. It takes on the twisties with confidence and with mine pumping out close to 90 ponies, it is FAST.  She has 30,000 miles on the clock and is a pile of fun to ride.

Congrats on your new scoot.  :2vrolijk_21:

Fullsac w/ 2" cores
Zumo 665
LED Spots with Led Trim Rings
HID Headlight
Red LED under glow street kit
Kury Curved Lic plate
Ultimate seat with backrest
FUN AS HELL TO RIDE!!
King Matched Tour Pak
Ultimate Seat
LRS Windscreen
More Chrome
Andrews 54's
.30 head gaskets
Chubby's and Heated Grips!

ro9beam2002

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 12:01:40 PM »

So far...

The seat height ...   the fxr4 sits lower than the t-sport

The fxr4 mids seem more comfortable than the t-sport

The fxr4 hwy pegs seem more comfortable that the t-sport

The t-sport "feels and looks to be bigger"  but actually i think the fxr4 is a 1/2 inch longer

The fxr4 feels to be put together better than the t-sport

The t-sport rides better

The wife liked riding on the back of the fxr4 even without the sissy bar.

Alot of this is subjective and my size....

The tranny/engine  matting feels better on the fxr4

I like the geared cam of the fxr4 better

For slow speed maneuvering the fxdxt wins hands-down...  this could be because of the drag-bars on the fxr4

The t-sport is much more wind-friendly on the hwy

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 02:21:14 PM »

t-sport rides better.

How so?  While I realize all of this is subjective, what do you mean it rides better? 

As far as the t-sport being more wind-friendly on the highway?

I use a cut down windshield on my FXR2 of course for long miles and feel it is much more friendlier of course with a windshield than without, have you ridden your FXR4 with a windshield yet?  Ummm if you haven't and you decide to purchase one, just make sure you cut the glass down to where you are not looking through the plexiglass so bring the shield down below your eyes....even if you sit in a slumped position as then if you were polarized sunglasses you won't' get color distortion looking through it.  You will get the same affect from the protection of the windshield without the visual distraction.

t-sport may feel bigger because the laden seat height is taller than the FXR4 would be my guess.

I will know much more about comfort soon on my FXR2 as I am going to be installing floorboards from a FXRP styled bike, just waiting for the new floorboards to show up today in the mail.  I already have all the brackets and hardware on the bike....just waiting....did I mention not patiently waiting, but just waiting.....lol  I have never found the mid range pegs and shifter to be comfortable at all on my FXR2.  (I am 5' 10" when wearing my boots on the bike).  I have indeed found the highway pegs to be very comfortable, but with the floorboards comes the removal of the highway pegs.  I am excited to try the floorboards however.  Getting these floorboards and associated parts is a monumental effort in terms of finding the parts. 

Thank you for addressing my questions!  As I have said I have always had an interest in the FXDX-TSport, primarily because of the effort and engineering that went into the front forks....

I would think of course that the FXR (any FXR for that matter built after 1992) has a stiffer and perhaps more comfortable ride given the 3 points of rubber mounting system incorporated into the frames design making the FXR superior to the construct of the FXDX-TSport.  It is this area of discussion I have the most curiosity about, given the front fork design of the FXDX-TSport vs that of the FXR's.

Regards,

Tim
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 24 queries.