Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Full Sac - Sound Tone and Loudness Comparison  (Read 18123 times)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Full Sac - Sound Tone and Loudness Comparison
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 06:35:46 PM »

Fulsac.  Go with their system.  They have it down pat.  I have the 2" cores and love em.
 :2vrolijk_21:

CVO FF

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic Riptide Blue/ Titanium Dust
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 07:40:29 PM »

Fullsac. Agreed.
Fullsac X pipe
Fullsac 2.0 power cores
TTS w/Fullsac Map
HD SE Ventilator
Anderson Tour Pack Extender
EZ up center stand
House of Hawgs LED tourpack light
Zumo 660

SHRK2TH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Street Glide / Black traded
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / White Starfire Black
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »

Not changing the subject on loudness.  Just watching the news here in Iowa.  Dubuque, Iowa police dept. is now going to start ticketing
bikes with a noise level of 200ft.   They expained and also had a biker on there, that if they can hear the bike at 200ft.  You get a $85.00
fine.  Now just reading H.O.G.  There is ride starting out of Dubuque this June.  That ought to be interesting...

As for mine?  Fullsac 2.25 in stock CVO mufflers. A little quieter than the Rineharts, but a deeper sound.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 08:05:47 PM »

Not changing the subject on loudness.  Just watching the news here in Iowa.  Dubuque, Iowa police dept. is now going to start ticketing
bikes with a noise level of 200ft.
   They expained and also had a biker on there, that if they can hear the bike at 200ft.  You get a $85.00
fine.  Now just reading H.O.G.  There is ride starting out of Dubuque this June.  That ought to be interesting...

As for mine?  Fullsac 2.25 in stock CVO mufflers. A little quieter than the Rineharts, but a deeper sound.
What noise (decibel) level? That's going to be awful subjective if they are just saying they "heard" the bike (or anything) within 200 ft. Depending on an individual's level of hearing what one may hear at that distance another may not and the differences from LEO's writing the citations are going to be all over the spectrum. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SHRK2TH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Street Glide / Black traded
    • CVO2: 2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / White Starfire Black
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 08:41:03 PM »

The comment of the newscastor was that if they could hear it at all in the 200 ft.  Then later, two guys measured out 200ft with a bike being heard
running on idle.  They werent happy.  A comment was made also from another biker, "what are they going to do for parades, fund raisers etc"?

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 05:12:16 PM »

Rinehart Extreme 4"

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 05:13:37 PM »

nice idle sound and you here them when you crack the throttle

Vulcanaft

• Full CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2012 SEUC (Sold)
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 12:05:39 AM »

I have installed (week ago) Fullsac stage 1 with the 1.75. It's really a perfect sound to me.
Bike responds better, heat is gone, I hope!
I can not stop twist the throttle, sound so good. So I am very happy!

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 01:40:23 AM »

260SCRMR, I highly suggest the Fulsac 1.75 baffles. They are not much louder than stock at  idle, you get a nice mellow sound when you crank the throttle and when cruising at highway speeds you can hear them, but they do not interfere with listening to radio, although I usually don't have my radio on. I am pretty sure your wife would be happy with the sound. I believe on an 08 the cat is in the muffler body. I think Fulsac can install his baffles into your stock muffler bodies, if your stock baffles cannot be removed easily. CAHDBIKER

I had the 4" Rhineharts installed this winter and have loved the sound since starting to ride this spring, BUT, my wife has done nothing but complain every time we ride. She's tried ear plugs but then can't hear the radio. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I need to do something before we leave for Tennesse in June. I don't want to go back to stock so I'm looking for something in between. From reading this I'm wondering if the Fulsac 2.0" would be a good compromise. Has anyone else had this problem?

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 08:48:55 PM »

nice idle sound and you here them when you crack the throttle
Nice! Don't know how they sound but those are the best "looking" Rineharts they have ever made. Never really liked the black end caps but those chrome ones look great.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 10:30:42 PM »

DanteD is on the money.  that's my set-up along with S&S TRue Dual headers. Full SAC sounds loud with a throaty rumble and a great sound on the deceleration
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 10:38:32 PM »

as far as the leo's trying to write tickets, somebody will get a ticket that has bux and a lawyer, that will just ruin the city's day - as long as the mufflers have the epa stamp on them the cops are going to be giving the money back, plus the cost of the lawyer, plus the time the guy spent, plus some cash for the aggravation.

every so often some locality tries this sort of thing - it goes fine and improves there coffers right up till they get it handed to them on a platter with a big bill.

noise standards are regulated by federal law, locals can allow more noise, but basically all the locals can do is enforce the federal law. they can if they want issue tickets to anything that has non stock non stamped exhaust - but thats about as far as they can go.

to

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 07:40:45 PM »

as far as the leo's trying to write tickets, somebody will get a ticket that has bux and a lawyer, that will just ruin the city's day - as long as the mufflers have the epa stamp on them the cops are going to be giving the money back, plus the cost of the lawyer, plus the time the guy spent, plus some cash for the aggravation.

I plead guilty to not reading through the whole thread to see just what this is about...

The EPA stamp is only worth anything so long as the mufflers are unmodified.  Even if they are still entirely as from the factory that made them, if engine innards and/or tune are modified from what the mufflers where approved for, I'd bet the EPA stamp on them is worthless.

I'd love to see the synopsis of a trial where it was argued that modified mufflers "have an EPA stamp".

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 08:00:56 PM »

"B. Screamin’ Eagle Nightstick 2-into-2
Slip-On Mufflers
Maximize the performance of your dual exhaust-equipped
’10-later Touring model. The unique, raspy sound of these
diffusion disc mufflers provides a style all its own. Designed
for easy installation on the Original Equipment header pipe
and muffler hanger, this long and lean muffler provides
enhanced airflow and back pressure to boost the performance
and sound quality of your bike. E PA stamped, this
muffler is 50-state street legal on stock displacement
engines."

You could tell the judge the "raspy" sound is legal, says so right in the book!
 :2vrolijk_21:
HOGMIKE

260SCRMR

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 CUSE3 Crystal Copper/Black Onyx 105th Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »

260SCRMR, I highly suggest the Fulsac 1.75 baffles. They are not much louder than stock at  idle, you get a nice mellow sound when you crank the throttle and when cruising at highway speeds you can hear them, but they do not interfere with listening to radio, although I usually don't have my radio on. I am pretty sure your wife would be happy with the sound. I believe on an 08 the cat is in the muffler body. I think Fulsac can install his baffles into your stock muffler bodies, if your stock baffles cannot be removed easily. CAHDBIKER

Thanks for the advice. I called Fullsac last week and told them what I was trying to do. She recommended the 2" and thought it would make enough of a difference over the 4" Rhinehart so that's what I ordered. I took the screen out and all the old packing. Then, after reading some posts here, I ordered some wrap material thinking I would wrap the screen like others have done but ended up wrapping the core without the air gap created by the screen. Just got it all back together last night and only had time to start it up in the garage. I don't think I lost much of the deep rumble I had from the Rhineharts but I don't know what it sounds like on the road yet. My wife came into the garage and thought they were quieter than the Rhinharts, so as long as she thinks it's quieter mission accomplished! I'll have some Rhineharts for sale as soon as I can gets some pictures.
True Dual Dresser Headpipes
2" Fullsac Power Cores
Stage 1 Chrome A/C
S.E. Super Tuner
Dyno Tune-Brandts HD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.