Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Anyone run True Duals anymore?  (Read 14958 times)

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
Re: Anyone run True Duals anymore?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 11:40:20 PM »

I also run the Yuill Bros Elite D true Duals on my 06.  I love the way the way it runs but i am tired of how loud it is.

I wish the head pipes would accept the CVO mufflers but they are too large.  I have collected allmost all the parts, I just need the oil pan for the 09 up and I am ready to convert to the Fullsac B Pipe, add 02 sensors & do a complete retune.

Nothing wrong with duals, just ready for a differnet sound without giving up performance.
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

kjmessner

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    • CVO2: Non-CVO 2006 Heritage Classic (wife's bike)
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 03:41:12 AM »

Have the V&H Dresser Duals and Monster Rounds on my bike - tuned with TTS Tuner.  Very happy with the results!
2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 05:27:06 PM »

Rush true duals on my 2012 FLHXSE3.

Steve, I'm on the fence on this myself. Rush TD or Fulsac. Can you post a few pictures of your SG with the Rush pipes? Do you think that you give up any ground clearance on the cross over? Did the bike tune well?
I am told by a good source that true duals can provide just as much torque as the 2-1-2. Just would like to hear from someone that has them already.
Ay tuners care to comment?
Thanks!
RETIRED! :fireman:

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 05:47:05 PM »

:drink:
"I am told by a good source that true duals can provide just as much torque as the 2-1-2. Just would like to hear from someone that has them already."

My experience would say BS to that comment.   My 2009 SE Ultra with ported heads, larger intakes, cams, larger throttle body, etc.  first had the V&H (True Duals)............Waaaaaaaaaaaay too loud,  my wife couldn't stand it........plus the dyno numbers were not as good as what followed.

I only tried the (true duals) by mistake.  The dealership was supposed to install the V&H (Power Duals) which has the "X" pipe and stepped headers, but they installed the others by mistake.  In a few weeks,  the Power Duals (V&H) showed up and were installed.  The Dyno nums were better and the noise was subdued..........not nearly as loud as the others, but still "bark" when ya get on it ( I have Rinehart slip ons) for mufflers. 

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 08:15:23 PM »

:drink:
"I am told by a good source that true duals can provide just as much torque as the 2-1-2. Just would like to hear from someone that has them already."

My experience would say BS to that comment.   My 2009 SE Ultra with ported heads, larger intakes, cams, larger throttle body, etc.  first had the V&H (True Duals)............Waaaaaaaaaaaay too loud,  my wife couldn't stand it........plus the dyno numbers were not as good as what followed.

I only tried the (true duals) by mistake.  The dealership was supposed to install the V&H (Power Duals) which has the "X" pipe and stepped headers, but they installed the others by mistake.  In a few weeks,  the Power Duals (V&H) showed up and were installed.  The Dyno nums were better and the noise was subdued..........not nearly as loud as the others, but still "bark" when ya get on it ( I have Rinehart slip ons) for mufflers. 

Yeah, I was wondering about the scavenging. I had TD on my road king and it had absolutely no balls low end. BUT it also turned out that I had it four years with mis-stamped cams. I only had it back fixed a few miles before I traded it so I didn't get much time with it. It did pull much better bottom end afterwards. I love the grunt of the stock system and don't want to lose that but the heat from the cat is just too much. I need to make a choice soon.
Thanks

stevehd

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 08:17:58 PM »

Rush true dual pictures

Using the Screamin' Eagle Nightstick mufflers with 12 discs.  I checked with a couple of sound monitoring apps on my Droid X today and at idle I am at 96 decibels.

Only have slightly over 1000 miles so far, using a Power Commander with a map from Fuel Moto, and am averaging 36 - 38 MPG.  The crossover does not hurt the ground clearance.
2012 Ruby Red and Typhoon Maroon FLHXSE-3
2014 Black Fxsb
2006 Big Dog Mastiff
1992 Yamaha FL-1200

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 09:04:28 PM »

Great pictures of a beautiful bike! Hard decision!
Thanks!

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 09:05:23 PM »

Rush true dual pictures

Using the Screamin' Eagle Nightstick mufflers with 12 discs.  I checked with a couple of sound monitoring apps on my Droid X today and at idle I am at 96 decibels.

Only have slightly over 1000 miles so far, using a Power Commander with a map from Fuel Moto, and am averaging 36 - 38 MPG.  The crossover does not hurt the ground clearance.

Veeery nice looking bike!
 8)
HOGMIKE

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 10:21:24 PM »

VH Dresser True Duals
KW revolver 4 " cans
SE heavy breather
SEPST
Dyno'd at American HD
91.11 HP / 111.31 TQ

Runs cool, strong flat Tq curve from 2300 thru 4000. No pops farts lag stall etc. Maybe better numbers out there with x-pipe  but not enough to give up how True Duals sound sound... Stealth when you want... Set off alarms with twist of grip. Personally think power duals sound like a pick up truck... Not crisp enough for me...But to each his own.

No regrets. Would do it all over. Lots of recommendations out there... Go with your heart!

PM me will email you dyno sheet. No real mods other than pipes.
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 09:13:45 AM »

V&H Dresser Duals with HI-OUTPUT SLIP ON's, Great sound very deep rumble, Aso running Zipper's Thunder-Max with Auto Tune, Have had no problems.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »

Let me first start by saying I'm running V&H Hi-Output Slipons on my 2011 CVO Street Glide. These pipes are super free flowing and can be pretty darn loud. Even for a guy like me who likes it louder than most.

With that said, I started out running the V&H Dresser Duals. Because the slipons were LOUD I messed around with their quiet baffles (unmodified and modified) a million times because the right side rear cylinder header pipe is shorter than the other causing the right side muffler to be annoyingly loud in my ear.

So after multiple screwing arounds I finally to my stock 2-1-2 header and cut out the cat and switched out the header pipes.

It's definitely quieter but I hate the sound. It sounds like a deep rumbling sport car instead of a Harley Davidson. As far as performance goes I agree with all the 2-1-2 guys here that it has better low end torgue but you definitley loose on top end revs. In my opion the 2-1-2 setup revs much slower.

Here's my 2 cents: True Duals  just sound better than 2-1-2's (my opinion).

True Duals = "Potato, Potato, Potato"
2-1-2's = "Sound more akin to BMW's M-Series cars" (If that makes sense)

Once I get a few more bucks saved up and listen to a few more slipons I'm going back to True Duals. My brother is running Reinhart True Duals with their 4" cans on a 2012 103" Street Glide and they sound dead on perfect. The Reinharts have a big edge so far.

Good Luck!
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

• CVO1: 2012 CVO RGC "Dirty Skunk"
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 04:01:55 PM »

Thanks for the input guys.

Willie and HDNik, I agree with both of you on the sound. This is why I'm considering duals to begin with. I'm pretty set on getting CFR slip-ons, and Cary Faas also mentioned to me that his pipes were designed to be used with a true dual header. This is what prompted me to see what guys were using with success.

I'm most likely going to get the TD's from Dragos, they're ceramic coated inside/out, they have both size O2 sensor bungs, they're priced right, and Frank is a great guy to deal with.

Now on to make a decision on tuner.....

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 08:37:19 PM »

Thanks for the input guys.

Willie and HDNik, I agree with both of you on the sound. This is why I'm considering duals to begin with. I'm pretty set on getting CFR slip-ons, and Cary Faas also mentioned to me that his pipes were designed to be used with a true dual header. This is what prompted me to see what guys were using with success.

I'm most likely going to get the TD's from Dragos, they're ceramic coated inside/out, they have both size O2 sensor bungs, they're priced right, and Frank is a great guy to deal with.

Now on to make a decision on tuner.....

Hold on for the ride! You think discussing headers is controversial... wait till ya see people chime in on tuners!

Here's my 2 cents... I've had both the TTS Mastertune (back when it was licienced by HD) and now SEPST. I'd avoid piggy backs, but thats just me... i know a bunch of guys who've had great success with them. I find the SEPST easy to use, but at the end of the day I'd suggest getting the bike professionally tuned on a dyno and using whatever tuner the technician is most comfortable with. (Money well spent after the investment of great pipes and cans).

Good luck with the mods! Ride it like you stole it!
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »

I'll bet Frank Drago recommended the Thunder Max Auto Tuner with his map.  I'm going to try one on mine with the S/C/S-4    2 into 1's.  I had great results with Revolution Performance Auto Tuner on my old bike but they don't have one out yet for the 2012's. 
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

• CVO1: 2012 CVO RGC "Dirty Skunk"
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 11:46:58 PM »

I'll bet Frank Drago recommended the Thunder Max Auto Tuner with his map.  I'm going to try one on mine with the S/C/S-4    2 into 1's.  I had great results with Revolution Performance Auto Tuner on my old bike but they don't have one out yet for the 2012's. 

He did or the TTS, but from what I have dug up and read doesn't seem the T-Max really auto tunes like the Rev Performance or Dynojet products with sideband sensors. Seems the T-Max is only auto adjusting AFR, not any other settings.

So we'll see......
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 20 queries.