Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any IPod geeks out there?  (Read 1989 times)

zfdtruckman

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
Any IPod geeks out there?
« on: May 12, 2012, 10:52:45 PM »

I have my Ipod on my CVO ultra loaded.  Any way they can be set to stay at the last played tune when you start the bike?  Mine always begins at the beginning everytime I take off and it's such a pain to scroll through 500+ to get back where you were.

Winhawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 Rio Red FLTRUSE (Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 Autumn Haze and Carbon Dust FLTRUSE
Re: Any IPod geeks out there?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 02:54:27 AM »

I turn off the bike. Then I turn off the radio. Then I turn off the ignition switch. That works for me.

zfdtruckman

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 03:09:41 AM »

Thanks, I'll check it out.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 09:56:05 AM »

I just cut the ignition switch and ipod starts where left off.
RETIRED! :fireman:

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 12:03:28 PM »

I just cut the ignition switch and ipod starts where left off.

That's been my experiance. The only issue I have, is sometimes during the starting process, I'll lose the sound and have to unplug and plug back in to reboot it. I just consider the designer and move on.............
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.

MsPalmyra

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »

I've been trying to get help with the iPod issue for a year on my 2011 CVO Streetglide.  2 dealerships can't help me either.  I have both the Nano and the Shuffle.  Both do the same thing.  If bike is off more than an hour, its starts all over, beginning with "A", (Addicted-Abel).  The biggest pain is that I have it on shuffle and it plays the same 50+- songs over and over.  I've tried everything.  If shuffle and repeat are both on, you have to get the "repeat" off.  I can do that, plug it back in, and the bike turns on the repeat again.  I can take repeat "off", leave the shuffle "on", plug it up in my Ford F-150, and it plays all 1300+ songs.  Just got back from Panama City Beach and I'm so pissed I'm on my Itunes library unchecking all the songs that keep playing over and over.  Jeezzzz!

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 08:16:18 PM »

Mine just seems to either repeat or shuffle. I would like it to just run the entire playlist top to bottom. No one seems to be able to tell me how to get it to do that. Maybe I can set the Ipod and then plug it to the bike??
RETIRED! :fireman:

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 01:33:57 AM »

When I got my rear Aux port installed the Iron Cross folks mentioned that the HK radio will default to Aux on start up, regardless of what was happening when the bike was running last. I've found the only way to circumvent this pain in the azz is by shutting down and starting up the way Winhawk mentioned.

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 12:11:46 PM »

I have the same problem too, sometimes it starts where I left off and sometimes it doesn't.  Even on shuffle I hear the same songs over and over.  Hopefully Harley will come up with an update to this problem.
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
D&D FatCat Performance Baffle
Thundermax

plasmadaddy

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite & Black Diamond Street Glide
    • The Rhythm Patrol
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 02:20:58 AM »

Hopefully Harley will come up with an update to this problem.

Ever seen a flyin' pig!  :P

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 03:35:16 AM »

Actually saw one once, in Turkey.  Catapult-assisted.  It flew pretty well for a while; the landing......well, that was not so good.......

hogasm

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 06:53:05 AM »

I've been trying to get help with the iPod issue for a year on my 2011 CVO Streetglide.  2 dealerships can't help me either.  I have both the Nano and the Shuffle.  Both do the same thing.  If bike is off more than an hour, its starts all over, beginning with "A", (Addicted-Abel).  The biggest pain is that I have it on shuffle and it plays the same 50+- songs over and over.  I've tried everything.  If shuffle and repeat are both on, you have to get the "repeat" off.  I can do that, plug it back in, and the bike turns on the repeat again.  I can take repeat "off", leave the shuffle "on", plug it up in my Ford F-150, and it plays all 1300+ songs.  Just got back from Panama City Beach and I'm so pissed I'm on my Itunes library unchecking all the songs that keep playing over and over.  Jeezzzz!

Sounds like a bad battery in the pod

Vyscera

• Angsty Youth
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FXDFSE2- Taken out by a Ford
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 11:27:57 AM »

After being inactive for a while the IPod is shutting down. When you turn your bike back on, the firmware in the stereo tells it to start at the begining not where you were. The ipod isnt running on its own software entirely, which is why you cant use the play controls on teh ipod itself when its connected. The connectivity glitches are just BS that the MOCO is ignoring.
Motorbreath is how I live my life, I cant take it any other way...

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 02:05:51 PM »

After being inactive for a while the IPod is shutting down. When you turn your bike back on, the firmware in the stereo tells it to start at the begining not where you were. The ipod isnt running on its own software entirely, which is why you cant use the play controls on teh ipod itself when its connected. The connectivity glitches are just BS that the MOCO is ignoring.

That makes sense.
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
D&D FatCat Performance Baffle
Thundermax

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 20 queries.