Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Help with a new company name  (Read 3785 times)

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
Re: Help with a new company name
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 02:26:53 AM »

Rover

Cruise-In

Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 08:16:49 AM »

Seriously, I see that there is a vent in the roof and the white color would reflect a lot of heat. Just wondering if that vent has a fan since there's power to the trailer anyway for the running lights. Another suggestion if you don't already have it is some sort of water dispenser in the interior. Perhaps a extra large version of what the use for hamsters etc that the dog would get water if they licked the end of the tube ? Last I would suggest doing a sound check to insure that there is no wind buffeting inside the trailer when the side windows are roof vent are open. Just as buffeting can cause people to lose their hearing dogs are trebly suceptible in that their hearing is super sensitive.

I say all this Brian not to be a jerk but to suggest things that might find you on the end of a product liability lawsuit. As you are well aware, not everyone in the world is standup and the things people will do to extort money from even close friends is amazing. Just playing the devils advocate here.

I do think you've got an AMAZING product. It looks faboulous, well designed and well constructed and I wish you HUGE success.

B B

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 08:49:29 AM »

It looks real classy. I like it. Been thinking of getting something like that for our Lab. Wondering, as others have, what the temp gets to inside and also wind noise while cruising.  Also, like the idea of a tour type rack on top for a duffle.

Waggin Wagon gets my vote.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

hogasm

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 09:33:09 AM »

How do you keep the inside of the trailer cool riding in the sun all day ?

Brian when I build the trailer I use .5" divinycell as the base to apply the fiberglass to. The divinycell is a closed cell, high density foam that has great insulating properties. We use the same material to build ice boxes that commercial fishermen use on the deck of their boats to put ice and fish into.

Last July 4 it was 105 degrees outside and Jade's fur temp...taken with an inferred thermometer... was 72 degrees.

One of the extras I will do is to make a built in cooler into the front section of the trailer. I thought that it could double as a cooler and allow what ice does melt to exit into a built in dish for the dog to drink...of course there would be an overflow and a lip to alleviate splashing.

hogasm

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 09:43:58 AM »

Seriously, I see that there is a vent in the roof and the white color would reflect a lot of heat. Just wondering if that vent has a fan since there's power to the trailer anyway for the running lights. Another suggestion if you don't already have it is some sort of water dispenser in the interior. Perhaps a extra large version of what the use for hamsters etc that the dog would get water if they licked the end of the tube ? Last I would suggest doing a sound check to insure that there is no wind buffeting inside the trailer when the side windows are roof vent are open. Just as buffeting can cause people to lose their hearing dogs are trebly suceptible in that their hearing is super sensitive.

I say all this Brian not to be a jerk but to suggest things that might find you on the end of a product liability lawsuit. As you are well aware, not everyone in the world is standup and the things people will do to extort money from even close friends is amazing. Just playing the devils advocate here.

I do think you've got an AMAZING product. It looks faboulous, well designed and well constructed and I wish you HUGE success.

B B

Another thing I did some testing on is carbon monoxide levels. I have only used a Goldwing with stock exhaust, a Harley dresser with Rhineharts and one with a D&D borzilla. What we found was that when not moving the levels were higher than while going down the road. The exhaust forms a vortex, kinda like a jet engines exhaust swirling behind it. The levels while going 55mph were higher 5 feet behind the trailer than while inside it.

Wind buffeting was tested with the windows open and closed. I found that with 2 of the air openings....it has 2 windows, 1 roof vent, and the rear door can be held slightly open....but with 2 of the 4 open the buffeting is not present. It is present with only 1 open.

We also found that some dogs just lay down while moving, but there are some that just won't lay down even while riding in a car or truck.

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 11:16:41 AM »

Kanibus
K9 Coach
Paws R Us
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:31:15 AM by CVOThunder »
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 11:25:17 AM »

Bitch Hitch....

Dual purpose   :huepfenjump3:
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 11:36:38 AM »

Dog Gone Trailers.........Dog Going Trailers  :2vrolijk_21:

Mongo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Electra Glide Ultra, Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 07:02:37 AM »

K9 Hauler
Critter Coach
Buddy Roller
Lucky Limo

Zipper104

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2012, 09:44:31 PM »

If I was a dog I'd be pissed I couldn't stick my head out the window. Gotta be able to do that.

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 09:50:40 PM »

If I was a dog I'd be pissed I couldn't stick my head out the window. Gotta be able to do that.

I was thinking maybe a hole in the top of the trailer just big enough for their head to stick out?? With goggles on for bug protection!!

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »

Woof-N-Wheels

Dog-Trackin

Dog-Tracker

Waggin-Master 

*** So, does the winner of said naming contest win a prize?   :nixweiss:   

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2012, 02:59:10 PM »

Pooch Hauler

Dawgs with the Hawgs

Dawgs and Hawgs             No Mike is not ridding along

Road Zwinger                   Road Kennel

Zwinger on Wheels           Kennel on Wheels

K9 Carriages

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2012, 03:57:10 PM »

Dog Glide Trailers...........Road Dog Trailers.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »

Woof-N-Wheels

Dog-Trackin

Dog-Tracker

Waggin-Master 

*** So, does the winner of said naming contest win a prize?   :nixweiss: 

Yea  :nixweiss:  Like maybe a dog trailer cause I could use one  :2vrolijk_21: 

Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.524 seconds with 21 queries.