Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Study finds speeding tickets most likely in Nevada, Georgia and Alabama.  (Read 1539 times)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.

:nervous:  Big Brother is watching!   :nervous:

According to a study by The National Motorists Association, the states were ranked, and the NMA found that Nevada writes the most tickets for speeders, with Georgia second and Alabama third. NMA says this method is not an exact measure, but it does correspond to its daily experiences in helping drivers fight tickets.

Here is the article and rankings in Autoweek Magazine. [url]

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3

Can't relate to the other States but Georgia definitely. Driving to Fla each year down I -75 always  a lot more vehicles pulled over in the State of Georgia in relationship to the other States.

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Mako Shark

If you're driving down I75 in GA slow down when you're going through Tifton, GA. Just a heads up...   :2vrolijk_21:
Trust, but verify.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

Thanks for the heads up Greg......as a group of us are about to set out across Nevada in a couple of hours. :nervous:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback

Got a speeding ticket in Nevada 25 years ago....$5 for 'misuse of a non-renuable resourse.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member

I know why in Nevada!  :P

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.

Thanks for the heads up Greg......as a group of us are about to set out across Nevada in a couple of hours. :nervous:

Safe travels, JC! 

I'll bet most of the Nevada tickets are given to California residents on their way to Vegas!   :huepfenlol2:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)

In Alabama, it's not so much the Interstates you have to worry about, as we have fewer State Troopers than most.  It's when you get off the interstates and go through the cities/towns.  Alabama is one of the poorest states in the country, with regressive tax structure, extremely low property taxes, etc.  When the economy takes a dump and sales tax revenues go down (they tax food, drugs...EVERYTHING you consume) in the various cities/towns, they have to make up for it somehow, as the LEO departments get their budgets cut accordingly.  I draw a state pension and have not received a cost of living increase since 2006, when I retired from the state.

Our State government would rather spend taxpayer dollars on rounding up Bingo machines, fighting draconian imigration laws all the way to the Supreme Court, be concerned with whether some red neck judge can have the Ten Commandments in his courtroom, spending thousands of dollars fighting stupid chit instead of taking measures to support the efforts of everyday working people and their local government.  It's a beautiful state in so many ways, but taking care of itself and it's people is not high on the priority list for our Govna'.

Just go the speed limit when you get off Interstates, and don't go more than 5mph over the posted limit, regardless.

Pitts Off...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?

:nervous:  Big Brother is watching!   :nervous:

According to a study by The National Motorists Association, the states were ranked, and the NMA found that Nevada writes the most tickets for speeders, with Georgia second and Alabama third. NMA says this method is not an exact measure, but it does correspond to its daily experiences in helping drivers fight tickets.

Here is the article and rankings in Autoweek Magazine. [url]

Thanks for the confirmation...

Kickst@nd

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE
    • CVO2: On list for 2013 CVO Road or Street Glide

Yep, matter of bad luck in Nevada or near the California border.  I have done plenty of riding in Nevada with no problems.  You can't go speed limit on the open road.  Just can't. LMAO!!!

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 20 queries.