Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: New mods 23inch wheel  (Read 4819 times)

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
Re: New mods 23inch wheel
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 07:26:11 PM »

So no other mods to accomodate 23" wheel , just  stiffer fork springs
My favorite color is chrome

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »

I'm thinkin a fender would be required .. Personally .. I wouldnt change wheels and leave the dbl disk on .. wheel looks tooo good to cover it on the show side ..go to 13 inch rotor w/6 piston caliper and perhaps LRB pads .. But I do like the big wheels ..  Jus sayin

chad_oxendine5010

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 06:07:02 PM »

I had to change the triple trees so the trailing would be right and the fender thats all that had to be changed to make the 23 inch rim work.

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 08:48:50 PM »

Who's tree did you use ? I was looking at Hawg Halters weld on kit but that looks risky, Anyone got any advice on this? Thanks CVOERS
My favorite color is chrome

chad_oxendine5010

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 12:36:53 AM »

http://hstrial-trickyairbillet.intuitwebsites.com/ this is the web site they came from i didn't do any welding just changed the trees so if I was wanting to put it back stock I could if u were to do any welding that means u will be cuting your frame and I didn't want to do that

RockonBigB

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 02:43:25 PM »

I am putting on those same bars the end of this week and can't wait to get it back from the shop.  Your pics pushed me over the edge to fet the Carilini over the Yaffe.

mannyr

• Full CVO Member
  • 2013 CVO Road Glide. A few mods
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2012, 07:08:49 AM »

Hi Chad,  So you changed the triple trees and kept the stock front end. A couple of  questions, Did you do anything to the fairing bracket ? Are  the headlight pointing upward?  No wobble at high speed? Does the fender hit the bottom of the fairing? Does it sit level? I have a 12 CVO Road Glide and thinking of going the 23 inch route but I'm hesitant to cut the frame. Thanks Manny

chad_oxendine5010

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 04:49:50 PM »

Manny when i put the triple trees on It comes with a bracket for the headlight to be adjusted back to the stock position so its not pointed in the trees its level. Its does not wobble a bit i have had it up to 120mph still rides the same. No the fender does not hit the fairing i have hit a couple of bumps and it has not hit yet This is the reason I put the stiffer springs in the forks so it wont bottom out. It still sits level too. I hope this helps you with your decision about you bike i would not cut the frame if i were you its like cutting the value of you bike in half if u do that.

mannyr

• Full CVO Member
  • 2013 CVO Road Glide. A few mods
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2012, 10:02:07 AM »

Hey Chad thanks for answering. So I called Trickey Air Billet and I know what to get. Where did you get the stiffer springs what make and model? Finally going to pull the trigger!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.