Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Wheeldock E-Z Up Stand  (Read 17364 times)

Rock N Roll

• Full CVO Member
  • Ride Hard Or Stay Home!
    • LA

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2002 FLSTS
Wheeldock E-Z Up Stand
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:29:14 PM »

I recently installed a Wheeldock EZ Up Stand on my '11 FLTRUSE.  You can see it being used in my photo.  I always like my bike parked upright if it has to be parked at all.  I called to order and told the guy at Wheeldock I was installing on a CVO.  He knew exactly what height I needed since CVO's typically have taller wheels than stock.  I love how easy it works and installation is about as easy as it gets!  One tip, when you start using the Wheeldock for the first few times, put your kickstand down first.  It won't interfere with the Wheeldock and you cut your chances of dropping your very expensive bike by 50%!  Trust me, I learned the hard way!  I would certainly recommend the Wheeldock to others!  BTW, no problem at all with ground clearance.  There is an additional benefit as you can get a little more fuel in the tank when the bike is straight up!  Less stops equals more ride time!  Ride Hard or Stay Home!
Remember, you have to care where you are to be lost.  Enjoy the ride!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Wheeldock E-Z Up Stand
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 09:32:44 PM »

Got the part number of the one you ordered? I have the same bike (well, different color).

Next, is the back tire off the ground a little while it's on the stand? Would make cleaning the back rim a whole lot easier than on a bike jack.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

rdawg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red AKA "Red Rider"
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:02:19 PM »

I just ordered and they said it was a #4.  They didn't mention anything different on the CVO.  My 11 ruse has the same tire size as my wifes 09 ultra Classic (130-80-17).  I ordered some spacers so that my Beemers will fit too.

Rock N Roll

• Full CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 10:36:28 PM »

Sorry but I don't remember the Part Number.  I called Wheeldock to order mine because I wanted to make sure I was getting the right one for a CVO.  The guy that helped me was very knowledgable about the differences in CVO's. 

In response to your question about the rear wheel being off the ground, no it isn't.  It can be if you put a piece of 3/8" or 1/2" plywood under the Wheeldock before you put it down.  Wheeldock states this works on their website!  Very little effort is required to put the bike on the centerstand.  Even less effort is required to get it off the stand.  You simply start the bike and ride off!  I wish Wheeldock made one for a Softail.  I'd buy one of those too!

kjmessner

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    • CVO2: Non-CVO 2006 Heritage Classic (wife's bike)
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 02:49:56 AM »

I added the EZ-up stand months ago, and have to admit it is one of best purchases I've made.  Easy to install, in fact, it was the quickest install of anything I've added to my bike! 
2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 06:59:21 AM »

I added the EZ-up stand months ago, and have to admit it is one of best purchases I've made.  Easy to install, in fact, it was the quickest install of anything I've added to my bike! 

X2...I even removed it from my '10 SESG and installed it on my '11.....

Tannehill Kid

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 10:41:16 AM »

I bought two of the Wheeldocks at a show back in April and they were shipped to me the following week.  My wife and I have a couple of Street Glide CVO's which has the same low profile tire.  The bikes did not stand up on their own like we saw at the show.  Called and talked to Jeff about the problem and he had me do some measuring and made us two more and sent them to us.  Works a lot better know.  Jeff really took care of the problem and got me fixed up. This kind of customer service is really getting hard to find anymore.  Met Jeff and Rod at the Harley rally and they are the real deal and take pride in there products.  One of my buddies bought one of their E-Z up type stands at the show and he really likes it too!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:35:53 AM by Tannehill Kid »

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 10:54:04 AM »

I installed mine with the extra 1/4" for the FlTRUSE. I dropped the bike once. I am tired of trying to get the bike on it. It just hangs under my bike as a christmas tree ornament. I don't use it at all. Wasted close to $300.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 09:08:54 PM »

I installed mine with the extra 1/4" for the FlTRUSE. I dropped the bike once. I am tired of trying to get the bike on it. It just hangs under my bike as a christmas tree ornament. I don't use it at all. Wasted close to $300.
Why does our bike take the extra 1/4"? I'm very interested in one of these. I have a nice size chunk of plywood laying around I can cut to fit between the tires so I can clean that back wheel easier.

Jerry/MD

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 09:36:55 PM »

I've had one on my last three bikes. Love it!  :2vrolijk_21:

Rock N Roll

• Full CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 10:00:18 PM »

Our FLTRUSE's have 18" diameter wheels front and rear.  Most standard touring models have 17" front and 16" rear wheels.  The way I understand it, since the wheels are taller on our RG CVO's, but the frames are the same as stock bikes, the center point of the axle is higher off the ground than stock bikes therefore requiring a taller Wheeldock stand.  Not all CVO's have 18" wheels front and rear but our RG's do.  The increased height is also why our bikes lean so far left when using the stock kickstand.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 10:12:45 PM »

Our FLTRUSE's have 18" diameter wheels front and rear.  Most standard touring models have 17" front and 16" rear wheels.  The way I understand it, since the wheels are taller on our RG CVO's, but the frames are the same as stock bikes, the center point of the axle is higher off the ground than stock bikes therefore requiring a taller Wheeldock stand.  Not all CVO's have 18" wheels front and rear but our RG's do.  The increased height is also why our bikes lean so far left when using the stock kickstand.
TY sir.  :2vrolijk_21:  Time to start looking around unless Darth wants to part with his ::)

Rock N Roll

• Full CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 10:38:19 PM »

There is a simple technique to using the stand.  Like I stated early on, I dropped mine once!  I was in line for the ATM at my bank.  To make matters even worse, I couldn't lift the bike myself and had to wait for help to come along.  Quite embarrassing especially considering I've been riding for close to 50 years now.  Hey, "poop" happens!  Here's what I find that may help you avoid a drop.  Lean your bike to the right the same as you would to put the stock kickstand down.  Go ahead and put the KS down for safety's sake.  You will know when the right side of the Wheeldock hits the ground.  You will learn to "feel" when the left side makes contact.  At that point, it is very easy to apply pressure with your left foot and you're done!  I think having your kickstand down until you get the "feel" of the left side of the stand making contact will prevent you from dropping your bike.  It isn't likely you will ever drop it to the right side since you put the stand down with your left foot.  Your right foot has constant ground contact.  Good luck!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 10:45:41 PM »

I had a 96 Virago that had the center stand on it. Got used to using that a lot when cleaning the bike. Makes life easy at times for sure.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 10:50:58 PM »

:worthless:  Sure would like to see a picture of one  :nixweiss:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.