Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Jagg Oil Cooler install  (Read 6130 times)

CVORod110

Jagg Oil Cooler install
« on: June 09, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »

Just installed a Jagg 1100 chrome oil cooler. Haven't took it out yet. Hopefully it will drop my temps.

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
Re: Jagg Oil Cooler install
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 06:25:31 PM »

looks good  :2vrolijk_21:
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

ejvette

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 07:17:49 PM »

My understanding and please correct me because I sure maybe wrong  :oops: When in moition air flow cools the oil.  Where the heat really becomes an issue is with stop and go bumper to bumper or really slow movement where there is little air flow hence the oil gets very hot.  Now these oil coolers will of cousre give you lower oil temps when the bike is in motion using airflow.  But here's the rub...when in that slow traffic or slow movement with very little air flow when you really want that cooler oil it just doesn't help.....no air flow....now if they made a unit with a fan that might work.

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.(W. Churchill)

12 CVO Convertible Satin Pewter
09 Deluxe Vivid Black-Sold

1998 Corvette 500HP
1970 Chevelle SS454 M22 Rock Crusher

CVORod110

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 07:22:37 PM »

A ride home and I would have been in the upper 240's. Checked it and it was 217! NICE!!

CVORod110

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 07:26:27 PM »

I agree with that somewhat, it is still a heat exchanger so it is still going to get rid of some of the heat. Plus it is a little more oil.

Landshark

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTF-SE
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDF-SE
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCU-SE
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 12:54:02 AM »

Please let everyone know how it works out with the oil temp.  I am still looking for an oil cooler which will work effectively on my 09 FXDF-SE.  Thank you for the post

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • Pharaoh Bikers
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 07:04:19 AM »

Just installed a Jagg 1100 chrome oil cooler. Haven't took it out yet. Hopefully it will drop my temps.

Would it fit with a lindby bar on 2012?

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 09:55:05 AM »

My understanding and please correct me because I sure maybe wrong  :oops: When in moition air flow cools the oil.  Where the heat really becomes an issue is with stop and go bumper to bumper or really slow movement where there is little air flow hence the oil gets very hot.  Now these oil coolers will of cousre give you lower oil temps when the bike is in motion using airflow.  But here's the rub...when in that slow traffic or slow movement with very little air flow when you really want that cooler oil it just doesn't help.....no air flow....now if they made a unit with a fan that might work.
There are several out there with fans
Enigma Concepts CAOCS
Big Sky
Cool Jugs
and a few others. Even Jagg has one with a fan behind it

Raza51

• Full CVO Member
  • Ready to Roll

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 09:34:57 AM »

Thinking of doing the same.....temp guage was reading 250 and even got up to 271 I know thats too high but bike ran excellent 2012 Convert...
interested in other options also....thanks
2012 Convertible
2009 Timeout Easy Camper
2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins
2009 FS2300 Weekend Warrior
Harleys come in many colors, mine is Red, White and Blue!

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 01:15:17 PM »

I'd go with the Harley cooler, looks better & doesn't stick out with exposed lines like Jagg

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • Pharaoh Bikers
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 04:30:46 AM »

I'd go with the Harley cooler, looks better & doesn't stick out with exposed lines like Jagg

The new Harley cooler fitting 2011 -2012 doesn't come with a chrome cover , only black , that is what I know at least

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 10:49:23 AM »

Here is Harley cooler installed on my 2010.    Temps seem to be 10-15 degrees cooler than before, but still 2 hot.  IMHO

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 02:52:42 PM »

I like the look and position of the HD oil cooler better than the Jagg but from what I have read, Harley's oil filter adapter is much more restrictive than the Jagg - almost to the point of dropping the pressure dangerously low. Keep in mind this is anecdotal as I have not seen or tried either unit and am just relaying the info.

I have been tempted to add the HD unit but swap out the HD adapter for the Jagg which you can buy separately. I would then add one of the aftermarket fans behind the cooler if necessary.

Then again a certain Wizard told me if your ride is properly tuned your oil temps should stay quite reasonable under most if not all riding circumstances and an oil cooler is not really necessary. YMMV.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

PierceEye

• Living The Life In Florida
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8-ANV
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 05:27:38 PM »

I like the look and position of the HD oil cooler better than the Jagg but from what I have read, Harley's oil filter adapter is much more restrictive than the Jagg - almost to the point of dropping the pressure dangerously low. Keep in mind this is anecdotal as I have not seen or tried either unit and am just relaying the info.

I have been tempted to add the HD unit but swap out the HD adapter for the Jagg which you can buy separately. I would then add one of the aftermarket fans behind the cooler if necessary.

Then again a certain Wizard told me if your ride is properly tuned your oil temps should stay quite reasonable under most if not all riding circumstances and an oil cooler is not really necessary. YMMV.

MikeV

It should not need an adpater and the 110B motor has in/out holes threaded and plugged on the filter housing stock??

FLHTCUSE8-Anv w/ Vance & Hines true dual Ovals
88.85hp & 109.33tq tuned with the SE Pro Super Tuner

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 06:38:49 PM »

It should not need an adpater and the 110B motor has in/out holes threaded and plugged on the filter housing stock??

PierceEye,

That would make for a much simpler installation. Do you know where they are located?

Thanks,

Mike
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.275 seconds with 20 queries.