Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zumo 660 wiring  (Read 1233 times)

mrbhd

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2008 Flhtcuse3
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
Zumo 660 wiring
« on: June 12, 2012, 04:21:53 PM »

I have a 2008 CVO Ultra.  How difficult is it to wire in a 660 GPS.  I did a search and found a few topics but none specific.  Thanks in advance for any help provided.

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
Re: Zumo 660 wiring
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 04:58:26 PM »

I have a Zumo 550 and have had it wired into three different bikes.  A 2000 Road Glide, 2007 Ultra and a 2008 CVO Ultra.  I have always run it back to the battery under the tank, much easier on the 2008 than the earlier ones.  Not a big deal. 

It can also be connected under the fairing too.   

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 05:24:10 AM »

There's a set of capped wires by the headlight harness that would be used for fender tip lighting on a non-cvo. They're an easy power source as well if you're running the harness into the fairing.

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 06:42:31 AM »

It is not difficult at all. With the 660 you will have 1 main cable out of the GPS mount. The main cable will split into 4 separate cables. 1 for power, 1 for the audio output, this port is a 3.5mm Stereo, 1 for the external microphone input,this port is a 2.5mm Mono and a USB cable (you will not use the USB plug on the 660 it is used on the 665 for the XM radio puck antenna). Run this main cable into the fairing, follow the handlebars if you go with the bar mount. If you go with the fairing mount then you will just pass the wiring harness through the hole you cut for mounting the fairing mount. Connect the power up to the cigarette lighter. Run a 3.5mm Stereo Male to 3.5mm Stereo Male Cable from the audio output port on the main wiring harness from the GPS to the Auxiliary Input on the front of the radio. The radio must be in the AUX mode to hear unless you install a NIM. Even if you install a NIM if you want to hear MP3 songs from the GPS or hear a phone call the radio must be in the AUX mode. You will be able to make and take a phone call while the bike is still using the built in microphone on the front of the GPS, if the radio is in the AUX mode. This microphone is worthless once the bike is running so if you want to be able to talk while the bike is running down the road at 70 you will need a helmet microphone to GPS interface such as the H-D Bomm (www.hdbomm.com). The interface plugs into the external microphone input port on the main GPS harness.

Jim
Ride It Like You Are Retired

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 20 queries.