Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: About to get my 2012 SESG Dark Slate/Black Diamond. A couple questions...  (Read 2858 times)

savagegxc

• CVO1: 2012 SESG (Black diamond/slate)

I am so exicted I can't stand it.  Been waiting about two months now for this bike and the date the dealer gave me is June 22.  Problem is, that is a Friday and they only get bikes on Tuesdays.  My local credit union has 3.99 for 72 going on right now that I have qualified for but they need a VIN to get the deal done and the dealer still doesn't have a VIN for it yet from Harley.  This concerns me a bit....

Just ordered V&H dresser duals, V&H monster rounds and Wild 1 575's.  I am assuming that I should break the bike in (I'll use the manufacturer's recommended method) before I put on the new exhuast?

Also, for those that have these 575 bars, about how many hours of labor am I looking at if the dealer does it?

Thanks

Luckymesscun

• Junior CVO Member

I would check with dealer/salesman because their initial dates when you order are just estimates. My salesman actually called me and gave me the VIN when the actual builders had a frame sitting in front of them and keyed it into computer. It was still another 2 weeks after getting VIN that bike arrived for pickup. Don't want to dash your hopes because I know how you feel. (excited!!)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom

I saw a local dealer was allowing 5 hrs at 88.00 per hr.   Be nice if you could do it yourself.  :nixweiss:

Cyclegirl

• Loven Life on the Road
  • Full CVO Member
    • NM

• CVO1: 2015 Road Glide Special
    • Cycle adventures

Congrats on the new bike! Need pictures when it arrives
- Renay

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana

Might need a tuner too. If i had it to do over i wouldnt do any engine mods for the first year or so or maybe 10k miles until the 110 has proven itself. Hd will use any mods that you do as an excuse to get out of performing any warranty work. When the time comes cams etc will bring it to life! The fulsac set up is nice in that it eliminates the cat and uses stock shields and muffs. With my bike im liking the 1.75 baffles because they are not to loud. Do some mods like seat,tour pak,bars etc. Still havent seen the black in person but im sure it will be beautiful!!
Vg

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member

the dealer already knows the vin, if thay say thay dont, there lying!!!!
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

the dealer already knows the vin, if thay say thay dont, there lying!!!!

:2vrolijk_21:  The dealer gets updates from Harley all the time on pending orders and shipments, so if the bike is in the build queue then they already have the VIN that's been assigned to the bike.  If they don't, they can easily get it.  If they don't know this, whoever you are dealing with is an idiot; talk to his boss.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

savagegxc

• CVO1: 2012 SESG (Black diamond/slate)

Axil,

I was starting to wonder about whether or not they have the VIN yet myself.  Trying to figure out why they would hold out if they did.  My best guess would be they are hoping if they wait to the last minute, I won't want to go out and get my own financing....wrong.  Already got that part lined up.

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust

With the 575 bars they don't need to do any extension of the wires so 5 hours seems about right. If you haven't done it before I wouldn't try it. My dealer knew my VIN weeks before the bike arrived.

Fxr4Rider

• More to come
  • Full CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, it's the journey.
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 Yellow
    • CVO2: 2012 Flhxse3- Build Date 01/12
    • CVO3: 1985 FLT (SOLD)

:pepper:  The black one is the fastest.  :pepper:
The changing of parts is always a hot topic. "Should I or should'nt I?" Change the parts and warrenty issues can become hot issues if your dealer wants to hold you to ransom if something goes wrong. With that said, the dealer has to prove the mods caused the problem. It a gamble!!

As for me, I replaced my exhaust on my Black Beauty when she had 5 miles on it. Fulsac with 2" cores (sure is sweet)
At 100 miles i had the fairing off installing HID's and drilling into the fairing to install my zumo, along with altering the wiring harness to make NIM work.

Currently have 3100 miles on it and it is a fun rocking machine! Kinda bummed that i have a recall on the regulator and it cant get replaced until i get back from my 2000 mile road trip next week.

I will recommend that if you dont have someone reputable to tune it after the ehaust mods, get a dealer to do it.

Just my 2c

you are going to be pleased with the bike, BUT IT IS A BITCH WITH IT BEING SHINY BLACK AND TRYING TO KEEP CLEAN!
Fullsac w/ 2" cores
Zumo 665
LED Spots with Led Trim Rings
HID Headlight
Red LED under glow street kit
Kury Curved Lic plate
Ultimate seat with backrest
FUN AS HELL TO RIDE!!
King Matched Tour Pak
Ultimate Seat
LRS Windscreen
More Chrome
Andrews 54's
.30 head gaskets
Chubby's and Heated Grips!

Texas Fat Boy

• 1K CVO Member

Don't start doing paperwork until the bike comes in. If you're cleared for your Credit Union already, all will be fine.

My dealer and most dealers charge at least 8 hours labor for internally wired bars.
You may also need a longer clutch cable, I did when I put those WO575s on my last two bikes.
So you may want to ride it a little before you have to leave in the shop for a while. (sounds like you can't wait, lol)

I changed my headers to True Duels and rode it a little while, then had my dealer tune it with a dyno and the SEST. It never gained anymore power with the tune but it was running way off with the air mixture since I got rid of the cat. So for peace of mind it was worth it.
I'm changing my mufflers next week so I will have to have it retuned for the more open mufflers too I guess. He said those stock mufflers are pretty restrictive.

I've had a Vivid Black bike and it was a constant bitch to keep shiny, but this Black Ice and Dark Slate isn't to bad at all.
No swirl marks like with Vivid Black.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:37:07 PM by Texas Fat Boy »

Speed

New member here and about to take ownership of a 2012 CVO Street Glide, Dark Slate/Black Diamond.  I immediately want to change out pipes and headers - leaning toward D&D Fat Cat 2:1 with ghost pipe but would like feedback from those who have had D&D.  Also a few minor upgrades like King Tour Pak, hwy pegs and relocating the radio antenna under the front fairing.  My dilemma is this:  I want to install windshield bags and also want to swap out the stock windshield for a ClockWorks.  I also want to add the Garmin 660 or 665 (XM capability) but not sure which of the three mounting choices is best - fairing with pad, fairing without pad, or handlebar.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  I have been told the windshield bags won't fit with when using the ClockWorks.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom

I went with a windvest 9" with the recurve.  You can use any pouch with this. The windshield is the beat I have tried.  And I have tried a bunch. I have the hd twin pouch sitting on the fairing and works great. If you  want that one,  you will have to call around.   It's been discontinued    I happen to like that one.  I found one in alabama a few weeks ago.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:42:01 PM by cvostu »

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs

Wow... lots of questions here. Some of them are probably discussed in my mods thread... http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=66236.0

I run the Long Rider 7" shield on Buster, and I like it. The three-bag H-D windshield bags fit perfectly. I have a detachable Tour Pak, the H-D Long-Angled Highway Peg Mounts, and the RoadTech 665 GPS mounted on the fairing mount (with the left windshield bag removed). I frankly wouldn't recommend the handlebar mount because the fairing mount is MUCH cleaner, with no wires visible at all, and it's up on the fairing out of your way. They also make a 660/665 mount for the dashboard pad like on the CVO Ultras. I also have an adapter on the mount that enables me to swivel the 665 for the best viewing angle, and the adapter moves it about 1 1/2" closer.

I have the NIM also for the XM part, and for the 665 to interrupt the audio to give turn directions (FLHXSE2/3 installation details in legalley's excellent thread http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=66425.0], now buried on page 16 of the Electronic Toys and Gadgets section. Follow them precisely and you'll do fine.), as well as a Tune Trapper antenna inside the fairing. I had the powered Boom! Audio H-D hidden antenna initially - but replaced it with the Tune Trapper unpowered antenna... couldn't really tell much of a difference for FM reception though.

You can also install a rear aux port connection on your H-K radio, so you don't have to run the aux connector wire around the front of the radio to get the XM radio output through the audio system. You have to have the radio set to Aux, and the 665 output routed to both the NIM and to the radio's Aux port via a splitter - to get the XM radio on your audio system. I can't remember whether the splitter came with the RoadTech or not... but I think it did... it's been quite awhile since I installed it... back in Dec I believe. Lots of  :drink: consumed since then! 

I run a Dragos Bike Works S/C/S-4 2-1 pipe... but the Fat Cat is also very popular. The Fat Cat is quite LOUD. My pipe is loud when I get on it - but not as loud at idle and lower RPMs as the Fat Cat. PASN YU runs the Fat Cat on his 2012 SESG.

If you have any other questions... ASK AWAY! That's what this forum is for.  :2vrolijk_21:

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Speed

Ok, finally took ownership of my Dark Slate - Black Diamond 2012 SESG on Tuesday, July 3rd.  She's sitting in my garage with a whopping 44 miles on her.  The bike arrived at the dealership with a minor scratch in the rear fender behind the license plate; a dimple in the chrome center console and an imperfection on the inner edge of the outter fairing behind the right mirror.  All three items are on order and I await their arrival.  Somewhat disappointed to say the least, but, the bright side is it's sitting in my garage.

The only option I had the dealer install immediately was the 4-point docking hardware.  Unfortunately, now all my detachables (both backrests and both luggage racks) don't snap on easily.  It looks as though the docking hardware is about 1/16 to wide so it takes some giggling to get the detachables to snap into place.  This is unacceptable by my standards so I'm alerting the dealership.  Has anyone else experienced the same with the 4-point docking hardware?

Ride Safe!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 25 queries.