Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Which HK stereo on which bike? (2011 ans 12 models)  (Read 493 times)

stybond

Which HK stereo on which bike? (2011 ans 12 models)
« on: June 24, 2012, 10:32:12 PM »

Hi again guys and girls. My mate and I have a plan to celebrate being 50 by riding a 2012 CVO Ultra (that I will buy) and 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra (his choice) across the USA and return them home to Australia in June next year. We figure the right thing to do is have all the mods done to the bikes while we are in the USA so we can enjoy the improvements on the ride, but at the moment the audio planning is a bit like wrestling with a jelly fish.

After a couple of Road Kings I am up to speed with intake, exhaust, tuner and cam mods (on the 88 and 96ci engines), but as far as audio goes, I feel I am lacking enough information to really wrap my mind around what NEEDS to be changed and what it would be nice to change. All I know is I will make the Tour Pak detachable so I can easily do that once I am home. (Hmm call me greedy, I want two bikes in one)

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a easy to find list of the audio systems and components supplied by the factory on the 2011 and 12 CVO's? What audio mods will best suit the bike at times when the Tour Pak has been removed? Should I the sound system as suggested for the Street Glide or Road Glide and forget the rear speakers? Why can't I run the rear speakers from the Harley amp under the Tour Pak? (Told you I was greedy)

In the end we will most likely do the same mods to both bikes, why invent the wheel twice.

Thanks in advance.

Stu
Perth West Australia

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 20 queries.