Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mainly for my Canadain Brothers, Emergency Care cross the border.  (Read 416 times)

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member

Hi Guys just thought I would pass along some tips if you ever have to use your travel insurance.

1. If you are travelling with a spouce and she works and has her OWN travel plan be AWARE of that.
2. If she gets sick and you need to use an insurance policy START with hers and make sure you call them as soon as you can to get things going. They may want to be a part of the desicion on what happens eg. treat her there or make arangements to get her back home. (MAKE SURE YOU CALL HERS FIRST)
3. If you also have a plan and have her on it call them and let them know as well. If they don't need anything they will tell you.
4. Make sure you have all your phone numbers and next of kin somewhere all together and easy to get at. Include ALL meds and the names and dosage, Family Dr. name address and phone number as well. Oh ya and have all your own medical no.s handy.
5. If you are travelling with a group tell a close friend where they can find it in an Emergency keep it all in a sealed envelope and KNOW where it is.

My wife and I just finished a what was to be a overnight stay in North Dakota which turned into the ride from HE.........

Ride safe my friends and be safe smart and prepared. YA JUST NEVER KNOW...............

Bub
bend it, chop it, cut it, bang it, weld it and paint it to match........

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: Mainly for my Canadain Brothers, Emergency Care cross the border.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 12:33:07 PM »

Thanks Bub, I'm always in the States as I am 5 minutes from the border. We always have extra travel insurance for the year on top of what I have in place through work, I'll have to go through what I have just in case as we're off to the 2012 GTG for a week, I pray nothing happens each time. Hope all is well with you, sounds like you are speaking from experience. :nervous:
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 24 queries.