Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour Pak question. I want it to be one up and two up...  (Read 5279 times)

savagegxc

• CVO1: 2012 SESG (Black diamond/slate)
Tour Pak question. I want it to be one up and two up...
« on: July 12, 2012, 03:45:55 PM »

About to order a bunch of stuff for my 2012 SESG Black Diamone/Slate.  One of them is the tour pak.  Is there a bracket out (I saw one that was $1,300 but that is a ton of cash for just a bracket) that allows you to put the tour pak in one up or two up mode without having to buy two brackets and remove the brackets each time you want to make the change.  Dealer showed me one Kury makes and I thought it was about $300.  It slides forward and backwards.  Anyone else using something else or know of another product that allows this to happen?

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
Re: Tour Pak question. I want it to be one up and two up...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 04:24:59 PM »

You could buy the chopped tour pak for your solo rides and get the king tour pak for the trips w bsr

Fxr4Rider

• More to come
  • Full CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, it's the journey.
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 Yellow
    • CVO2: 2012 Flhxse3- Build Date 01/12
    • CVO3: 1985 FLT (SOLD)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 04:37:36 PM »

What a great idea.  :pepper:

DAMN!! THERE GOES ANOTHER THOUSAND BUCKS! :soapbox:
Fullsac w/ 2" cores
Zumo 665
LED Spots with Led Trim Rings
HID Headlight
Red LED under glow street kit
Kury Curved Lic plate
Ultimate seat with backrest
FUN AS HELL TO RIDE!!
King Matched Tour Pak
Ultimate Seat
LRS Windscreen
More Chrome
Andrews 54's
.30 head gaskets
Chubby's and Heated Grips!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 04:56:48 PM »

No such animal that I know of.  Even if somebody made one, with it sliding twelve-fourteen inches, I wouldn't think it'd be to sturdy with a load in it and on top of the luggage rack when touring long distance.  JMHO.

I switch back and forth between the two mounts and it is a PITA but I don't switch that often......and even less lately.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 08:20:53 PM »

I have both and made the bolts from the bottom,  stay in each rack so all I have to do is open the the lid and remove 4 nuts and set pack over on other rack and put 4 nuts back on and good to go .. But I am lookin for a razor ifn anyone got one that needs haulin off .. LOL .. ALSO .. I have two different wall racks that store the two racks at the same time .. easy enuf , as metal work is what I do ..  :2vrolijk_21:

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 08:26:49 PM »

:worthless: of the rack for two
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

skypilot_one

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 02:50:18 PM »

Something like this?

lvngd

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 03:31:36 PM »

Thats pretty slick!
The road less traveled must be ridden!

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 03:41:19 PM »

Something like this?

$1,350 seems like a lot.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 04:52:51 PM »

$1,350 seems like a lot.
WTF are they really charging that much??? For that I could pick up another pak and the proper mount! Looked it up it is because of that crappy seat you gotta buy with it too!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

gtaboyz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Diamond Black Inferno Orange SESG

• CVO1: '04 SEEG Orange / Black
    • CVO2: '10 SESG Tequilla Sunrise
    • CVO3: '11 SESG Diamond Black / Inferno Orange
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 04:58:31 PM »

I had only known of the kuryackyn bracket until skypilot posted the utube link on the legend bracket fron J&P Cycles, that was pretty slick!! It may sound like a lot but if you have a CVO, by the time you order a second TP, another bracket, liners, inserts, wiring for extra toys etc., you are gonna spend way more than that, IMHO!!
So Far....120.5HP/120.5TQ....Screamin' Eagle Pro110 Upgrade, 10.5:1 High Compression Pistons, SE-259E Cams, Baisley Adjustable Pushrods, Baisley Heads, SE 58mm Throttle Body, SE High Flow Injectors, High Performance Clutch Spring, SE Pro Super Tuner, SE Heavy Breather, D&D Fat Cat 2:1 Exhaust w/ Left Side Falsie, Chrome Inner Primary, Chrome 1.4KW Starter, HD Saddle Bag Lid Speakers w/ Rear Amp, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak, Custom Alligator Seat, Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna, Zumo 665, +++

skypilot_one

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 06:06:32 PM »

I've been thinking about this setup. There has to be a better way that won't require a new seat. The system can't slide as you have to clear the seat. It needs to hinge up, over and down like a convertible roof. It must be simple and strong. Four parallel links two on each side, large diameter pivots for stability, and telescoping square or rectangular tubing. Pull pin locks and adjustable stops so it won't hit the passenger pillion and can be adjusted in both the driver and passenger locations. If I have time this weekend I'll make a little mock up.

gtaboyz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Diamond Black Inferno Orange SESG

• CVO1: '04 SEEG Orange / Black
    • CVO2: '10 SESG Tequilla Sunrise
    • CVO3: '11 SESG Diamond Black / Inferno Orange
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 12:17:26 AM »

Keep us posted on how you make out with the mockup, some of the best ideas come from the folks that are determined to find a better and less expensive way, Thanks!
So Far....120.5HP/120.5TQ....Screamin' Eagle Pro110 Upgrade, 10.5:1 High Compression Pistons, SE-259E Cams, Baisley Adjustable Pushrods, Baisley Heads, SE 58mm Throttle Body, SE High Flow Injectors, High Performance Clutch Spring, SE Pro Super Tuner, SE Heavy Breather, D&D Fat Cat 2:1 Exhaust w/ Left Side Falsie, Chrome Inner Primary, Chrome 1.4KW Starter, HD Saddle Bag Lid Speakers w/ Rear Amp, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak, Custom Alligator Seat, Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna, Zumo 665, +++

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 20 queries.