Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Three Flags anyone?  (Read 545 times)

igofar

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA #27368
Three Flags anyone?
« on: August 14, 2006, 11:39:45 PM »

Hey everyone, how about it? Anyone done a Three Flags or two?
I am going this year and just looking for some first hand stories about the trip.
The miles I am not worried about, the schedule should be no problem. Mexico, hmmm, been there many times but going through airports is nothing like crossing on a bike. I was told I can get vehicle insurance where I cross. I will need a tourist card. Can I get that at time of crossing too? I just read about something called a vehicle permit? What is that about?

I will take about a week to get to Tijuana and Penticton is only a days ride away from home. This will be a fairly quick trip. (just the kind I like) I am not much for flower sniffin' along the way and scenery looks just fine a 85mph!!

I am thinking about a route down there along the coast. Any tips or places I do not need to see? The only plan I have so far is to hit Hell's Canyon on the way down. The rest of the trip is wide open so far.

Thanks,

Brad

SPIDERMAN

Re: Three Flags anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 11:57:25 PM »

Yeah, I did it last year, but it's kinda cheap for me since I live 40 miles from the Mexican border. Anyway,I rode down to TJ the day before I left for Laconia and then we rode into Canada after Laconia. Like I said, I did it but I wouldn't brag about it.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
Re: Three Flags anyone?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 03:19:39 PM »

I rode three flags last year, the route was hwy 5, from TJ straight up to Bellingham, Washington. stopped every 150 miles (gas), did it in 24 hrs. was a great trip...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 03:23:12 PM by 110 Mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 20 queries.