Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wind Shield  (Read 920 times)

Bmsaski@aol.com

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROAD GLIDE
Wind Shield
« on: July 29, 2012, 06:27:47 PM »

Have a 2009 Road Glide the 16" C Bailey produces a considerable amount of wind buffering I order a 16" stock Harley windshield to solve the problem any one have a similar experience with this type of windshield swap? I am 6-3 and have a Mustang Touring Seat

Thanks

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Wind Shield
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:52:20 AM »

had an 09 and probably spent $1,000 trying to stop the same buffeting the only one that gave me any relief was this co. http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/ they made me a shield with side wings it wasn't as pretty as some of the expensive ones but it was great on trips.

dep47

• Full CVO Member
  • What a color
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 05:36:19 PM »

Have used the Clark Half Moon windshield for several years, and have always been satisfied with them.  I have a 10" I use most of the time, but can switch to a 14" in cold weather.  The wider bottom takes the wind off your hands, and reduce some of the wind on the passenger.  The windshields resist scratches and dings much better then the stock shields, and at the price I can have several to match my requirements.

jacks

• Full CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHXSEa my new love from Orlando to Melb.

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Streetglide Spiced Rum
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 07:23:34 AM »

I had the 14" wind vest (lip on top to direct the wind up and over), and as I could not see over it, found it most dangerous, especially at night when raining....it is now retired in my garage forever...I now use an 8" smoked one that i can easily see over, (I am 6 foot 200lb) and have found this most satisfactory as it directs the wind and rain directly over my head....(and I can bloody well see where I'm going :))

I did many trips on my Heritage minus the windscreen and arrived home extremely tired with an aching neck....Windscreens may not be there for looks, and the young blades may look cool....me...I love em..... :P
2010 110 w/ S.E.R.T., High flow exh., 585 SE cam...
Developing 112.8 HP and 128.8 FtLb of torque...
Tuned to perfection...
Love of baiting the "Boy Racers"...

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 24 queries.