Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: incentive to lose weight  (Read 8092 times)

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Re: incentive to lose weight
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2012, 11:41:56 PM »

Well, the contest is finally over, and I WON!!!  We weighed in today wearing the same clothes. I started out at 216.3 lbs. and today I weighted 195.5 for a loss of 20.8 lbs. in 37 days!  My buddy didn't fair so well.  It wasn't even close.  I enjoyed that moment when he handed me a check for $5000. He didn't seem as happy as I was.  Went out tonight and celebrated by eating a steak at Applebee's.  Tomorrow I will continue on with my diet.  Thank you all for your vote of confidence and support over the last month.  Now I'm off to surf the pages of this year's H-D catalog!   ;D
Jesus is Lord

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2012, 08:19:45 AM »

Good for you  :pepper: :apple: :pepper: :apple: :2vrolijk_21:  Congrats on winning the 5K., now keep up the diet and continue to get healthy  :P
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2012, 09:51:12 AM »

Cool Deal!!  :2vrolijk_21: I could stand to lose about 20 or 30 lbs but have no discipline!! What would you suggest to keep from being just miserable!! I'm 56 years old and still pretty much got plenty of get up and go!! I just like good food and BEER!! I've cut out a few things and the wife has me eating some better but weekends just mess things up!! Back to the discipline thing! Congrads again on a great accomplishment!!

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2012, 10:09:22 PM »

I went the high protein low carb route to lose weight. that meant no beer.  :'(  The best advice I have to offer is to stay somewhat hungry.  Also, whatever food you do eat try to eat mostly in the AM.  Small meals every few hours to keep metabolism jump started.  Don't be too hard on yourself and once every 10 days, eat whatever you like, pizza, beer, ice cream, cake, etc.  then jump back on the diet and stay hungry. Don't watch any food channels or restaurant commercials on TV.  Don't let anyone get you down. You would be surprised at how some people will try and temp you to go ahead and eat. Heck, even my wife did me that way some.  I know I had a great incentive to lose weight ( 5000 of them ) but the real payoff is how much better I feel about myself.  If you do screw up and overeat, don't say it's over.  Forgive yourself and stick with it.  I'm motivated now and plan on sticking with it until I get to my target weight of 175 lbs. That's only 20 lbs. from now. My blood pressure is down and my back doesn't hurt like it was with the extra weight on.  Good luck to you on your endeavor and remember you are doing it for YOU! 
Jesus is Lord

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2012, 10:25:48 PM »

Thanks DLaws, I'll work on it.......after this weekend! Open bike rally for 3 days in Hot Springs Arkansas!  :drink:  (There I go again!!) But I like the sound of that plan! 10 days on, 1 day off. I'll give it a shot!!

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2012, 12:39:36 AM »

Great job, man!!!

:znotworthy: :znotworthy: :znotworthy:

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2012, 07:54:07 AM »

Atta Boy... We knew you could do it.....   :2vrolijk_21:

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2012, 09:34:02 AM »

Congratulations Dlaws01!!!!  Way to go!
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

wideglidejoe

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2012, 03:23:12 PM »

Congrats Dlaws!!  Way to go!   I can ID with you!  I'm 6'-1/2", and over a 5 yr period I slowly crept up on 220.  Never did hit it, when I hit 219.3, I said "enough is enough".  I was in decent shape, but I hadn't worked out or done any kind of exercise for over a year, due to a torn rotator cuff.  Battling with insurance, they wanted to try exercise/therapy instead of surgery.  It got to the point I wasn't able to sleep, they finally gave in for surgery in Dec '11.  Best thing I ever did!  In a sling for 8 wks (no riding!!), then in Feb '12 I started exercising and watching what I ate.  By July I was down to 189, and now I'm "hung up" at 190.  I turned 60 in July, it's definitely harder to take it off, the older you get.  I'm still targeting 180, I think the last 10 will be slower/harder to get rid of.  And, once you get it off, it just takes discipline to keep it off.  It all came down to portion size for me, because I don't drink beer, and I gave up soda & caffeine 20 yrs ago.  I did have to give up sweet tea (decaf) and ice cream, but we (wife & I) reward ourselves with no fat/low fat soft serve yogurt about once a week.

Hang in there, it is all in your attitude and lifestyle!

Take care,
Joe
2011 FLHTCUSE6 Blue
2005 Wide Glide
1962 Mustang Bronco Scooter
1972 Indian (Italjet 50cc) minibike
1965 AC Cobra replica
1955 Chevy Bel Air
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 25 queries.