Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Wobbley Ride to Sturgis  (Read 4577 times)

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
Re: Wobbley Ride to Sturgis
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 09:38:21 AM »

Hmmm....same size tires as the originals, and rode them about 500 miles without a problem.  I'll have my mechanic check the head bearing and rear mounts.

I don't think I was too loaded down, heavy, but not more than 30 lbs. certainly not as much as if I had a passenger on the back!  If the rear bracket doesn't do anything for the 2009 + bikes, then why would they make them :confused5:

Cause people will buy them?
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
Re: Wobbley Ride to Sturgis
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 09:56:01 AM »

There is something to be said for the tire change as well. My Avon Cobra front vs/ Dunlop stock rear tire. I think I feel something, it isn't as confidence inspiring as  before the front wheel/tire change made at Sturgis, but it isn't something big enough to make me change lines or slow. I am still trying to put my finger on it. Plan is a new rear wheel and tire and lowering the front forks while putting cartridges in there. Getting the bike in the proper attitude is probably as important in this as the tire mismatch...?? 
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 20 queries.