Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stand for convertible  (Read 4760 times)

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
Stand for convertible
« on: August 17, 2012, 04:26:18 PM »

What's a good stand for my convertible for storing over the winter?

Thanks

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: Stand for convertible
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 05:55:35 PM »

I believe they are making a "fold-up" stand that bolts to the bottom of the frame.  I have seen it on a late-model Heritage but not sure if it would fit the fat-boy frame.  May be too narrow. Or, just the kick stand is pretty secure unless you get carried away and try to turn the wheel to the right when storing it.   (btw, do you have a 1992 Nissan Convertible??)  Pork.

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »

i bought my stand from harbor freight    use it all the time for storage and detailing  bike ... makes much easier to clean and wax lower part of bike ....  and you will be amaze in how many beer bottles  it holds while  cleaning
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

ejvette

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 08:07:31 AM »

J & S Jack Stand its expensive but so is your CVO don't trust that cheap crap from sears  :soapbox:

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.(W. Churchill)

12 CVO Convertible Satin Pewter
09 Deluxe Vivid Black-Sold

1998 Corvette 500HP
1970 Chevelle SS454 M22 Rock Crusher

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 09:02:48 AM »

If you decide to use a hydraulic motorcycle jack for storage, make absolutely certain you have secure mechanical locks/stops on the jack.  Do not rely on just the hydraulic jack itself to keep the bike elevated, or you are quite likely to one day find your expensive bike lying on it's side on the garage floor.  The typical bottle jack used on the various motorcycle lifts/jacks is not meant to be used for long term support of a vehicle.

Personally, I prefer a center stand mounted to the bike.  However, I don't know if anyone is actually making one for the Convertible.  Harley supposedly sells one to fit '08 and later Softails, but you would need to verify it will actually work with your particular bike.  Part Number 98959-08.

Jerry
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:09:34 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 11:51:24 AM »

sorry i miss read post mine is a bike lift  not a stand  :oops:
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

ejvette

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 12:17:21 PM »

If you decide to use a hydraulic motorcycle jack for storage, make absolutely certain you have secure mechanical locks/stops on the jack.  Do not rely on just the hydraulic jack itself to keep the bike elevated, or you are quite likely to one day find your expensive bike lying on it's side on the garage floor.  The typical bottle jack used on the various motorcycle lifts/jacks is not meant to be used for long term support of a vehicle.

Personally, I prefer a center stand mounted to the bike.  However, I don't know if anyone is actually making one for the Convertible.  Harley supposedly sells one to fit '08 and later Softails, but you would need to verify it will actually work with your particular bike.  Part Number 98959-08.

Jerry

yep the J & S has lever locks so you can back off the hydraulic and its on rollers you can wheel your bike into a corner of the garage
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 12:19:40 PM by ejvette »

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.(W. Churchill)

12 CVO Convertible Satin Pewter
09 Deluxe Vivid Black-Sold

1998 Corvette 500HP
1970 Chevelle SS454 M22 Rock Crusher

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 06:38:59 PM »

http://www.jsjacks.com/index.php/products/motorcycle-lift/item/big-wheel-motorcycle-lift.html

I use J & S also, it's a great jack. My bike goes on it almost everytime it hits the garage with no problems.
I am making an adapter to add swivel wheels to the non-swivel end so it can easily be moved diagonally and up against the wall when room is tight.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

2010Convertable

• I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 07:34:45 PM »

Personally, I prefer a center stand mounted to the bike.  However, I don't know if anyone is actually making one for the Convertible.  Harley supposedly sells one to fit '08 and later Softails, but you would need to verify it will actually work with your particular bike.  Part Number 98959-08.

Jerry

The above part number will fit on the 2010 thru 2012 Convertables. I have one on my 2010 CVO Convertable
There's more to me than just a handsome face...
I poured root beer into a square cup. Now I just have beer.
I have a 2010 Softail CVO Convertible and a
2013 Red Switchback

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 20 queries.