Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Replacing Crankshaft Bushing in cam plate??  (Read 14739 times)

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
Re: Replacing Crankshaft Bushing in cam plate??
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2012, 05:36:25 PM »

I certainly appreciate the advice from all of the experts.  That's why I post on here---to get some good advice. Thanks to everyone!
Steve

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 10:57:09 PM »

Dewey,

The issue isnt the help, its the constant banging for business, we do this we do that we have done it a million times, we do that too.    On top of that is the prophetic way you try to gain the business, sad part is more than enough times your wrong, I grew tired of pointing them out.   Who knows maybe just maybe if you went back to answering the questions and giving the advice without trying to sell yourself so damn hard that the business would just naturally come your way.   You want to bang for business go to the vendor section and have at it, your prices and the jobs you do, doubt most want to see this constantly across the threads, the help sure everyone can use the opinions/options, but the we can do it, i seriously doubt it, it is pretty old at this point.

The proof of knowledge is in the correct replies not the how many times you have done it or how many threads you attach yourself to for opportunistic work.   
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2012, 12:50:56 AM »

Apparently we have an obnoxious offense..
Vendor Bashing

Give it a rest and try not to hijack the threads with your own agenda.

The original poster is on his way and helped, the goal and I'm happy for that so is he. The OP thanked all that helped, another good thing he appreciates the help, so no harm no foul and we can resume our regular programming now.

Good thing about the Internet is you can always change channels if you don't like the content.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 12:57:02 AM by Deweysheads »

prodrag1320

• AMRA & AHDRA P/D record holder
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2012, 07:26:21 AM »

i agree 100%

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2012, 02:53:04 PM »

i prefer this forum VENDER FREE - whereby the MEMBERS help one another..   If a member has a suggestion for a VENDOR,, that's cool,, but i think it's pathotic to watch a bunch of Trolling clowns trying to win over some business that started out as a simple question for HELP.   Like most here, i do all my own work on my Harley's, all of it!! except when i need some machine work or help. Some of the things i see the Trollers throw out is complete BS.. Im not against all the Vendors but i LMAO at the ones i clasify as the BIG THREE   :huepfenjump3:  fighting for the last word   :o
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 03:02:48 PM by cvobiker »

prodrag1320

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2012, 04:55:38 PM »

i prefer to win the lottery,buts most likley not going to happen either.cant speak for everyone,but ALOT of forum members contact me for machine work.I try to answer questions & most the time,send guys to qualified machine shops closer in their area,wheres the problem with that?

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2012, 06:33:59 PM »

i prefer to win the lottery,buts most likley not going to happen either.cant speak for everyone,but ALOT of forum members contact me for machine work.I try to answer questions & most the time,send guys to qualified machine shops closer in their area,wheres the problem with that?

Kirby, I don't know what's wrong with some of the complainers on here but I like it that vendors are on here and giving advice and I imagine many other forum members appreciate it too.
Steve

prodrag1320

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 08:09:20 PM »

i dont get it either,i do know i get ALOT of PM`s & calls from guys wanting work done or just to ask about builds,dont mind either one!

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 08:27:23 AM »

We take time away from our work here, to field a TON of incoming questions, daily, that in no way we get paid for.
Happy to try and point folks in a direction that will aid them.
Same on this message board.
Once that time is gone, from the work day/week/month, it is gone.
Mucho misconception as to what goes on behind the keyboard.....................
Scott

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 08:34:32 AM »

You've got another more thorough, albeit considerably more expensive, option to consider.  Especially if you're going to the expense of splitting the cases following a bad crank anyway.

The most important weakness on the older style cam plates was the cam tensioners.  HD offers part number 25284-11.  This is a new cam plate (complete) and a new oil pump.  The pump provides better pressure and scavenging than the original and the plate uses the newer style cam tensioners.  From one of the 20% discounting sellers the kit is $420-ish.  But it's a worthwhile consideration.

That is the way I went Don with my 03 SERK. No problems at all and I never ride wondering when those OEM CAm tensioners are going to fail.

DR
Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' EagleĀ® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2012, 05:05:34 PM »

We take time away from our work here, to field a TON of incoming questions, daily, that in no way we get paid for.
Happy to try and point folks in a direction that will aid them.
Same on this message board.
Once that time is gone, from the work day/week/month, it is gone.
Mucho misconception as to what goes on behind the keyboard.....................
Scott

wow, the feeling of entitlement, this site was originally about the bikes, sharing information and helping others which morphed into a many friends and a common love for riding and all things harley.   This takes it to a new level of entitlement.    So you answers questions that was what the forum was here for, not the purpose of because you answer the questions and help people that you are entitled to chase them for money, you know we do this we do that, sending of PM's to prey on them cause your a business.   So now everyone can all see its not about being your buddy, its not about making or helping you make the right choices for you, in the end its about them making money and bold enough to say it.    This is exactly what many of us hoped the site would never come down to, and who knows maybe the moderators will change that. 

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2012, 08:59:38 AM »

i prefer this forum VENDER FREE - whereby the MEMBERS help one another..   If a member has a suggestion for a VENDOR,, that's cool,, but i think it's pathotic to watch a bunch of Trolling clowns trying to win over some business that started out as a simple question for HELP.   Like most here, i do all my own work on my Harley's, all of it!! except when i need some machine work or help. Some of the things i see the Trollers throw out is complete BS.. Im not against all the Vendors but i LMAO at the ones i clasify as the BIG THREE   :huepfenjump3:  fighting for the last word   :o

uhh... spell check?
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2012, 09:07:19 AM »

For those of you bitching about vendor participation (cvobiker, unbalanced.. etc) just block the offending (to you) user and you will no longer see their replies. 

If you need assistance with this process.... ask a mod.

I, for one, appreciate Dewey, Kirby's and other's input... these guys do it everyday and have more experience doing it than most others.

Mal
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2012, 09:15:22 AM »

For those of you bitching about vendor participation (cvobiker, unbalanced.. etc) just block the offending (to you) user and you will no longer see their replies. 

I, for one, appreciate Dewey, Kirby's and other's input... these guys do it everyday and have more experience doing it than most others.

Mal

Huh... on second look... seems like you cannot "ignore" users on this board. 

Ah well... flame on.

2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2012, 09:20:31 AM »

Mal

I agree.  I think they provide a valuable service to all of us.  This is a free country, if you don't want to read something certain people write------Don't Read It!!!   I like hearing from the "experts"----at least I'm sure they know quite a bit more than I do.
Steve
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.