Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need Advice  (Read 820 times)

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
Need Advice
« on: August 30, 2012, 02:36:37 PM »

Just installed suddlebags speakers on FLHXSE2, refer to HD the Herman/kardon needs software upgrade to apply the fade which controls the rear speakers volume.

The problem is after all that cost plus 500 usd shipping, when I went to the dealer (we have only one dealer in Bahrain) for software upgrade  the monkey's at the dealer don't know what I'm talking about ( someone give me gun please ).

The question: is there any way to perform this task without Referring to the dealer, can I purchase any tool for this job?

A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

Bowman1836

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 cvo street glide
Re: Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »

Wow 500 for shipping. Dang I would of went aftermarket on that sh** save yourself money and get a better system. But now that you already went with mother Harley. I would contact them to see if you can purchase it strait from them and skip the middle man. Best of luck

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 03:24:43 PM »

I assume a real franchised dealer would have to have the Harley Digital Technician computer system or they wouldn't be able to do much when servicing and setting up bikes.  So the odds are they already have the hardware necessary, they just don't have the knowledge to use it.  See if you can contact the actual distributor for that part of the world and get them involved to help this dealer learn how to perform the audio system update.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 07:07:11 PM »

Unfortunately they are the distributors in Arabian gulf, I already ask them to contact US for help, after 2 weeks they said that they don't have the link to perform this job!!

A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.