Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: An E-mail Well Worth Reading!  (Read 3626 times)

sponserv

• Full CVO Member
Re: An E-mail Well Worth Reading!
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 06:33:11 PM »

After the World Trade Center was bombed in 1993 alot of people felt like our government was doing a lot better job keeping us safe....right up until September 11, 2001.

The 9/11 commission found out that those in public safety that had knowledge about an impending plot to fly planes into buildings were not communicating with each other. Something about egos getting in the way or something.

I am not saying stuff this as a liberal or a democrat or peacenik or whatever.

All I am looking for is some responsible leadership in the country I love. Not blindly sending our kids half a world away to a war when we had no idea what the hell we were doing is flat irresponsible.

The cowboy mentality of us going and blowing the crap out of a country before we try to figure out what the consequences are going to be afterwards is crazy. And disbanding an Iraqui army just to start over again? Whose brilliant idea was that?

I support our troops. The policy just plain sucks.

I would have a lot more respect for the administration if they just came out and said to the American people "Look, we screwed up. BUt here is how we are going to fix it."

What is the first thing you teach a child.....be honest....everyone makes mistakes.....admit them quickly and move on.

Why is that so hard to understand?
02 FLHRSEI Purple
88 Signature Edition Carrera
07 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
04 4 Slide Holiday Rambler Navigator
04 Black 1500 4wd Silverado
02 Grady White Gulfstream 232
Lots o' toys but no time to play

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 06:35:01 PM »

I am not quite sure why folks think the Islamic extremists are not here in full force fighting the jihad. They are here. In the cities and in rural America. They are being arrested and charged on a regular basis. So like the war on drugs.....we bust few and the drugs keep coming. Saying that we fight them over there so we don't fight them here is ludicrous.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 06:44:16 PM by DCFIREMANN »
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

sponserv

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 06:45:39 PM »

P.S. That the first time I ever heard 9/11 blamed on NAFTA. Whatever.

I do agree with you on the playing of the planes into the towers every night on the news. You know what else I want to see every night on the news? Pictures of the real war where our American children are being decapitated and maimed by roadside bombs set by the cowards. How long do you think the people of America would put up with that? Not long.

I grew up watching these images come back from Vietnam.

You know why we don't see that on the news? Because our government won't allow it. They learned that lesson in Vietnam.

I am not writing this to piss all you guys off. I am writing it because I am pissed off.

After Vietnam I vowed never to let us get into a qugmire again. I have no power to shape policy but I have the right to and will share my opinion on its failures.
02 FLHRSEI Purple

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 06:57:08 PM »

P.S. [highlight]That the first time I ever heard 9/11 blamed on NAFTA. Whatever.[/highlight]

I do agree with you on the playing of the planes into the towers every night on the news. You know what else I want to see every night on the news? Pictures of the real war where our American children are being decapitated and maimed by roadside bombs set by the cowards. How long do you think the people of America would put up with that? Not long.

I grew up watching these images come back from Vietnam.

You know why we don't see that on the news? Because our government won't allow it. They learned that lesson in Vietnam.

I am not writing this to piss all you guys off. I am writing it because I am pissed off.

After Vietnam I vowed never to let us get into a qugmire again. I have no power to shape policy but I have the right to and will share my opinion on its failures.

That really loosened up our borders. The agreement was the instrument that caused part of our problems.

Really you are not pissing me off. You as an American have every right to voice your opinion and I respect you for it. That does that I have to agree with you.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 06:59:28 PM by DCFIREMANN »
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

sponserv

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 06:58:05 PM »

Thanks Dawg.....I am really not trying to stir chit here. Its just frustrating and the reality of it all just makes me want to sit in a corner with my head in my hands.

If we don't find out how to chill these crazy bastards out it is a war we will never win.

I agree with you 100% on the WMD's being over there. (Although not necessarily in Saddams hands first.) When the soviet union collapsed there were a lot of out of work nuclear physicists vacationing in Syria. Al expenses paid if you get my drift.

They have them and they are doing everything they can to get them over here. We will not be able to stop that from happening.

It seems the only way out is to figure out how to get these people to talk to us. I know what most people say. They are not capable of rational thought and martyrdom is their goal and 72 virgins, etc. But I just don't see any other way.

Please note: My doomsday mentality does not run my life. As a matter of fact, I just keep on keeping on. The CUSE helps to clear the head when I get too wacky.
02 FLHRSEI Purple

sponserv

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 07:01:55 PM »

By the way, most of the 9/11 terrorists were here on student visas then disappeared into the fabric of America. They came to go to aviation schools among other things.
02 FLHRSEI Purple

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 07:04:26 PM »

Thanks Dawg.....I am really not trying to stir chit here. Its just frustrating and the reality of it all just makes me want to sit in a corner with my head in my hands.

If we don't find out how to chill these crazy bastards out it is a war we will never win.

I agree with you 100% on the WMD's being over there. (Although not necessarily in Saddams hands first.) When the soviet union collapsed there were a lot of out of work nuclear physicists vacationing in Syria. Al expenses paid if you get my drift.

They have them and they are doing everything they can to get them over here. We will not be able to stop that from happening.

It seems the only way out is to figure out how to get these people to talk to us. I know what most people say. They are not capable of rational thought and martyrdom is their goal and 72 virgins, etc. But I just don't see any other way.

Please note: My doomsday mentality does not run my life. As a matter of fact, I just keep on keeping on. The CUSE helps to clear the head when I get too wacky.

Yes that whole region in this world is very frustrating. All over Religion! Go figure!

It good therapy to keep on keeping on!!!!! ON A CUSE!!!!!!!! What a way to go!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2006, 08:07:30 PM »

No offense to anyone nor should anyone take offense at anything said, lets have a civil discussion about this. A few tidbits I can add, as a Gulfwar I Vet, We went into Iraq LEGALLY based on the violation of the UN surrender aggreement Saddam signed that kept us from destroying him back in 91. So, this Illegal war stuff is BS. Saddam probably was bluffing us in 2001, but we gave him every chance to stand down, months and months of diplomacy back and forth. Iraq was not directly involved in 9/11. Illegal Immigrants were. Yes Clinton signed NAFTA but the Bush administration right now is pushing to open the border to Mexican truckers to come and go throughout the country, it is part of NAFTA but til now has been delayed by the DOT but get ready this could happen in the next 90 days. This is insane as Mexico has no centralized background info system or CDL system  - hell I just watched a title fight on HBO a few weeks ago and they couldn't confirm one fighters record because there were several Jose Ceasers or whatever and no way to prove who was who, think of that as you get passed by an 80,000lb rig! For my CDL with Hazmat endorsement I have to have a clean driving record, a medical certification, and an FBI Background check - (Not to mention the standards my rig must meet). Yet due to the Open border movement Jose could just cruise down the road in an unsafe rig in the name of Political correctness. Now I have nothing against Mexicans, and am no racist, they just Have to play by the same rules for all of us to be safe out here. We have an open crossing aggreement with Canada but they play by the same rules as us in this regard. Yes we are safer than we were before 9/11 but there is a long way to go. Terrorist Profiling is a must, we have to stop feeling guilty about having it better in our world than them and just admit that for whatever the reasons Arab Muslims want to cowardly kill us via terrorism, so we must stop being the brave Politically Correct peoples and get down to business, and yes that means we may listen in to phone calls between an Arab in Dearborn Michigan and Islamabad, Pakastan - Tough. If American Arabs dont like it, step up and denounce the BS your people or pulling. And its not just a few bad apples, studies and polls consistantly show 60-70% of Islamic Arabs believe this extremest crap. BTW, 51% of Mexicans believe the 8 southwest states were stolen from them and they will reclaim them, kinda sounds like the whole palastine land problem, here! So yes the Border is part of the problem and the DEMS and REPUBS are unwilling to deal with it apparantly. Thats it for now, just a few thoughts.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2006, 08:52:55 PM »

I am not quite sure why folks think the Islamic extremists are not here in full force fighting the jihad. They are here. In the cities and in rural America. They are being arrested and charged on a regular basis. So like the war on drugs.....we bust few and the drugs keep coming. Saying that we fight them over there so we don't fight them here is ludicrous.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2006, 10:48:30 PM »

The 9/11 commission found out that those in public safety that had knowledge about an impending plot to fly planes into buildings were not communicating with each other. Something about egos getting in the way or something.

Sorry to say so man but you just don't get it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 10:44:23 AM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 11:12:20 PM »

Heard Pat Buchanan on the Glen Beck radio show this morning being interviewed about his book "State of Emergency."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 11:13:36 PM by ultrafxr »

IBA member # 45520

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 11:21:21 PM »

I might agree with you on that.

Being assigned to THE SPECIAL OPERATIONS DIVISION of THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA FIRE DEPARTMENT on 9/11 and spending 3 days in hell at the Pentagon and being involved in a lot of specialized training since that day. I can tell you you are a hella lot safer now that you were 5 years ago. You may not think so but I KNOW FOR A FACT!

If our great (yea right) Persident Clinton had not opened our borders and signed The North America Fair Trade Agreement it might not have ever happened.
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2006, 07:20:17 AM »

[highlight]Dawg...I have not forgotten 9/11[/highlight]...
Thanks for reminding us...
This is one event that goes beyond political bounderies!!!

DisAir

Thanks

I never thought I would ever see the day we were fighting a war on our own turf.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 07:22:25 AM »

Sorry to say so man but you just don't get it.
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2006, 07:35:17 AM »

Like you said, they are not rational.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 07:36:24 AM by ultrafxr »

IBA member # 45520
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 20 queries.