Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Lowered cvo's  (Read 3372 times)

Bowman1836

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 cvo street glide
Lowered cvo's
« on: September 20, 2012, 12:38:11 AM »

I'm wanting to lower my bike With some soorang air ride and just woundering how many have did this. What did you use to lower you bike and how does it ride also any pics would be great. I'm mainly looking for info on the streetglides I have the 2012 sesg slate. Anyways let me know what you got. Thanks

Bowman1836

• Senior CVO Member

Re: Lowered cvo's
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 10:47:42 AM »

No one ?

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 11:20:55 AM »

I'm wanting to lower my bike With some soorang air ride and just woundering how many have did this. What did you use to lower you bike and how does it ride also any pics would be great. I'm mainly looking for info on the streetglides I have the 2012 sesg slate. Anyways let me know what you got. Thanks

Follow this link....
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=77622.0
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »

I spent over $800 lowering my 08 SEUC with an Arnott Air Ride system.  It was wasted $$$.  The bike looked cool in the parking lot, but rode like crap.  After suffering with the Arnott system for over a year, I pulled it off and put the OEM shocks back on.

There may be some air ride systems that are better than the Arnott, but I will not spent the $$$ to try it again.

What I finally settled with was a set of Burly shackles that lowered the rear of the bike about 1 1/2 inches.  I was able to use the OEM shocks, which kept the same amount of travel in the rear suspension.  Much cheaper than the Arnott stuff and much easier to install  ;)

BTW, I have a set of slightly used rear Arnott shocks with compressor, and controls in the original box with instructions for a 2008 SEUC.... for cheap, if anyone is interested.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 11:43:28 AM »

Follow this link....
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=77622.0

IMO....for the $,, Progressive is the way to go,,,,No comparison from the OE garbage on our bikes
For those if $ is no concern,,, Yes their are other companies (Traxxion, Bitubo)
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 12:16:26 PM »

I've had my arnott's for over a year and love them. They have been the best ride I 've had in forty years of Harley riding.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 01:11:35 PM »

Since the SESG is already lowered 1" compared to an Ultra, dropping it even more is not likely to be a rewarding experience.  If you do it with shorter shocks or those lowering brackets some folks sell, you may very well run into clearance problems, both tire to fender and frame/footboards/hard parts to ground.  Shorter shocks tend to ride like crap as well.

Using an adjustable air ride system with an on-board compressor can allow you to drop the rear for posing at the local hangouts, or moving the bike around in the garage, but it's not much of an answer if what you are looking for is an easier reach to the ground every time you stop.  You don't want to actually ride with the rear end slammed, and I don't think you could constantly bleed off and then jack up the pressure every time you stop and then take off.  Riding with the rear end slammed is unsafe and is also likely to cause some fairly serious damage.

If you want to lower the bike just to look cool, my advice is to forget it.  If you want it lowered because of short leg syndrome, my advice is to first look at changing the seat and your footwear.  Those items will be less expensive and won't screw up the ride quality or handling.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Bowman1836

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 02:39:36 PM »

Since the SESG is already lowered 1" compared to an Ultra, dropping it even more is not likely to be a rewarding experience.  If you do it with shorter shocks or those lowering brackets some folks sell, you may very well run into clearance problems, both tire to fender and frame/footboards/hard parts to ground.  Shorter shocks tend to ride like crap as well.

Using an adjustable air ride system with an on-board compressor can allow you to drop the rear for posing at the local hangouts, or moving the bike around in the garage, but it's not much of an answer if what you are looking for is an easier reach to the ground every time you stop.  You don't want to actually ride with the rear end slammed, and I don't think you could constantly bleed off and then jack up the pressure every time you stop and then take off.  Riding with the rear end slammed is unsafe and is also likely to cause some fairly serious damage.

If you want to lower the bike just to look cool, my advice is to forget it.  If you want it lowered because of short leg syndrome, my advice is to first look at changing the seat and your footwear.  Those items will be less expensive and won't screw up the ride quality or handling.

JMHO - Jerry

I'm wanting to do this for two reasons. One better reach and second I think it looks cool. Just like loud pipes some hate it some love it. Now I'm sure when I'm older I'll be that grouchy old timer who just doesn't get it and forgot that I was once that way. But that's later in life  :bananarock: right now I'm Gona banana rock :). No offense just not looking for someone to tell me I shouldn't do it. Everyone has his or her taste and well that's what makes us happy. No one has any pics ?

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »

Troy

PM what you want for these.

I like mine (not perfect though)and have had inquiries about them. I think lighter riders will find them harsh.   

Since you got them from me, maybe I can help?

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Hot.dog

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 01:01:53 AM »

my 2012 cvo sg.... rear arnott's installed. rides like a dream. i have progressives front end lowering kit waiting to be installed. i just ordered 21/17" hogpro wheels for her yesterday...
2012 Ruby red FLHXSE3

Bowman1836

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 07:17:31 AM »

my 2012 cvo sg.... rear arnott's installed. rides like a dream. i have progressives front end lowering kit waiting to be installed. i just ordered 21/17" hogpro wheels for her yesterday...

Cool. So the front how low are you going to go with it? And I got to thinking. The people that ride two up I have seen these bikes squat atleast 2 inches with BSR so I'm sure it's not that unsafe to ride this way. But anyways did you install this or have a shop?  I like the way it looks

Hot.dog

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 07:53:04 AM »

Thanks, I installed it... I'm going to lower the front a little over a inch to lower it back down once the 21 is on. And the bike comes with a 18" rear wheel, I went with a 17 to lower the rear another inch. This is my second bike with air ride, it does take a little getting used too and finding the right air pressure for the most comfortable ride... Both of my bikes with air ride always rode better when riding two up. What is BSR?

The bike in this pic has the same stance that mine will have....
2012 Ruby red FLHXSE3

Bowman1836

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 08:40:13 AM »

Thanks, I installed it... I'm going to lower the front a little over a inch to lower it back down once the 21 is on. And the bike comes with a 18" rear wheel, I went with a 17 to lower the rear another inch. This is my second bike with air ride, it does take a little getting used too and finding the right air pressure for the most comfortable ride... Both of my bikes with air ride always rode better when riding two up. What is BSR?

The bike in this pic has the same stance that mine will have....

BSR back seat rider.

That's what I'm looking to accomplish I like the stance on that bike. Is that raked some ?

Bowman1836

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 08:41:50 AM »

That what I want my bike to sit like. So inch in front and what in the rear ? Also I'm not going ti change my wheels out. Is that bike raked ?

BSR is back seat rider

Hot.dog

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 08:57:05 AM »

Nope, its not raked...looks pretty good huh?
2012 Ruby red FLHXSE3
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 26 queries.