Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: X-pipe or true duals for bagger bike  (Read 5441 times)

huntnjim

• Junior CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited Custom Paint
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Anniversary
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO Convert
X-pipe or true duals for bagger bike
« on: September 27, 2012, 05:53:43 PM »

I know I am hearing that the 2 in to 1 pipe will give the best performance however I prefer the dual look on a bagger bike and both pipes working. That said would you go with x pipe or dual header for performance and to let the 110 breathe?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: X-pipe or true duals for bagger bike
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 06:44:04 PM »

I know I am hearing that the 2 in to 1 pipe will give the best performance however I prefer the dual look on a bagger bike and both pipes working. That said would you go with x pipe or dual header for performance and to let the 110 breathe?

IMO, the X pipe.  MOST true dual systems do not produce good TQ numbers down low where you ride 90% of the time.

Also, IMO, the Fullsac Stage I system gives you by far the best bang for the buck.  If you like the look of the stock system, that's the easiest way to go.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

huntnjim

• Junior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 07:00:44 PM »

IMO, the X pipe.  MOST true dual systems do not produce good TQ numbers down low where you ride 90% of the time.

Also, IMO, the Fullsac Stage I system gives you by far the best bang for the buck.  If you like the look of the stock system, that's the easiest way to go.

If I went with Fullsac X pipe and cores to go along with Andrews 57 cams what size core would you think would allow it to breathe the best and listen to the radio at cruise 2.25 or 2"?

steveg56

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 StreetGlide
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 07:37:18 PM »

I had a 2011 RGC with the 103" motor and a D&D fatcat 2 into 1 pipe with Woods TW777 cams that I traded in for a 2012 CVO RGC that has the 110" motor.  I opted to go with dresser duals and RCX 4" slip ons this time as I too like the sound of true duals.  I can tell you in my experience that my CVO pulls harder all the way around then my previous bike.  Go for it, you won't be disappointed. 

NYSport

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide, Skunk
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 09:16:54 PM »

Fullsac definitely produces great numbers without changing anything else, just a dyno tune.  Sounds great too.
Former US Army
160th Little Bird Pilot

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 10:15:59 PM »

"x" pipe...   :2vrolijk_21:

Both Fullsac and Fuel Moto (Jackpot) offer nice performing "x" pipes...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Texas Fat Boy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 10:59:29 PM »

Fullsac X-Pipe added 10.5 lbs of tq over my True Dual system I had..............it also helps tremendously with the heat issue too.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:02:26 PM by Texas Fat Boy »

100HP

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 11:58:36 PM »

2011 SESG. I have the fullsac x pipe with 2.25 cores. Woods TW555 cams. The sound is deep and rich, not obnoxiously loud. . and yes you can hear the audio all day long at 1/3 volume.  104hp and 118tq. with SESTuner and good dyno.  I was told that the SE air filter that came with the Glide was good enough for the intake but I also had them dyno it with out the air filter to see what it would do. HP went to 108 and TQ went to121.  I'm looking for a better  and freer flow intake.  Hope thjis helps..

NYSport

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide, Skunk
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 08:04:39 AM »

Not to muddy the water but I almost bought these from Jackpot instead of the full sac.  The OP mentioned looks were a consideration, I though the Jackpot looked better and they are stainless steel.  BTW, I'm perfectly happy with the full sac, no regrets at all.

http://www.jackpotmufflers.com/headpipes.htm

Former US Army
160th Little Bird Pilot

LincolnUSA

• LincolnUSA
  • Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac B X-Pipe, 2.0" Baffles, TTS Mastertune
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »

Go w the Fullsac "C" pipe with thr 110 motor.  it has a wider diameter than the "X"Pipe.

RussG69

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 #216
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 09:14:57 AM »

Anyone have experience with Vance and Hines Power Duals? I, Hopefully, get my bike around Oct 10th and was thinking of going with these as well as Rinehart 4" slip-ons.

Thanks,

Russ

xsdbs

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide
    • Vincent's Web Page
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 09:38:03 AM »

IMO, the Fullsac Stage I system gives you by far the best bang for the buck.
I would like to add that the Fullsac Stage I is a "complete package".
I liked knowing all the components (and the fuel map) would work together.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 09:51:58 AM »

Anyone have experience with Vance and Hines Power Duals? I, Hopefully, get my bike around Oct 10th and was thinking of going with these as well as Rinehart 4" slip-ons.

Thanks,

Russ

This is the exact set-up I have on my 2012 SG.  Not only does it look awesome but the sound is exactly what I was looking for.  You won't be disappointed.

Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 12:30:19 PM »

If I went with Fullsac X pipe and cores to go along with Andrews 57 cams what size core would you think would allow it to breathe the best and listen to the radio at cruise 2.25 or 2"?

Generally speaking, the 2" cores give the best overall performance, but the differences are small.  It mostly comes down to a subjective call on how loud you want the bike to be.  The 2" cores, for me, are PLENTY loud.  I personally would not want anything louder.  Keep in mind that whatever mufflers you get, they are going to get somewhat louder over time, as the packing burns away.  With the cores, you can pull them back out and repack when needed.  From my understanding, the Fullsac "C" pipe is really designed for engines larger than the 110.  If you plan on bigger mods to the engine than just a cam swap, that would be a consideration.  Steve at Fullsac could advise you on that choice.

There are other good exhaust systems out there, no doubt.  In a nutshell, here are the advantages to the Fullsac Stage I system (even with the cam you are choosing): It's a proven system; They provide great customer support; If you like the look of the stock exhaust, it maintains that look while utilizing the stock heat shields ($$$ saved); The installation is simple/easy...if you own basic tools and can operate a Dremel tool (or equivalent) and a laptop, you can do the install yourself in 3-4 hours maximum; The TTS Mastertune, IMO, is about as good as it gets for a HD motorcycle; The system is virtually "plug and play"; If you do the work yourself, the cost is < $1100 for everything.  The cam swap you are talking about would be the only variable that would add to the cost and would probably require a trip to a good tuner to have it all dialed in precisely.

The ECM map provided by Fullsac is so close, you likely won't need to rush to a dyno tuner to have it tweaked.  I'm still running the canned map provided to me by Steve, and my bike runs just fine.  It could probably benefit to some small degree by having a good tuner tweak things a bit, but finding a good tuner is another challenge, depending on your location.  If you live near Florida or Northern California, that's not an issue.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

huntnjim

• Junior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 02:30:57 PM »

Generally speaking, the 2" cores give the best overall performance, but the differences are small.  It mostly comes down to a subjective call on how loud you want the bike to be.  The 2" cores, for me, are PLENTY loud.  I personally would not want anything louder.  Keep in mind that whatever mufflers you get, they are going to get somewhat louder over time, as the packing burns away.  With the cores, you can pull them back out and repack when needed.  From my understanding, the Fullsac "C" pipe is really designed for engines larger than the 110.  If you plan on bigger mods to the engine than just a cam swap, that would be a consideration.  Steve at Fullsac could advise you on that choice.

There are other good exhaust systems out there, no doubt.  In a nutshell, here are the advantages to the Fullsac Stage I system (even with the cam you are choosing): It's a proven system; They provide great customer support; If you like the look of the stock exhaust, it maintains that look while utilizing the stock heat shields ($$$ saved); The installation is simple/easy...if you own basic tools and can operate a Dremel tool (or equivalent) and a laptop, you can do the install yourself in 3-4 hours maximum; The TTS Mastertune, IMO, is about as good as it gets for a HD motorcycle; The system is virtually "plug and play"; If you do the work yourself, the cost is < $1100 for everything.  The cam swap you are talking about would be the only variable that would add to the cost and would probably require a trip to a good tuner to have it all dialed in precisely.

Midnight, can you compare how much louder the 2.25s than the 2s and are the 2.25s comparable to.....Bubs 7 or V&H monster rounds. I definantly do not want to go as loud as the 4" Rinehart duals.

The ECM map provided by Fullsac is so close, you likely won't need to rush to a dyno tuner to have it tweaked.  I'm still running the canned map provided to me by Steve, and my bike runs just fine.  It could probably benefit to some small degree by having a good tuner tweak things a bit, but finding a good tuner is another challenge, depending on your location.  If you live near Florida or Northern California, that's not an issue.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 20 queries.