Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: FLHRSE5: No detach tour pak?  (Read 6155 times)

Uncle Fester

• Hostage of the MoCo
  • Junior CVO Member
    • MD

• CVO1: '13 FLHRSE3 "Serafina"
    • CVO2: '11 FLTRUSE "Pazia"
FLHRSE5: No detach tour pak?
« on: September 27, 2012, 09:54:39 PM »

Just read over on another forum that the '13 SERK can't use the 4-point docking hardware, due to seat clearance issues or something. Thus, no detach tour-pak. Is that the case? Seems kinda weird then that they'd offer tour-paks in '13 Road King CVO colors if you can't use one...

I was kinda counting on a chopped TPak to make up for the saddlebag space lost to the amp and speakers...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RetSUBLDO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '13 FLHRSE - sold
    • CVO3: '10 FLHTCUSE - sold
Re: FLHRSE5: No detach tour pak?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 08:19:01 AM »

I believe the information on the other forum may be wrong.
The P&A shows the following:

4-Point Docking Hardware Kit - Chrome

The ideal choice for maximum versatility, this complete kit contains the docking hardware necessary to install all Detachable accessory options. Even if you only install a passenger backrest today, this kit allows you to add additional accessories as your touring demands change. Provides docking points to allow installation of Detachable Sissy Bar, Solo Luggage Rack, 2-Up Luggage Rack, Solo Tour-Pak® Rack or 2-Up Tour-Pak® Rack.

54205-09

Fits '09-later FLHR, FLHRC, FLHT, FLHX, FLTR, and FLTRX, FLHRSE5, FLHXSE/2/3, FLTRSE3 and FLTRXSE/2 models. For use with Detachable Sissy Bars, Solo Luggage Racks, 2-Up Luggage Racks, Solo Tour-Pak® Rack and 2-Up Tour-Pak® Rack. FLHRC models require separate purchase of Saddlebag Hinge Stop P/N 90580-09.els require separate purchase of Saddlebag Hinge Stop P/N 90580-09.

The P&A also offers a CVO RK style backrest pad for the chopped tourpak.  I don't think there'd be any interference.

tincup64

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 09:17:47 AM »

there is a problem with the 4 point docking system.  i had one put on my 2013 serk before i picked it up from the dealer and the passenger backrest would not fit back on the bike.  there was interference with something - i didn't get to see it.  it was removed so i could have the backrest on when i picked it up.  unclear if this would impact the tour pak - perhaps not, but some modification will have to be made to easily switch configurations.

harley has the concern from my dealer and i am awaiting resolution.

tin

Uncle Fester

• Hostage of the MoCo
  • Junior CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 08:51:40 AM »

there is a problem with the 4 point docking system.  i had one put on my 2013 serk before i picked it up from the dealer and the passenger backrest would not fit back on the bike.  there was interference with something - i didn't get to see it.  it was removed so i could have the backrest on when i picked it up.  unclear if this would impact the tour pak - perhaps not, but some modification will have to be made to easily switch configurations.

harley has the concern from my dealer and i am awaiting resolution.

tin

Interesting...so the interference is with getting the backrest sissy on the four-point dock? Weird. Wonder why. I assume its the same dock and sissy bar they've had since '09.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BigTrouble

• Melissa's Trouble

• CVO1: 2013 Road King-Crushed Sapphire
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 10:16:35 AM »

I had the same problem when the 4 point was put on mine.  Talked to the dealer and they didn't have an idea either.  Everything appears to be the same but isn't. 

The chrome spacers on dock had to be changed.  Ordered some new chrome spacers on line for about $12 and slid them one.   

dave726

• CVO1: '13 FLHRSE5 Anniv #61/900
    • CVO2: '05 FLHRCI 95ci, 92hp, 102'#
    • CVO3: '00 FLHRCUI 95ci
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 06:51:59 AM »

Where did you get the differently sized chrome spacers for $12? I've got the same clearance problem with the backrest.

The TourPak 2-up Mount works with the passenger pillion. The Solo Mount needs the passenger pillion removed for it to fit.
No regrets, no maybe’s, live for today.

Hx2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FHTCUSE6 Blue
    • CVO2: FLHRSE5 AE
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 07:24:50 AM »

I have the 4 point docking kit on my FLHRSE5 and have no issues mounting a luggage rack and sissy bar.  Had mine put on at the dealer when I picked the bike up.   
13 FLHRSE5 AE
11.5 FLHTCUSE6

Dr Foot

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 10:45:27 AM »

Hi, sorry to hear you have experienced problems. I fitted the 4 point docking kit to my 2013 CVO Road King myself, sissy bar and king size touring rack fit the docking points perfectly.

Uncle Fester

• Hostage of the MoCo
  • Junior CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 01:16:23 PM »

Anyone have pictures of the '13 CVORK tour pak?

C RYD

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »

They offer them-Both King and Chopped-The MOCO offers matching backrests for both

BigTrouble

• Melissa's Trouble

• CVO1: 2013 Road King-Crushed Sapphire
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 02:17:07 PM »

Where did you get the differently sized chrome spacers for $12? I've got the same clearance problem with the backrest.

The TourPak 2-up Mount works with the passenger pillion. The Solo Mount needs the passenger pillion removed for it to fit.

I ordered the chrome spacers from:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#

pa1adin

• CVO1: FLHRSE5 AE #411
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »

I have the 4 point docking kit on my FLHRSE5 and have no issues mounting a luggage rack and sissy bar.  Had mine put on at the dealer when I picked the bike up.   

Ditto!

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 10:13:14 PM »

I ordered the chrome spacers from:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#

You have a part#. I just made some out of aluminum and would love some chrome ones

Thanks, Rich
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

tincup64

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 01:25:19 PM »

You have a part#. I just made some out of aluminum and would love some chrome ones

Thanks, Rich

i'd appreciate the part number too.

tin

Tony007

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 05:00:29 PM »

Anyone with pics of the tour pack or with it mounted on the bike??
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 20 queries.