Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Stereo problem on a 2000 screaming eagle road glide  (Read 4164 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Stereo problem on a 2000 screaming eagle road glide
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 08:34:21 PM »

I shoulda done that with the tacos. :-\

Doesn't work for HAZMAT :-X .

John Tumalty

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 10:24:48 AM »

hey twolanerider your coil was sent back on friday thanks for your help

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 11:22:04 AM »

hey twolanerider your coil was sent back on friday thanks for your help

Thanks John.  Just glad you got it sorted.

harley5227

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 04:07:03 PM »

Hi John.  Im the guy from Colorado with the same problem on my 2000 SE Road Glide from the HD Forum.  I have changed the battery and it did nothing. 
Is that all you had to do?  Im totally baffled.

Mwalker4065

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ME

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 07:42:40 AM »

I have an 03 ultra classic. We have an aftermarket radio & recently installed hog tunes. Since installing hog tunes my radio sound cut out when applied the throttle and came back on when pulled the front brake. The radio itself didn't cutout. I could change the Channel's & volume, just didn't have sound. I took it to a stereo installation person & he couldn't figure it out. He found loose wire & thought it was solved. Within 1 day it cutout. Took it back. He thought my current radio was junk so he installed a new radio but within 10miles of leaving his shop it happened again. I researched online for weeks. So glad I found this feed it solved my problem. It was the BATTERY. My husband was skeptical but once we replaced the battery we had no more issues. My voltage meter was reading the same, no changes when applying throttle or brake. This is the most expensive radio I have ever bought! Had it installed in Sturgis. That guy wired my hand controls wrong. I paid for diagnostics to fix his mistakes as well as diagnostics to figure out this issue & paid for new radio I didn't need.
Edit: It is a plug and play however it is a swi-rc which required programming for hand controls to work correctly. So it was the programming that the sturgis guy did not do correctly. The new guy re programmed hand controls for me. As far as the wiring for the hogtunes, he did follow the wires and he corrected those as well. He thought radio was junk because he had never come across this issue of when applying the throttle the radio cut out so he thought problem with my radio. When that didnt work his next step was to contact hogtunes but i read online about replacing the battery & thats what i did & it worked. Neither of us understand why it fixed it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 04:57:08 PM by Mwalker4065 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2015, 12:03:49 PM »

I have an 03 ultra classic. We have an aftermarket radio & recently installed hog tunes. Since installing hog tunes my radio sound cut out when applied the throttle and came back on when pulled the front brake. The radio itself didn't cutout. I could change the Channel's & volume, just didn't have sound. I took it to a stereo installation person & he couldn't figure it out. He found loose wire & thought it was solved. Within 1 day it cutout. Took it back. He thought my current radio was junk so he installed a new radio but within 10miles of leaving his shop it happened again. I researched online for weeks. So glad I found this feed it solved my problem. It was the BATTERY. My husband was skeptical but once we replaced the battery we had no more issues. My voltage meter was reading the same, no changes when applying throttle or brake. This is the most expensive radio I have ever bought! Had it installed in Sturgis. That guy wired my hand controls wrong. I paid for diagnostics to fix his mistakes as well as diagnostics to figure out this issue & paid for new radio I didn't need.

Most important thing of course is that the problems are sorted.  So much there that just doesn't pass the sniff test though.  "Wiring" the hand controls is a plug and play module.  With the electronics in that module there would be no functional hand controls on an aftermarket head unless it's an older bike.  So it sounds like you may have been being led significantly astray from moment one.  After that you just had guys chasing each others tails (one following another's failed work is always expensive and often ineffective) and (apparently) never really bothering to actually trace problems from stem to stern.  Only thing that matters, and the only thing that's good, about your efforts is that it's sorted out now.  Ride on and enjoy.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 25 queries.