Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: what tuners do you use on your CVO ????  (Read 3999 times)

thesalvagekid

what tuners do you use on your CVO ????
« on: October 02, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »

I have been reading alot on the internet about auto tuners vs. dyno tuning ..... there are alot of opinions on this ....... i have a 2010 CVO street glide with a true dual exhaust  ..... what do you use and why ?

Someone is trying to convince me to go auto tune , but i dont know the ups and downs vs dyno tuned

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: what tuners do you use on your CVO ????
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 03:46:27 PM »

I just bought a 2012 SEULTRA. I changed the pipes and used a SE Race Tuner this time around. It has an smart tune function that works very well. I had to buy the cables and software for the tuner but so far it has been worth it. Before that I used a Thunder Max with excellent results. I think they have a pretty good map library now. Back in that day you needed to find someone who could tune it.

Hope this helps!!!!! I know there are a few others out there that people on here are using. I'm  sure you will a lot of response to this question.

be Safe

THE DAWG   
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Ranger

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 03:47:05 PM »

On my wifes 2011 CVO SG we use the HD Super Tuner....on my 2011 CVO RGU I use the Power Commander V with speed shifter....have fewer problems with the HD Version...
2018 CVO StreetGlide

thesalvagekid

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 05:11:28 PM »

On my wifes 2011 CVO SG we use the HD Super Tuner....on my 2011 CVO RGU I use the Power Commander V with speed shifter....have fewer problems with the HD Version...

there is currently a power commander with the 02 sensors on the bike now .... lots of flat spots and popping on decel ..... it is a generic map though, not custom

Howie

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 07:51:16 PM »

Recently I traded in a 2011 SE, the red and black one.  Only because the ignition switch broke 500 miles away from home and the delivery time for a new switch was around 28 days.  On that bike I had and SE Race tuner and also had to have it dyno tuned as well.  It ran very good.  With the new bike, a 2012 SE, blue and silver, I bought a Thunder Max with autotune built right in.  Now it starts as soon as you hit the starter, runs smoother, and I think runs just as well if not better. I haven't put in on a dyno to get any numbers yet.  But it runs very good.  Many setting can be set from your handle bars.  Idle speed, speedometer adjustments, and the like.  You start out with a base map, and the ECM constantly adjusts while you ride.  When your happy with the tune, you can turn off the autotune, or keep it tuning as long as you want.  When comparing the costs of each.  Both are about the same cost when you add in the dyno costs.  With the Tmax with the auto tune, if you make any equipment changes, you just continue to ride and it will adjust for the added equipment after you update the map if necessary.   Had everything installed at Delmarva Bike week along with new headers without a catalytic converter.  Now that I've had both,  I would definitely purchase the ThunderMax again. 

Good luck on your choice.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 08:06:24 PM »

You need to find a good tuner in your area and see what they suggest. You can always try a Rev Performance EMS or a Thundermax Autotune and see if you like how it performs. With those you will not need a dyno or someone to tune it. Still others prefer the TTS or SERT, but with those you will most likely need some dyno time and someone to tune. The Power Commander you have should work as well, if you have the bike tuned by a competant person--which would be someone who works regularly with that device. Since you already own it that may be the most cost effective route.

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 11:46:18 PM »

I use the the Dynojet Power Vision works great  they have even just launched a new version of firmware for it with Autoyune Basic included the basic uses the stock narrow band O2 sensors just started using this feature so nothing to report yet.. I did read today that Fuelmoto are offering a $150 trade in  rebate on the Power Vision this month looks like they will trade most of the current models including the PC 3 ...worth checking it out   www.fuelmoto.com
they are a great bunch of guys to deal with
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

ejvette

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 06:12:28 AM »

I don't have a dyno any where near where I live so im waiting for Zippers to come out with a thundermax/autotune unit for my '12 convert. supposedly they are currently working on one.

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.(W. Churchill)

12 CVO Convertible Satin Pewter
09 Deluxe Vivid Black-Sold

1998 Corvette 500HP
1970 Chevelle SS454 M22 Rock Crusher

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »

I don't have a dyno any where near where I live so im waiting for Zippers to come out with a thundermax/autotune unit for my '12 convert. supposedly they are currently working on one.

Call Maximum Motorsports, they're one of the best in the state.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 08:23:27 AM »

see fulsac website!! :2vrolijk_21:

Fattbaggernknox

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 08:48:43 AM »

I have had my last (2) bikes tuned via direct link. No tuning device is needed & I love the results!
2011 fltruse FBI wheels& hidden axle 574 Fuelling cams & lifters.J&M rocker series speakers & amp, Rb Racing black hole spyder 2-1, Aim-vpc92,SE 58MM TB, HPI 5.3 inj. Tuned by Strokerjlk 112.76/118.99 sae 115.42/121.85 std

ejvette

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 06:40:35 AM »

Call Maximum Motorsports, they're one of the best in the state.

Have you had your Harley dyno'd there?  Their a yamaha shop

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.(W. Churchill)

12 CVO Convertible Satin Pewter
09 Deluxe Vivid Black-Sold

1998 Corvette 500HP
1970 Chevelle SS454 M22 Rock Crusher

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 06:58:07 AM »

Zippers Thunder-Max with Auto Tune, I have ran mine for 3 or 4 yrs., Changed complete exhaust systems 3 times all i have had to do after each change was ride, The T-M done the rest.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 11:19:24 AM »

Have you had your Harley dyno'd there?  Their a yamaha shop

My riding buddy had his ultra dyno'd there. He was having problems getting his map right because of a stock flash and also had dead spots. They did a great job on it. The owner also has a newer bagger with a blown 103 thats pushing a lot of power.
He'll tune any brand with a pc

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 12:52:15 AM »

I'm using the Dynojet Power Vision with autotune.  I upgraded to add the wide band sensors as well.  Never spend another dollar on dyno tuning.  :cucumber:

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 20 queries.