Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Engine Noise  (Read 4847 times)

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Engine Noise
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 06:17:14 PM »

AV&V guides, Viton seals, sized with a Goodson carbide reamer.................
Sounds good we use exclusively AV&V parts
In this case the seals are likely back to K-lines as that is what the dealer stocks for the .410 guides

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 06:18:49 AM »

Sounds good we use exclusively AV&V parts
In this case the seals are likely back to K-lines as that is what the dealer stocks for the .410 guides

No, that is what component parts are in those cylinder heads.
Scott

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 07:07:29 PM »

from Chuck
"They pulled the valves and checked the guides and replaced valve stem seals they said guides were ok."

No biggee really Scott
The MOCO used the K-lines for years including the first 110s too and before that no seals at all :'(

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 10:33:52 AM »

Well just got the bike back the verdict is excessive carbon due to bad rings. They replaced the rings cleaned carbon and honed the cylinders all is good so far.
Chuck

Chuck  I hate it when somebody second guesses my work especially never having seen the problem in person...that being stated here is my .02 worth...I have seen several bikes with this concern and thru a process similar to what appears to have happened here, and with full blessings of the MOCO, replaced way to many parts.  We stumbled upon this ... we had 2 bikes apart and noticed the compensator bolt from one had what appeared to be marks from it being bottomed out and it was longer than the other.  went to the parts counter got a third bolt and we had three different length bolts...seemed insignificant enough but 1-2 threads difference.  used the shortest and the noise was gone.  We have since done several and now make sure the bolt is not bottomed out and we are getting no repeat concerns with the "normal they all do it" but should NOT noise.   My thought is that it is just a case of too sloppy tolerances all adding up.   :soapbox:   
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 20 queries.