Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: WHY YOU DO NOT WEAR JEANS ON A MOTORCYCLE  (Read 5215 times)

ultrarider123

Re: WHY YOU DO NOT WEAR JEANS ON A MOTORCYCLE
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 01:51:22 PM »

To answer the original post....I do wear jeans on my bike and have for 40 plus years of riding.  Have worn leather chaps, too (with jeans underneath...chaps alone with my body just would not be pretty... :2vrolijk_21:)  On my one bad wreck, I totaled the bike (Suzuki 450L model) and cracked my Fulmer full face helmet as my head hit the pavement (maybe what's wrong with me today) and as I slid down the road about 100 feet.  Shattered my scapula but my shirt and jeans were not damaged...still have those jeans but can't get in them anymore (don't have a clue as to why... ::) )

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 04:17:15 PM »

Great information.  Many of us have seen the results of not wearing protective gear.   Nonetheless, it's a personal decision. 

I sometimes just wear jeans and a tank top, especially when temps top 90 plus degrees.  But I always wear MC Boots, but never shorts and flip flops.  I also know what it would be like if I went down.  My survival instincts are at high alert and I'm more careful when this is the case, but I know it's Russian roulette with our bodies.  I do wear high quality protective leather and other gear most of the time.  Especially when I plan to be riding the twisties of the California mountains.

Why do I always wear boots?  In 1974 as an active duty Army Medic in Hawaii, I came up on an accident involving a cage and a motorcycle, so I had to stop to render care.  I went over to get the guys tennis shoe for him and to my shock it still had his foot inside.  He survived, but minus his foot.  If he'd been wearing boots with adequate ankle protection, he might have had a broken foot/leg, but it would have still been attached.  Of that, I'm certain. 

This is a great discussion and one that is making me think about picking up some pairs of those Kevlar jeans.  Thanks for bringing it up.

As to the original story: 
This joker is hiding the fact he was drinking and riding.  Who in their right mind would go home, drink vodka; then go to the hospital to get patched up.  He was DUI IMHO.  Alcohol is no pain killer.  Not that kind of pain, anyhow.  :nixweiss:

Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 10:50:31 AM »

As to the original story: 
This joker is hiding the fact he was drinking and riding.  Who in their right mind would go home, drink vodka; then go to the hospital to get patched up.  He was DUI IMHO.  Alcohol is no pain killer.  Not that kind of pain, anyhow.  :nixweiss:

I did think "WTF" when I read that, but didn't put it together, but I bet you're right.

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 11:01:34 AM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

bmcgc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 105th FXDSE2 traded for a Road King Classic
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 08:34:42 PM »

I prefer not to wreck my motorcycle.

Reminds me of a situation here.

I buy coffee out of a machine.  (I learned to drink my coffee hot and nasty, so machine coffee is ok by me.)

Anyway, there has been a sign on the machine for over 2 years that says "Please do not shake the machine."

About 6 months ago I started putting a sign on the machine that says "Please fix the machine so people do not shake the machine."

The vending ploice informed me that I could not put a sign on the machine.

So now I use a black sharpie to post my message.

The machine has still not been fixed.

Tannehill Kid

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 09:13:19 PM »

Ouch :'(
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 20 queries.