Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Handlebars replacement for Ultra CVO's  (Read 38832 times)

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
Re: Handlebars replacement for Ultra CVO's
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2012, 08:08:50 PM »

Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

Slopokes72

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 citron yellow/black....totaled
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2013, 10:49:29 AM »

Has anyone done this mod with the 575's on a '13 yet?  I am in the same situation as some of you. Neck and back pain after long rides. I am looking for bars that are closer to me and a bit higher. Also looking to see if cables need to be extended.
Remember, its not the destination its the ride!! 
Ride Safe!

CVO Brian

• Full CVO Member
  • Baggers- Not just for grandpa anymore

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Orange and Black
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2013, 02:36:29 PM »

Slopoke,

If you go with Chubby 575's or 578's you will not need to add any cables or wire extensions. I put 578's on my 2012 and love them. Look at Wild1 website for different sizes. Lot of guys here went with 575's they are closer to stock bars with better pullback but not much height diff. My neck was killing me on long rides as well but i didnt need the bars closer to me ( Pullback ) I wanted higher so 578's being 2-1/2" taller than stock was the ticket for me. Very easy install. Just make sure if dealer does them you are there to sit on bike in your riding position with the GPS on the cradle before he tightens them down. Oh yea, the 578's are mini apes and look bad ass on the bike. 575's look just like stock but thicker. Good Luck with whatever you choose and PM me if your going to do yourself I have a few time saving tips as Iv'e done a few of these on Baggers in the past.
V&H True Duals
Rinehart 4" Chrome Pipes
Trucklite ph 7 w/ passing lamps
Pollished front rotors
SE Race Tuner
SE Chisel Air Cleaner
Wild1 Chubby 578 10" Bars
TP Removal System
CVO SG Stretch Bags and Rear Fender
CVO SG 110 Derby Cover

Slopokes72

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2013, 05:42:03 PM »

Slopoke,

If you go with Chubby 575's or 578's you will not need to add any cables or wire extensions. I put 578's on my 2012 and love them. Look at Wild1 website for different sizes. Lot of guys here went with 575's they are closer to stock bars with better pullback but not much height diff. My neck was killing me on long rides as well but i didn't need the bars closer to me ( Pullback ) I wanted higher so 578's being 2-1/2" taller than stock was the ticket for me. Very easy install. Just make sure if dealer does them you are there to sit on bike in your riding position with the GPS on the cradle before he tightens them down. Oh yea, the 578's are mini apes and look bad ass on the bike. 575's look just like stock but thicker. Good Luck with whatever you choose and PM me if your going to do yourself I have a few time saving tips as Ive done a few of these on Baggers in the past.

Thanks for the info..  I ordered the 575's and the dealer will install them because I am leaving the country for a month and they will have my scooter for that time to fix a paint issue and do some engine mods for me(wood bros cam 777 and Vance and Hines power duals, and a SE supper tuner with some time on the dyno..)  I hope I don't need any cables so it wont get too pricey..I know the moco moved the clutch line on the 13 to enter the side of faring instead of the front side above air temp gauge (which i think should be an oil temp instead). I dont know if that will make a difference or not. We will see in a month...

Again thanks for your advice. This is why I love this site...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:16:48 PM by Slopokes72 »
Ride Safe!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2013, 10:17:31 AM »

Just wanted to add an option see a lot on the WO575's and such and an alternative that I decided to go with on my 12 FLHXSE3 was the Khrome Werks +2 Sweepers. Did the install myself. Took my time (it's winter) and found the install to be rather easy. Just document the wiring by drawing diagrams and noting which wire goes to which pin location on the molex connectors. Plenty of information on the internet on how to disassemble molex connectors and I found it to be relatively easy to do once I researched it. I have my new bars currently mocked up and connectors plugged back in and turned everything back on to make sure all my switches/etc. worked. All is well  :bananarock: The wires were all long enough without extensions. The only thing that is tight is the hydraulic clutch line I may or may not have to reroute that not sure I still have the entire fairing tilted forward and I plan on buttoning it all up this afternoon so I will report back. I also replaced the bushings while the bars were off. Just wanted to share hope it helps someone.

BTW I have $78 in the bars (they are drilled for internal wiring and TBW) $12 in polyurethane bushings, and about $15 in miscellaneous items like lube for pulling the wires through the bars and electrical tape. Grand total of about $110 and my time in my upgrade  :P

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Gnarl78

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2013, 09:19:01 PM »

Can you post a picture when you're done with the install? I had 575's on my '06 Ultra (which helped over stock), but I would like to have had another inch or so of pullback.
'08 FLHTCUSE3
'05 VRSCSE
'03 FXDL
IBA#58965

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2013, 11:32:58 PM »

Can you post a picture when you're done with the install? I had 575's on my '06 Ultra (which helped over stock), but I would like to have had another inch or so of pullback.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Slopokes72

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2013, 08:27:09 PM »

just a little update on the new bars.  As per the dealer the brake line had to be replaced with a longer one, so they are waiting for it to arrive.  So, if you  own a '13 ultra, you may need to replace the brake line when installing wo 575's. I am not 100% on this since I am not here to question them but I trust the mech doing the work.  Just a little FYI.  I will post some pics as soon as can get them to take some and send to me.
Ride Safe!

Slopokes72

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2013, 11:48:33 AM »

Well,

Home at last and picked up bike.  Here is a pic or 2 with new bars and other mods
Ride Safe!

Slopokes72

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2013, 11:49:52 AM »

another pic
Ride Safe!

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2013, 12:26:41 PM »

Hello All;
Update
I am going to have Chuby's 578s installed.  I am glad I took some time on this I think I will happier with the 578's.

Then I am thinking I should upgrade my GPS to a Garmin zumo 660, It always gets deeper right. *S
I need a new helmet too so I am thinking about the benefits of Bluetooth.  I am thinking using the bluetooth headset for GPS, phone (I can't see I will ues the phone that much but who knows)  I have Hog Tunes Ultra package no problem listening with helmet on.
OK back to the handlebars.
I am looking at HD chrome handlebar mount for a Zumo 660.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/media/images/productphotos/PNA/76000191_M_27e59.jpg

Any info about this mount and Bluetooth add on would be helpful.
I am thinking I should do this when I do the handlebars.
Is it hard to wire?
Is there a problem mounting with the clutch reservoir?
Thanks
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:21:32 PM by RedEagle »
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

pksignator

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2013, 12:25:36 PM »

I put Chubby 578's and love them.  Still provides to wind protection and no extention required

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2013, 03:04:52 PM »

x2 :2vrolijk_21:
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

CVO Brian

• Full CVO Member
  • Baggers- Not just for grandpa anymore

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Orange and Black
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2013, 02:23:23 PM »

578 are the way to go if you want taller bars with a little pull back. They are true mini Apes without the crazy over the top look of the Custom Baggers you see out there. I even think the 577 look great to but a little too tall for my 6' frame. Wildone Chubby's gets my vote on Quality, Function, Price and Looks. There Chrome is the best I have seen anywhere
575 are all Pull BAck with same height as Stock bars. Dont get me wrong, still great 1-1/4" thick bar with same beautiful chrome finish but too much like stock for me.
V&H True Duals
Rinehart 4" Chrome Pipes
Trucklite ph 7 w/ passing lamps
Pollished front rotors
SE Race Tuner
SE Chisel Air Cleaner
Wild1 Chubby 578 10" Bars
TP Removal System
CVO SG Stretch Bags and Rear Fender
CVO SG 110 Derby Cover

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2013, 03:38:05 PM »

Here is a pic of my 578's. Installed myself with the help of CVO Brian. They look & feel great. So far no back pain!
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 20 queries.