Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: True Track On a 2010 Ultra CVO  (Read 1406 times)

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
True Track On a 2010 Ultra CVO
« on: October 23, 2012, 09:11:17 PM »

I was thinking of a true track brace for my 2010 CVO Ultra.  Do you think I can benefit from the brace or it is not necessary for the new generation frame bikes?  Tanx for the info. Cheers. 
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: True Track On a 2010 Ultra CVO
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 09:22:45 PM »

I was thinking of a true track brace for my 2010 CVO Ultra.  Do you think I can benefit from the brace or it is not necessary for the new generation frame bikes?  Tanx for the info. Cheers. 

Are you actually experiencing a rear steer issue with the bike, or just reading advertising from True-Track?  Unless you have something broken or worn out, the '09 and later Touring frames really don't need these stabilizer products.  If you are experiencing a problem, it would be much better to fix the real problem and not try to cover it up with a bandaid.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 09:08:00 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:

A 2010 model should definitely not need true track.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 10:22:42 AM »

I agree - the '09 frame change eliminated the need for devices like the True Track. Spend your money on something you actually DO need.

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 01:37:39 PM »

Point taken, I was just wondering if the true track can make it even better that it already is!!   But I am not having any swaying at speed problems. I did however install Works rear shocks and front fork cartridge inserts. What a difference!!! It's like going from a old bumpy pick up truck to a smooth riding Caddy. Totally worth the $$. Cheers.
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 06:50:26 AM »

if true track is not really needed as a countermeasure against the high speed wobble (pre 09 frames) I would not install ist because it induces a lot of vibrations to parts of the bike that the manufacturer never thought would suffer those and changes the direction of forces especially on the motor mounts. I had it on my 05 and as well as I greatly appreciated the higher stability the vibration especially of the floor boards were significantly increased and lifetime of motor mounts and exhaust manifold seemed to have suffered.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

rascal1007

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 06:07:14 PM »

I agree - the '09 frame change eliminated the need for devices like the True Track. Spend your money on something you actually DO need.

I don't believe the 09 frame change solved the rear wheel wobble problem.  I have an 09 SERG and experienced a rear wheel wobble on more than a few occasions in the past. In one case I was fortunate not to become a statistic.... it was that bad !

My confidence in the bike was shattered and I wasn't willing to keep the bike unless I could solve the problem, so I installed a True-Track stabilization device. Confident that my problem was solved, I continued riding like I had before, until the problem reared it's ugly head again, which was on the first trip after installing the True-Track.  The True-Track device DID NOT solve the problem.

Again, I seriously contemplated selling the bike. At that point, the bike had 15k miles on it.

In a last ditch attempt, I installed the Glide-Pro bushings and I have not had another rear wheel wobble occurrence. The SERG now has 33k miles on it.

Others that have experienced the rear wheel wobble issue, seem to share a commonality with my experiences. Every one of my experiences included hitting a bump or dip in the road while cornering.

HD would like to believe they fixed the problem with the 09 and later frame design. That's simply NOT true !!

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 11:29:06 AM »

I don't believe the 09 frame change solved the rear wheel wobble problem.  I have an 09 SERG and experienced a rear wheel wobble ...

but cvo2ride has an Electra Glide. Please don't confuse the lately quite often reported Road Glide wobble problems with the formerly deaded high speed "death wobble" on Road Kings and Electra Glides. Different kind of beast entirely.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

rascal1007

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 04:11:46 PM »

but cvo2ride has an Electra Glide. Please don't confuse the lately quite often reported Road Glide wobble problems with the formerly deaded high speed "death wobble" on Road Kings and Electra Glides. Different kind of beast entirely.

I am referring to a rear wheel wobble, not the front end wobble prevalent during deceleration that has been known to exist on Road Glides (mine included) due to poor neck bearing adjustment.

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.