Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shocks for shorties...  (Read 867 times)

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire
Shocks for shorties...
« on: October 24, 2012, 08:02:52 PM »

Hey All

Last weekend while enjoying a little Biketoberfest down here in beautiful Central Florida…  I stopped in the local HD Shop for some free Concerts, food and Adult Beverages.

And look what I found on the floor… sitting all by its lonesome... a SERK5...   Blue...   My wife was truly smitten at first sight…  let’s just say she didn’t leave the bike’s side for three hours.

2013 FLHRSE5 in Crushed Sapphire paint…  the newest member of the stable.  There’s just something ‘bout a Road King… especially a CVO with new bells and whistles.  And the color…  is amazing.

I am looking for suggestions from those with upgraded suspensions:  My wife is part Hobbit… and as such her legs are short as hell… and flat footing for her is always a challenge.  I installed Arnott on her Street Glide and that works good for her.

However this new beauty will be ridden by us both…  so I need the bike to be lowered. I’d rather not go with Arnott or Legend on this ride, as the real suspension of those air rides shocks are marginal at best.

What shocks would folks recommend to lower the bike as low as possible without sacrificing real suspension..?  I am also willing to lower the front as well if required.  I am 5’ 8’’ and she is 5’2….  So we’re both on the short side… what do you all think..?

And yes I know... pictures are coming soon..!   :2vrolijk_21:

bambam1762

Re: Shocks for shorties...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 09:06:05 PM »

Hobbit??? Nice... that could be a new nickname, I love it  :pumpkin:

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 09:25:24 PM »

Hobbit??? Nice... that could be a new nickname, I love it  :pumpkin:

Uhmmm... no.  Dactyl will work just fine  :huepfenlol2:

NYSport

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide, Skunk
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »

I love the new road king, enjoy.  As far as shocks to lower the bike, I think that will be difficult.  I would check with someone like Howard at motorcycle metal.  He knows a lot about suspensions and he might be able to offer a front and rear suggestion that will lower the bike but not change or at least not adversely effect the handling.  Just lowering the rear through shock height is not a great way to go, IMHO.
Former US Army
160th Little Bird Pilot

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 20 queries.