Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what is it worth  (Read 1232 times)

MontereyJack

what is it worth
« on: October 31, 2012, 04:54:31 PM »

I have the blue 2011 CVO softtail conv. What do you think it is worth? The dealers are saying it was not a very popular model and the resale value is less that some standard harleys?

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
Re: what is it worth
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 05:01:03 PM »

Dealers are not your friend!  They will give you nothing for your bike and then put it back on their floor for 24K.  I would take it to several dealers if you have that option, check ebay and chopper exchange to see what other similar bikes are priced at.  You will get far more money selling it yourself than selling it back to a dealer.

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 05:12:15 PM »

what add-ons if any ,  milage   need more details
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 09:06:09 PM »

In my state of Washington, we pay 8.5% in sales tax.  If you trade in a bike, you don't pay the sales tax on the value of your trade.  Just the difference.  So, if you were looking at $24,000 trade-in value, you would have to sell it yourself for at least $26,000 just to break even on what the dealer would give you.  Maybe you could sell it yourself for $26 and maybe you couldn't.  this time of year until next spring may be tough.....Then there is the 'convenience' factor.  Trade it in, ride out of there on a new bike (assuming that is what you have for intentions) and let them do the waiting.  The stealers don't stay in business by making you money.....although there are some who just want to make a little bit and turn bikes.  Those dealers are out there.  but so are the grease-balls.  All have to make some profit or they would not be willing to keep their businesses open and we would have no businesses.  We'd eat the whole cost of our new bikes (worst case scenario) because they would take no trades.  Notice they don't take trades on refrigerators or stereo equipment for new bikes??  Or even cool cars.  Just bikes for bikes.  You can try to squeeze every last dime out of your trade and possibly grow wearrrrrrrrry of the long wait...........or bite the bullet.  Not sure what any of these things will be worth one day.  All this electronic crap may not be appealing in 10 years at all.  Something from 1936 will always be a treasure.  But you must decide.   Pork.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 09:11:11 PM »

Just remembered, in my dealership the other day they had a 2011 red/slate with 2500 miles and they wanted $26,099 for it.  Looked like a million bucks.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 09:16:40 PM »

I agree with Jasray; they are not your friend.  When I traded for the 2012 I probably called 25-30 dealers and there were only maybe 2 or 3 that were in the running.  One in arizona wanted $16,000 difference for my '11 and i could "arrange to ship it however I wanted"  What a blood-sucker!  Most were in the 20-22,000 range.  I settled for $24K and wrote a check for $7500 and my trade.  No kidding.  And felt like I did ok.  Maybe I did and maybe I didn't.   Again, you have to make the choice.   Pork.

MontereyJack

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 11:40:54 PM »

My bike has 2500 miles is was the bike that Corbin used to do the R&D work to build the seat for the CVO soft tail and is the bike used on Corbins website. I have V&H slip ons and thats it. bike has never been in the rain and stored inside. The condition is perfect

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 12:04:07 AM »

None of my business, but if you would like to share, why do you want to sell or trade your bike?
Inquiring minds would like to know..

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 20 queries.