Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Good news on V/H exhaust systems for Breakout  (Read 30842 times)

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Good news on V/H exhaust systems for Breakout
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2013, 05:01:14 PM »

Hey guys, the o2 sensor angle on these pipes seem to be exzactly like the stock pipe and the
wires ran in the same location. I installed these pipes myself and found these to be the
easiest install ever. sorry for the bad pic i posted earlier but im a bit new to this and my
bike is now in storage. I will post another attempt at a better pic soon.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2013, 05:06:31 PM »

OK,

here it is.  Marshall was on vacation, but I talked to Tom in service, who also got one of his techs and a parts guy together on the phone with me that were very familiar with the install(really helpful folks!).

They dropped the o2 sensors-that's how they got it to work.  He confirmed that the o2's on the breakout would not fit on the Rocker part number,  2-2 exhaust, both from a size and angle perspective.  so they did the "bung" install on the exhaust so the ECU would have something to read for the Power Commander tuner they put on the bike....

So I guess the guys at V/H support are correct.....

I think if they had gotten the fitment part for the 2012-2013 Softail instead of the Rocker(which uses the pre-2012 o2 sensors) the o2's would have probably worked, BUT I bet the hangers would not connect in the right place, hence the reason they went with the Rocker fitement and dropped the O2's, perhaps?

A couple of months more for me I guess...so close!
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2013, 05:13:54 PM »

Hey guys, the o2 sensor angle on these pipes seem to be exzactly like the stock pipe and the
wires ran in the same location. I installed these pipes myself and found these to be the
easiest install ever. sorry for the bad pic i posted earlier but im a bit new to this and my
bike is now in storage. I will post another attempt at a better pic soon.

HA!   OK, so I am confused again. Good info deluxe..... I know that you used the fitment on the V/H website for the 2012-2013 Softail.  I remember your post awhile back and the part number was #28019. 
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2013, 05:18:30 PM »

I am going to uncover my bike and try some better pics for you guys.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2013, 05:19:23 PM »

I am going to uncover my bike and try some better pics for you guys.

PLEASE DO!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2013, 05:25:41 PM »

Hey, we need to all get on a conference call!

OK, so I know that cbdeluxe's part number matches the 2012-2013 V/H fitment for Softail for the 2-1.

I just went to J/P cycles.  They confirm on their website that both the Big Radius 2-1, and 2-2 part numbers for 2012-2013 Softails will fit my bike.

I'm taking one for the team   ;D  I just ordered the BR 2-2 from Dennis Kirk.....V/H part #26059

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2013, 05:35:25 PM »

Hey Z, what changed your mind about the 2 into 1? I had the 2 into 2 on a rocker and they are
friggen loud, plus you lose a little bottom end.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2013, 05:43:35 PM »

OK, so I know that cbdeluxe's part number matches the 2012-2013 V/H fitment for Softail for the 2-1.

I just went to J/P cycles.  They confirm on their website that both the Big Radius 2-1, and 2-2 part numbers for 2012-2013 Softails will fit my bike.

I'm taking one for the team   ;D  I just ordered the BR 2-2 from Dennis Kirk.....V/H part #26059

Wow....at least we will find out soon?  When would you put them on or have them installed?

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2013, 05:52:16 PM »

Good Luck Z!!!  I have decided to go with the Bassani Road Rage Short. I love the V/H's but the Bassani won my eyes.
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2013, 05:55:09 PM »

Hey CB,  it was the "photoshopped" picture of the Breakout 2-2 that V/H put in their 2013 catalog, as well as the "live" pix that Born2Breakout posted in this thread.  I then looked in the catalog of a 2-1 mounted on a Softial.  It covers up the oil lines and more of the rear wheel than I would like.  The 2-2 drops down under the oil lines on the Breakout and ends just at the edge of the rear wheel.

My wife and I saw the pic that Born posted and both said "it's got to be the 2-2".

I hear what you are saying about power, but the bike is stock with 2-2, and the V/H 2-2 is larger diameter than stock, so would I really lose anything from a torque or power perspective?

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2013, 05:58:34 PM »

Wow....at least we will find out soon?  When would you put them on or have them installed?

DK will ship UPS today(free shipping!), and they say they will arrive Tuesday, 1/15....I will get them installed Thu or Fri of next week....

I figure, if there is an issue, the most I am out is $30 or so to ship them back.....
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:03:42 PM by Z06_Pilot »

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2013, 07:05:36 PM »

z06- will you do the install or have someone do it?  If someone else does it try and get all the info. regarding any modificatons that had to be done.  Also, have you checked with fuel moto to see if they have a map that should work?

DK will ship UPS today(free shipping!), and they say they will arrive Tuesday, 1/15....I will get them installed Thu or Fri of next week....

I figure, if there is an issue, the most I am out is $30 or so to ship them back.....

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2013, 08:19:10 PM »

z06- will you do the install or have someone do it?  If someone else does it try and get all the info. regarding any modificatons that had to be done.  Also, have you checked with fuel moto to see if they have a map that should work?

I exchanged emails with fuelmoto this afternoon and they said they have some maps already developed for the Breakout and are developing more as we speak.   They gave me some great pricing on the Bassani exhaust/PV2/AT-110B kit that I am going to pull the trigger on.
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2013, 10:37:10 PM »

z06- will you do the install or have someone do it?  If someone else does it try and get all the info. regarding any modificatons that had to be done.  Also, have you checked with fuel moto to see if they have a map that should work?

Hey Dobe,

I am going to have it done at my local HD shop.  Doing exhaust makes me crazy.  I end up with scraped knuckles and throwing tools everywhere !

I am hoping no modifications will be needed.  If they do, I might just send them back and wait for V/H to get their act together.  Guess I will have to see what's required.

I am actually working directly with the support folks at DynoJet regarding a PV tune.  They jumped in right from the beginning with my initial tune.....however the FM folks are great.  Jamie there is on top of the Power Vision product.  It's great to have a choice of two great support organizations to help me out.

DynoJet told me they have a tune for the BR 2-1 and 2-2.  i will be sending them an email this weekend with my original factory tune so they can make the mod for the BR 2-2.

Jeff
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 10:43:55 PM by Z06_Pilot »

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2013, 09:43:46 AM »

Great, just let us know how it goes.  I don't know if I would attempt a full exhaust or not- slip ons I can handle, but a full exhaust, with 02 sensors and all?  Anyway, good luck with it and I hope you have some good weather out there and you can let us know what you think. 

Hey Dobe,

I am going to have it done at my local HD shop.  Doing exhaust makes me crazy.  I end up with scraped knuckles and throwing tools everywhere !

I am hoping no modifications will be needed.  If they do, I might just send them back and wait for V/H to get their act together.  Guess I will have to see what's required.

I am actually working directly with the support folks at DynoJet regarding a PV tune.  They jumped in right from the beginning with my initial tune.....however the FM folks are great.  Jamie there is on top of the Power Vision product.  It's great to have a choice of two great support organizations to help me out.

DynoJet told me they have a tune for the BR 2-1 and 2-2.  i will be sending them an email this weekend with my original factory tune so they can make the mod for the BR 2-2.

Jeff
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.