Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Front Speaker replacements  (Read 23004 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: Front Speaker replacements
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2005, 06:22:33 PM »

Thanks JCZ!
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2005, 08:28:15 PM »

WFP

Here's two pics of the Harley Amp under the 03 tour pak

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2005, 08:31:12 PM »

pic # 2 of amp under tour pak

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2005, 08:35:16 PM »

JCZ wrote that you couldn't have another amp in line with the existing radio.

If that is true then the 03 radio's are different from the 05 radio's cause as you can see there is a Harley Amp mounted under my tour pak on the 03.
The picture is not real clear but I can get the part # if anyone wants it.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2005, 09:54:26 PM »

If that is true then the 03 radio's are different from the 05 radio's cause as you can see there is a Harley Amp mounted under my tour pak on the 03.

SEEG radios are different than regular Electra Glide Classic/Ultra Classic radios and already have a high-output amplifier which is why you CANNOT HAVE ANOTHER AMP IN LINE WITH THE EXISTING RADIO like JC said.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 09:57:03 PM by 103tHunDer »

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2005, 10:43:28 PM »

SEEG radios are different than regular Electra Glide Classic/Ultra Classic radios and already have a high-output amplifier which is why you CANNOT HAVE ANOTHER AMP IN LINE WITH THE EXISTING RADIO like JC said.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2005, 10:49:35 PM »

103T

Was looking at the picture of your radio label.
Just have to wonder if anything electronic is "Made in America", instead of just assembled here?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2005, 10:51:36 PM »

Whoa, I'm calm.  Sorry if the caps sounded like I was screaming.  You're right, the enhanced sound system and the four speakers on your '03 have the SEEG system's butt kicked.  But the fact is, you can't add that amp (or even the rear speakers) to the radio on the SEEGs and I was concerned your post would lead someone to think you could.

I got the Hogtunes, too, but even with those, I'm pretty sure you will still enjoy listening to the system on your '03 better.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2005, 11:13:30 PM »

Brian, thanks for your response!

I have had 7 Dressers in my life and I enjoy the SEEG better than any of the other 6.

I have ridden the 03 Classic only once since getting the SEEG in January.
Even with a better sound system on the 03 "NOTHING" beats the sound of that 103 motor when it's cranking!

I  apologize if it appeared I was leading anyone to think you could add an amp to a SEEG. If ignorance of the facts is BLISS then I'm one Blissful man. That's why I love this site sooooo much. Have a good evening!  

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2005, 01:12:53 AM »

Hey, no sweat!  Sometimes it's easy (at least for me) to misunderstand the "jist" of a given post.  Re-reading my own post, I probably made a bigger deal out of it than I should have. [smiley=oops.gif]

Cheers! [smiley=drink.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2005, 11:38:44 PM »

I'm sorry guys.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 11:46:36 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2005, 11:49:56 PM »

And now, back to the topic............
I got my HOG TUNES put in tonight!  Like all of you have said, hell of a difference in clarity and I think volume, too.

I had to tweak the flanges just a bit, to get them to fit in the cradle that they sit in and still be able to get the screw holes to line up.  Am I the only one that had that issue?  Also, each of my speakers had one of the shorter screws missing from the inside bottom corner on each speaker.  Did you guys have four screws each in your speakers?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2005, 01:55:47 AM »

I had to tweak the flanges just a bit, to get them to fit in the cradle that they sit in and still be able to get the screw holes to line up.

schog

« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2005, 09:33:28 AM »

On Jan 5,2004, 10:10pm JCZ wrote: O.K. just got an email direct from HD Headquarters.  Now this was an email sent to a friend from the "sound" people and it might make more sense to somebody who understands this stuff, so I'll type it verbatum.....

It's technically possible to do what he wants (add rear speakers), but there's no actual 'canned' solution.

Inside the radio, the high power amplifier operates in parallel with the front speaker amps. (The radio is the 2-channel classic with the ESS amplifier added).  The base radio amp is turned on so that someone could potentially add rear speakers.

There are a few issues with actually adding the rear speakersharness:
-A new harness would need to be developed to take the speaker output from the radio to the added rear speakers.
-Fade control:  There would be no fade control (since you are essentially using four front speakers).
-Amp level:  The rear speakers would have power output at the base radio level, (unless you added a two channel ESS rear speaker kit.)

If you pop the fairing off you will see two spade terminals wire tied to the harness near each speaker.  You will need to run these out to rear speakers with the above caveats."

Any feedback from you guys?   I think I actuallly understand it better having re-read it several times in order to type it word for word.  It's coming to me s-l-o-w-l-y!  lol

I am new here. But from reading this post I take it that adding a HD ultra style rear speaker kit, and using the other set of speaker wires under the fairing that this is possible. I have one and tested it briefly and it seems to work.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2005, 10:21:34 AM »

Thanks Shortychog for the correction and welcome to the board.  I stand to be corrected.  I guess I should have clarified that it's not possible to add rear speakers and have true quad stereo sound.  You can do it without the "fade" control (front to rear seperation).

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 24 queries.