Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Zumo 660 installed with NIM on my 2012 CVO Street Glide  (Read 4063 times)

BlackDiamond11

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Re: Zumo 660 installed with NIM on my 2012 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 03:58:04 PM »

Thanks for responding!  Where exactly is the speaker switch that your talking about?  As far as the antenna for the XM, it was still in the box so i dont know why they didnt install this.  Service Department is closed today but they will be getting a call from me tomorrow!  The instructions are very vague as to plug this antenna into.  If I understand this correctly, i would have to remove the battery cover and the battery to plug this in.  This would expose the contacts on the back of the unit which makes no sense to me since it is supposed to be waterproof.  Thanks!!

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 06:10:23 PM »

:worthless:

Sorry just saw that you have a street glide, no speaker switch on the glide. Bad news is the NIM is not designed to work on the glide without wiring modification. See this post it will explain this.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=56934.msg815238

The XM antenna plugs into the USB connector that is on the GPS wiring harness. This connector should be inside the fairing with the other 3 connectors.
Ride It Like You Are Retired

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 10:25:39 PM »

RETIRED! :fireman:

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 10:17:30 AM »

All this information is very disturbing to me!  I just had the Zumo 665 with the NIM wiring installed.  I picked up my bike close to closing and like usual would think that its all up and running.  Once I got home i realized "no antenna connected" for the XM and the voice cancelling is not working on the navigation.  I selected the "NAV" button on my radio and its not working either!!!!  What is the point of the NIM wiring?  And if this doesnt work on SESG's then why does Harley include this on an item that works with the bike when you select the year and model!?!  If this setup would not work the I dont understand why the offer it as an option.  VERY FRUSTRATED!!!
I think the nav promp was for the built in Nav option not the NIM.  The NIM talks to the radio Head Unit via the CAN + and - signaling.  This is what tells the radio to mute and allow the NIM to send ZUMO voice and after complete tells the Radio to unmute and play source.

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 10:22:14 AM »

One thing to check is that your speaker switch is all the way back (light ON). This is required for the NIM to work. Can't help you on the NO antenna. You might want to check to be sure the shop installed the antenna and that it is connected. The XM antenna is included with the 665. The NAV button on the radio does nothing it is an old function, forget about it.
the 2011 and 2012 CVO Street Glides has a different wiring harness than the non CVO model Street Glide.  The NIM Harness must be pulled apart and use the lead that plugs into the NIM and the CAN= and - must be connected into the actual wireing harness. The Audio out wires and positive and GND can go into the 35pin radio connector.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.