Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HELP.. How do I get tunes in my helmet?  (Read 2729 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
HELP.. How do I get tunes in my helmet?
« on: December 03, 2012, 01:09:07 AM »

I spent a fortune upgrading my SERGC sound system (Focal speakers, Arc amp) and I love it but just got the new Schuberth C3 Pro helmet bought it on EBay from the UK, won't be in the US for a few more months) and though I love it, I can't hear voices (football games) clear enough at freeway speeds. I have been wearing a half helmet up to now and the sound has been clear at any speed. It is not a matter of volume, I just lose the ability to hear the clear words when I have the shield all the way down which I have to do at high speeds.
I know Schuberth makes the "in helmet" sound system but I A) don't want the Mic in my face and B) don't want to spend almost $500 for the system when all I really want is the wireless sound and not the "Communicate" ability.
What should I get/do?

Alan

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
Re: HELP.. How do I get tunes in my helmet?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 09:34:45 PM »

I've been looking for the same thing and I've got the Schuberth headset. The intercom sounds OK, but the sound quality of anything musical, SUCKS!  I hope someone will post an answer.
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 08:50:13 AM »

the voices in my head can't sing, so I put the new harley helmet headset in my helmet.  it sounds good, but not as good as the J&M headset.  i use the mic frequently to talk to the other riders via CB radio, but i understand about you not wanting a mic.  when i am riding solo i sometimes wish there was not a mic there, but for me the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 10:48:40 PM »

Call and talk to John at J&M, see if he would sell you his elite style helmet headset without the mike.  If not, the way it is built you can install it and not assembel the mike into it.  It is the best in helmet headset you can get.
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 10:16:07 PM »

I have great headphones (Shure SE 535's) that I use when I travel so I put those on under my helmet and plugged them into my GPS/XM and they worked perfect. They have amazing quality. I am a idiot for not thinking about that before...
http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-earphones/se535-sound-isolating-earphones
Alan

senorjeem

• Starting Out
  • Full CVO Member
  • I SURVIVED THE MAYAN END OF DAYS!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 10:43:25 PM »

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 09:21:17 AM »

I spent a fortune upgrading my SERGC sound system (Focal speakers, Arc amp) and I love it but just got the new Schuberth C3 Pro helmet bought it on EBay from the UK, won't be in the US for a few more months) and though I love it, I can't hear voices (football games) clear enough at freeway speeds. I have been wearing a half helmet up to now and the sound has been clear at any speed. It is not a matter of volume, I just lose the ability to hear the clear words when I have the shield all the way down which I have to do at high speeds.
I know Schuberth makes the "in helmet" sound system but I A) don't want the Mic in my face and B) don't want to spend almost $500 for the system when all I really want is the wireless sound and not the "Communicate" ability.
What should I get/do?

The Schubert uses a add on neck collar for the comm kit.
http://www.schuberth.com/en/motorcycle/src-systemtm-c3-pro.html

The comms are supplied by Cardo. My experience with the Cardo is that for a bike to bike or bike to phone comm it is excellent. For music it sucks.
The "only in the neck collar" equipment and lack of music playback quality is why I ended up with the new Nolan, and at considerably less expense.

Given that the Schubert has room for decent speakers and you are not interested in communicating, the JM seems to be a good choice.

I should add that - although the Nolan with it's built in kit sounds great, once I am up at highway speeds with the associated noise, I start to lose volume and clarity. The best I can tell is due to the speakers not being over the ear canal. Using my Cardo kit in my other helmet, I have the speakers directly over the canal and volume is fine at any speed with minimum adjustment.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:24:12 AM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 20 queries.