Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flying  (Read 922 times)

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
Flying
« on: December 25, 2012, 12:05:07 PM »

Ive been dreaming of getting back into flying. Thinking of joining the local aero club and having the use of theirs. Heres a pic of my Cessna 172 19736. Learned to fly and did first solo in this plane. Perfected the crash & go landing :huepfenlol2:

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Flying
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 01:41:51 PM »

Nice plane! Flying, another black hole for cash! But, if it flips your switch and you have the resources, there are few thrills like it.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 02:52:30 PM »

Flying an airplane is the only thing more fun than riding a motorcycle.  As an owner, the FAA allows for you to perform your own preventive maintenance which is just about everything except performing 100 hour and annual inspections.  This helps keep operational cost down and most aircraft parts aren't any more expensive than H-D parts.  A wise club will try to have an A & P mechanic as a member and allow him to perform the required maintenance in exchange for flight time.
Jesus is Lord

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 09:51:19 PM »

Life is short ... quit dreaming and go do it! I flew one time in my life in a small plane like that ... kinda reminded me of sitting in an old VW Bug thousands of feet in the air. It was cool, but I don't go anywhere unless its on asphalt.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 12:11:20 PM »

Quit dreaming and do it before you get too old or can't pass the medical. I wish that I could pass the medical and fly again. Did many controlled crashes and go arounds. As my instructor told me, " anyone can fly a plane but it takes a pilot to safely land one". I did become a pilot.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 12:29:06 PM »

Quit dreaming and do it before you get too old or can't pass the medical. I wish that I could pass the medical and fly again. Did many controlled crashes and go arounds. As my instructor told me, " anyone can fly a plane but it takes a pilot to safely land one". I did become a pilot.
Mike
 :drink:
yeah, but they frown on a jar of apple pie between your legs while piloting a craft.   :drink:Har!  spyder       
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 12:41:44 PM »

Got my pilots license in 1976. Flying lessons in a Cessna 150, owned a Cessna 182 and currently in a club flying a Dakota. I don't fly as much as I use to with aviation fuel in the $6.00 range.  It's a great feeling, go for it, we're not getting any younger.

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 01:12:26 PM »

I would love to learn to fly and get my license. That is a beautiful Cessna you have  :2vrolijk_21:  I really like the yellow.  Good luck with your decision.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »

Ive been dreaming of getting back into flying. Thinking of joining the local aero club and having the use of theirs. Heres a pic of my Cessna 172 19736. Learned to fly and did first solo in this plane. Perfected the crash & go landing :huepfenlol2:

Van,

Three simple words..."Go For It"!!!!  As a matter of fact fly it over here and visit those relatives of yours in GA.  I will ride up and visit too!

:2vrolijk_21:

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 10:17:29 PM »

Three simple words?   No way!  I have five:  Can I have a ride!?    :huepfenjump3:   :bananarock:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »

Three simple words?   No way!  I have five:  Can I have a ride!?    :huepfenjump3:   :bananarock:

You need to ride with Van a lot more before you would even consider FLYING with him! I would love to fly, but the pilot better have an attention span greater than me.
Van, remember the CHP officer that followed you for 5+ miles? We watched it the whole time at a speed high enough to lose my license! LOOK IN YOUR MIRROR!

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 11:45:45 PM »

Airplanes dont have mirrors! Theres also no speed limit. We also flew sailplanes for awhile. They dont have motors! I think for all of us thrill seekers that flying rates right up there with bikes. Im pretty sure you can get an intro flight or first lesson for about $150. High wing and low wing planes both have advantages but i always like the high wing. Your very first lesson you will be in control the entire time except for take off and landing.
V

White Lite

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 06:08:34 PM »

One of my racquetball buddies has two planes, I believe he also allows them for training and rental; this helps to reduce their ownership costs. He bought a Cirrus (it has a rearloaded rocket parachute) a few years ago, and has had a Cub for years.  The Cirrus is like riding in my car, the Cub is like riding on my Harley (way more fun).  If you have the time and the funds, get your license, flying is as fun, and safer then riding!!  Good luck!
2012 Street Glide in Tequila Orange

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 20 queries.