Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Forceflow cooling fan  (Read 17368 times)

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
Re: Forceflow cooling fan
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2013, 05:16:20 PM »

Also remember that the Wards fans utilizes the through hole in the cylinder head (behind the spark plug) to help with the cooling. Some want form some want function, I want as much of both as I can get.

I have looked at all the available cylinder head cooling fans that I can find (not many) and there is no "one" fan that has even close to the following and positive reviews of the Wards fans. There is only one review on the Jim's product site and claiming up to a 100* temp drop is simply ridicules. None of the other fan makers have even posted any testing data (that I have seen). There isn't hardly any conversation about any of the others and in most forum threads the main reason for purchasing one other than Wards is because they didn't want to wait.

Everyone is going to have a different opinion but I think the Forceflow is Fuuuugly...........

We rode to Fayetteville, NC last Saturday, I didn't have my fans turned on. We were sitting at a street light (third in a row) and my bike went into save my azz mode, one of our riding buddies that was along side of me said "did that thing just go into exhaust mode" I said yup, a few seconds later his went into safe mode as well. We got to the restaurant and he said "I told you those fans weren't worth buying". I told him that they weren't on, of course he said "yeah right".
I said OK pal come with me, went to my bike and started it, within a couple of minutes it went into safe mode. I showed him that the fans were turned off and made him watch me turn them on, within less than the same two minutes it went out of safe mode. I told him to show me how he could do that with his bike. I made him buy me a beer for calling me a liar and then he said he was going to order a set when he got home, LOL.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 08:33:44 AM »

Also remember that the Wards fans utilizes the through hole in the cylinder head (behind the spark plug) to help with the cooling. Some want form some want function, I want as much of both as I can get.

I have looked at all the available cylinder head cooling fans that I can find (not many) and there is no "one" fan that has even close to the following and positive reviews of the Wards fans. There is only one review on the Jim's product site and claiming up to a 100* temp drop is simply ridicules. None of the other fan makers have even posted any testing data (that I have seen). There isn't hardly any conversation about any of the others and in most forum threads the main reason for purchasing one other than Wards is because they didn't want to wait.

Everyone is going to have a different opinion but I think the Forceflow is Fuuuugly...........

We rode to Fayetteville, NC last Saturday, I didn't have my fans turned on. We were sitting at a street light (third in a row) and my bike went into save my azz mode, one of our riding buddies that was along side of me said "did that thing just go into exhaust mode" I said yup, a few seconds later his went into safe mode as well. We got to the restaurant and he said "I told you those fans weren't worth buying". I told him that they weren't on, of course he said "yeah right".
I said OK pal come with me, went to my bike and started it, within a couple of minutes it went into safe mode. I showed him that the fans were turned off and made him watch me turn them on, within less than the same two minutes it went out of safe mode. I told him to show me how he could do that with his bike. I made him buy me a beer for calling me a liar and then he said he was going to order a set when he got home, LOL.
Just pulled the trigger this morning and orderred the Wards Parts Werks Fans and Thermal Switch from Jason  :2vrolijk_21: will keep you all posted!
Warlock, do you think its worth adding the lower temperature Thermostat from Jason to my HD Premium Cooler?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 08:40:30 AM by Charlie »
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 08:36:21 AM »

I don't have any person experience with this, yet. I am still planning my oil cooler system, I will be incorporating his lower temp thermostate into my system though. Everything I have read so far say's it helps.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 08:41:07 AM »

I don't have any person experience with this, yet. I am still planning my oil cooler system, I will be incorporating his lower temp thermostate into my system though. Everything I have read so far Say's it helps.
Ordered one anyway! all what Jason is saying seems to make perfect sense! it can only help especially out here in Dubai! its pretty dam hot!!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

Re: Jims New Forceflow Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2013, 07:21:51 AM »

Hi Guys,

I have just received my Wards Cooling Fans, in Chrome with Stainless Grills,
May i say i am very, very impressed with my first impression! the quality and look far surpassed what i expected!             
Cant comment on the performance yet as i cant get them fitted till the 13th, as my bikes in for some other mods,
Will keep you all updated!

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2013, 07:25:52 AM »

Hi Guys,

I have just received my Wards Cooling Fans, in Chrome with Stainless Grills,
May i say i am very, very impressed with my first impression! the quality and look far surpassed what i expected!             
Cant comment on the performance yet as i cant get them fitted till the 13th, as my bikes in for some other mods,
Will keep you all updated!

Bigkoh58

• CVO1: 2007 FLHX / 103
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3
Cylinder Head Cooler
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2013, 08:38:55 PM »

Has anyone tried JIMS Forceflow Cylinder Head Cooler ?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Cylinder Head Cooler
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2013, 09:53:53 PM »

Has anyone tried JIMS Forceflow Cylinder Head Cooler ?

Your post/thread has been merged w/existing threads regarding this product.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=82496.0

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=81545.0
They have been d00dmerged. ;) ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Cylinder Head Cooler
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2013, 10:12:50 PM »

Your post/thread has been merged w/existing threads regarding this product.
They have been d00dmerged. ;) ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Was feeling my inner Dood so had to do it.  On another note, there's a huge penis on Mars.  Rovers "Spirit" and "Opportunity" criss crossed tracks early on and made these tracks.  There is, of course, no way some NASA engineer did this accidentally-on-purpose. 

HD Jim

• Full CVO Member
  • 110ci of fun

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2013, 11:25:32 PM »

Just got my Wards Parts Werks fans installed with the thermal switch.  Not real hot here yet but operation seems to be great.  About 70 here today.  Fans cycled as expected and all work looks very professional.  Oil pressure seems to stay higher longer with them running.   :)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2013, 11:56:54 PM »

Got mine on ! they are great :2vrolijk_21:
Also went with the Performance Machine Merc Horn Cover, i think it looks more balanced with the Fans! IMO
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 01:37:30 AM by Charlie »

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2013, 01:22:46 AM »

Another shot of the Fans on my Bike!

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2013, 06:50:26 AM »

Hey Charlie, they look good :2vrolijk_21:

Let us know how you find them to be now you've got them on compared to before the install

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2013, 09:36:16 PM »

Hi Longlast,

Went for a couple of hours riding yesterday, the weather is hot over here as you can imagine, presently about 38 to 40C
Switched on the fans and purposely took the Beach Road! a road i would usually avoid! great parade road that runs between Dubai Marina and the sea, about 5k long, lots of small roundabouts and speed humps about every 300m, lots of traffic! you never get over 10mph on this road and it takes at least 20 mins to get to the end! One thing i can tell you is this is the first time i have ever done this run without the bike going into safe mode!
My first impression is, i love the Fans, easy to install, the quality is superb, they look fantastic and they also do exactly what they are supposed too, cool the heads!
I would also like to add that the customer service from Jason (Wards Parts Werks) was second to none, he must never sleep as even with the time differences we have with the States he responded to all my mails within a couple of hours!
When i get more time i will do some propper tests but for now i am very happy,

Highly recommended,

Cheers,
Charlie
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:40:38 PM by Charlie »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 24 queries.