Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Forceflow cooling fan  (Read 17200 times)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
Re: Forceflow cooling fan
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »

If you all get American bagger, they do the install in the December issue. The Jim's airflow system has a thermostat that you connect and it turns the fan on and off as needed. You can also bypass that option and use a switch. I was kind of surprised at how extensive that install is as they take off the head bolt and tank to route the wiring. I like the looks and although I am not a NASCAR fan, these units are used to cool the NASCAR brakes. I am sure at 200 + MPH, those brakes are red hot! I also like that the Jim's fan is incorporated into the horn and the horn looks good.

Just my $.02

Thanks Glenncrap,
Love the look of the forceflow and the performance look unbelievable! just cant seem to find any reviews that are not advertising!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

wreckman 42

• Full CVO Member
Jims New Forceflow Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 09:22:18 PM »

Has anyone bought and installed the Jims forceflow cooling fan? Little pricey but looks to be a quality product and if it helps on those traffic jams I might just spring for one. Made in the US too.
1956 FL Panhead
2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade
2003 Heritage Softail
2009 SE Ultra Classic

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
Re: Jims New Forceflow Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 12:20:13 AM »

I have been considering this also,

Two problems!
Cant find stock of the polished option (no chrome option)
Cant find anyone who has installed one for a review! (would have tried it myself and give a review i polished was available)

If you want to try one the cheapest place i found was directcycleparts.com who had the Silver, Black or Contrast Cut for about $360
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 02:36:08 AM »

I have been considering this also,

Two problems!
Cant find stock of the polished option (no chrome option)
Cant find anyone who has installed one for a review! (would have tried it myself and give a review i polished was available)

If you want to try one the cheapest place i found was directcycleparts.com who had the Silver, Black or Contrast Cut for about $360

Wreckman, when I googled it, I saw a chrome one on eBay.  $465 from RKCycles(?).  Ouch!  :'(  May be a new option that hasn't made it to directcycleparts website yet.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 06:55:51 AM »

$460 a bit on the heavy side!
was willing to try it from directcycleparts, if they have started with the Chrome will wait and see what they will do them for?
Thanks, Charlie

wreckman 42

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 12:05:35 PM »

I was wondering what polished meant as well. I can assume it is not chrome but polished alumn.
I would like to try one but need chrome and not paying more that 375.00. Probably should just get a Lenale and be done with it.
What kind of cooling fan is everyone else running? I am planning on a trip trough the west this summer and the 110 gets pretty hot setting in any traffic very long.
1956 FL Panhead
2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade
2003 Heritage Softail
2009 SE Ultra Classic

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 05:26:08 PM »

http://wardspartswerks.com/cooling-fans.html
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/713596-built-the-best-engine-cooling-system-again.html

These work awesome and are an attractive (my opinion) addition. Colors as well as chrome.
I think he has stock for the colors and is only a couple of weeks out for chrome.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 11:00:50 PM »

Damn, Warlock!  Is that a Persian rug you park your 'sickle on?  I'm afraid you've passed obsessive and are well on your way to nuckin' futs.  :huepfenjump3:

Those Ward's fans are looking like the ones I will pick up this spring.  How are they working for you?  Have you taken any temp readings to see how they're working?  The JIMS are interesting, this is the first time I've seen them.  I'd like to hear some firsthand feedback.

These motors have been working just fine for years without fans, so I wonder if the fans are a waste of money.  On the other hand, the 110s are cooking us riders, and 300+ degrees can't be good for any motor.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 10:06:26 AM »

My wife told me the rug in the living room was starting to look dirty and she wanted to get it out of there, I said, OK........ She came home the next day and immediately said where the hell is the rug, I said it's in the garage, you said you wanted it gone. She went in the garage and came back laughing her butt off and of course called me an a zz hole  :nixweiss:

I have not taken temp readings, there is enough verification in the thread on the link I posted above.

My main concern was with the added compression and the EITMS kicking on very often when in stop and go traffic or stuck in traffic. I do not agree that these things should see temps high enough to go into the heat management mode.
Following installing the fans I intentionally tried to get the heat management mode to kick on, I couldn't get it to come on. Then I turned the fans off, let it sit idling and as always the hmm quickly kicked on, I turned the fans back on and in less than couple of minutes the hmm went off. That's what I was looking for and that's good enough for me. This alone tells me that it has to be running cooler pretty much all the time.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

icufltrn

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 fltruse
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 08:49:01 PM »

I have the wardpartwerx fans in granite with chrome screens, I think they are great. The eitms was always kicking on prior to the install and haven't been on since.  Jason is great with customer service and ships very quickly.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:10:46 AM by icufltrn »

wreckman 42

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 10:37:20 PM »

I decided to craft my own cooling system as it is not that hard if you have a mill and a lathe. Fans are cheep and the rest is just a bit of work but what the heck its winter.
1956 FL Panhead
2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade
2003 Heritage Softail
2009 SE Ultra Classic

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 02:02:04 PM »

I decided to craft my own cooling system as it is not that hard if you have a mill and a lathe. Fans are cheep and the rest is just a bit of work but what the heck its winter.

Post some pics when you're finished ... I'd like to see them. A fan/fans has been on my wish list for a while, but not real close to the top. I think my bike has only gone into heat management mode once for the almost two years I've had it. Fans would be nice for peace of mind, but like most here I don't subject my bike to those conditions too often ... at least not intentionally.

If I ever do eventually get them ... I love how the Ward setup turned out, that guy went through alot to make a top-notch product and I would gladly hand him my money.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

icufltrn

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 04:08:37 PM »

Here's the wards fans in granite.

They work great and the price is very reasonable. Jason is really great to work with.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 04:32:15 PM »

Here's the wards fans in granite.

They work great and the price is very reasonable. Jason is really great to work with.

Yes, I was impressed with him even though I don't know him from a bar of soap. I read everything on his site and was impressed how thorough he was obtaining and recording all the temp. variances ... I like guys that are nit-picks because that's exactly how I am. Those look great and I really like your cup holder ... how much and where did you get it?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:35:41 PM by Phantom309 »
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

icufltrn

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 07:07:56 PM »

The cup holder is a Kruzer Kaddy that came with a handlebar mount. It cost around $50 online. I just left the handlebar mount off and drilled a hole in my locking doors. It works pretty well but the can or bottle blows out once it is empty on the highway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 24 queries.