Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: From Chubby to Yaffee  (Read 4101 times)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: From Chubby to Yaffee
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 07:45:39 AM »

Very Nice Look!  The bars clearly focus the attention to that area, and the rest of the bike is incredibly sharp as well.  Thanks for the info.  I was thinking of adding a few inches in grip height because I'm 5' 14", and the stock bars feel a hair too low.  The stock bars have worked so far during most of my short hops, but hoping for some longer rides this year.

I pull Telecom cable, would this work: drop a beaded chain (from a ceiling fan) thru the bars, tape a parachute twine to that and pull that thru with the chain, then pull the wires thru using the stronger twine.  There is also cable pulling lube sold in the electrical department of Home Depot/Lowe's.

I've never heard of 5' 14".  :nixweiss:  Maybe 6' 2".  :P
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 10:45:56 AM »

How are the fairing mt mirrors with the new bars?    Nothing in the way?

Before I decided on these bars, I read on several different forums that with 10" bars the fairing mounted mirrors are useless but with 12" bars the fairing mounted mirrors were fine.  Just sitting on the bike in the garage, it appears that I only have partial visibility.  I'm going to put some miles on them before I decide.

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Texas Fat Boy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 10:50:18 AM »

Here is a pic of the 575's taken last summer.  Sure looks like the Yaffee's are more than 2" taller.

Cowboy

I'm 6' and here are my 575's on my 2009 (and they are rasied as high as they will go)

Here are my 12" krome Werks (and I have them pulled back slightly)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 11:06:15 AM »

I'm 6' and here are my 575's on my 2009 (and they are rasied as high as they will go)

Here are my 12" krome Werks (and I have them pulled back slightly)

Yep, that's the same thing that I noticed.  They sure look and feel more than 2 inches taller than the 575's.  My Yaffee's are slightly pulled back to make room for the angled Zumo and that's also where they felt the best.

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 09:36:13 AM »

Man that looks good. I got the same bars and I think they are great. No back pain for me. I have long arms, but I am 5'10". I can use my my fairing mirrors just fine. It does take some getting used to.
 You said your ABS light is on? I don't think it will go off till you move and get up to a certain mph. I may be wrong on that.
 Anyway, good job. They are a pain to install.
 Ray
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:46:53 PM by sgracer »
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 04:49:34 PM »

Man that loks good. I got the same bars and I think they are great. No back pain for me. I have long arms, but I am 5'10". I can use my my fairing mirrors just fine. It does take some getting used to.
 You said your ABS light is on? I don't think it will go off till you move and get up to a certain mph. I may be wrong on that.
 Anyway, good job. They are a pain to install.
 Ray
ABS light flashes until you get over 3mph

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

CVO Brian

• Full CVO Member
  • Baggers- Not just for grandpa anymore

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Orange and Black
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 05:29:55 PM »

When I did my YAffe on my Street Glide. The ABS light stayed on until I took it to the dealer and they bled them again and used something to by pass the 5mph thing. Not sure if they corrected this on the newer bikes. Hopefully so. Yaffe bars are awesome but yes PITA and I wasnt sure how they would look on an Ultra so I opted for the 578's.
Looks great, god job on the install
V&H True Duals
Rinehart 4" Chrome Pipes
Trucklite ph 7 w/ passing lamps
Pollished front rotors
SE Race Tuner
SE Chisel Air Cleaner
Wild1 Chubby 578 10" Bars
TP Removal System
CVO SG Stretch Bags and Rear Fender
CVO SG 110 Derby Cover

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 06:01:12 PM »

5'-8" tall and I love my 12" Yafee bars!

Pain in the old backside to install but well worth it.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 08:23:49 PM »

5'-8" tall and I love my 12" Yafee bars!

Pain in the old backside to install but well worth it.
I wonder if the 12's would be ok for me I am only 5'6".

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »

Depends how you like to ride. At 5'-8" I'm fairly stretched out but I like it that way. Plus I have them all the way forward.

Somebody asked about seeing out of the fairing mirrors with the 12" bars. No problem at all.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 08:57:40 PM »

I am 5'6" and just did 10". I have the fairing mounted mirrors with the spots in them. I have not been able to ride yet because of NH weather, but in the shop they feel good and the mirrors seem usable. I hate the thought of having to remove the fairing mirrors but time will tell!!
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 12:35:16 PM »

The Wild One Chubby 575's are much better bars than stock, but I was still reaching down and was killing my back on long road trips.  I decided to try the Paul Yaffee Originals 12" Monkey Bagger Bars.  

They are definitely more difficult to install.  Much harder to pull the wires around the sharp corner.  In addition, you need to get new clutch and brake lines.  Both of these lines required bleeding which is also a PITA and messy

I was concerned, from threads that I've read, that the Zumo 665 would be blocked by the bars.  I purchased a swivel for the Zumo from Crutchfield that angled the Zumo where I pretty much have full visibility.

I just finished the install, so I haven't had a chance to try them out.  Sitting on the bike, my arms are now level which should help my back.  I also thought they looked pretty good.

Here are a few pics.

Cowboy

Cowboy,

Look great....I was wondering what was the part number for the GPS swivel you used.

Thanks.

Cat
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:37:40 PM by Cat Eyes »

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 12:46:16 PM »

I ordered the swivel from Crutchfield.  It is called the Pro Fit E-Z-1026 and the price was 14.99 which includes tax and shipping.

Cowboy

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 04:51:04 PM »

I am 5'6" and just did 10". I have the fairing mounted mirrors with the spots in them. I have not been able to ride yet because of NH weather, but in the shop they feel good and the mirrors seem usable. I hate the thought of having to remove the fairing mirrors but time will tell!!
Are you reaching up, down, or about even with your shoulders? Do you have them rolled back?

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 07:48:32 PM »

Are you reaching up, down, or about even with your shoulders? Do you have them rolled back?

I rolled them as far forward as they would go without touching the fairing. My arms are very close to level, if anything my hands may be an inch or two lower than my shoulders.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:50:37 PM by krypto2011 »
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.