Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 103 Breakout coming ?  (Read 2527 times)

Dell boy

• Junior CVO Member
103 Breakout coming ?
« on: February 03, 2013, 03:11:35 PM »

Just had a chat with my local dealer principle and he tells me HD will be bringing out a 103 Breakout within the next few weeks. He heard that theres been a delay in releasing it as they have had some issues with the wheels.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
Re: 103 Breakout coming ?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 04:46:21 PM »

I doubt that is accurate- it has been advertised as a CVO all along.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 05:25:37 PM »

I heard a similar thing from my local dealer about a month ago. 2013.5 model Breakout to  be announced at February dealer meeting...

Who knows might be true :nixweiss:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 05:52:17 PM »

Hope they don't offer the same colors, if it is true :nixweiss:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 06:32:48 PM »

I heard that a new Fatboy is comeing  and that the Breakout is not going over well.......

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 07:28:19 PM »

I heard that a new Fatboy is comeing  and that the Breakout is not going over well.......
Really!?  The Breakout is sought after...big time!

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 08:37:21 PM »

Really!?  The Breakout is sought after...big time!

That's what I've heard.  Dealer claims he could sell every one of them he can get --they already sold the two CVOs they were allotted.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 01:46:03 AM »

Well the Breakout defiantly sold out in England before it was officially released over 20 people put down there £1000 deposit only to be told two week's later sorry they have sold out Imagine that !! and all that before anybody had seen one in the flesh           

gmeikle

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Diamond Black
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 03:28:35 AM »

Remember back in the days of the launch of the Rocker.

Here in Australia at least , much hype ensued. 12 to 18 month waiting list.

Folks "selling" their place in the queue and all that bullchit.

By the end of the Rocker run you could buy your choice of colour ( sorry "color" !) off the showroom floor !!

Dealers threw pipes and air cleaners into the deal to move them at the end.

However ALL the CVO Breakouts are " pre-sold " here in Australia supposedly , or is it Deja-Vu HYPE again ??
No illegitimi carborundum

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 08:20:50 AM »

Local dealer had delivered two Breakouts.  Both were sold before they hit the floor.

He has a waiting list for them. 

Saw the red one in person at the dealer,  Wow it looks great and those wheels are very nice.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 08:54:40 AM »

Such is the Harley market that they could announce a new V-Twin powered lawn mower and those who live and breath Harley would rush right out and plunk down some cash to be first in line.  Eventually you run out of those kinds of people and then you find out if any particular offering really has long term viability in the broader market.  I would expect things to be no different for the Breakout.  If sales are still strong after the first year or two, then you can start to make assumptions.  But proclaiming a model to be a success based on six months of data and the fact a local dealer presold the two he was allocated is a stretch at best.

I'll be surprised if this model still exists in it's current form two years from now.  Harley will most likely dig out some other tins from the parts bin and once more "reinvent" the Softail.  They aren't totally stupid, they know they can generate the hype and initial surge of sales every time they do another styling tweak.  Hanging different fenders and tanks and seats on the same old chassis has been effective for them in the past, I assume they will continue in that manner until it no longer works.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 10:46:52 AM »

If you think about it there isn't a whole lot you can do to totally reinvent "The Harley".  Different color schemes, combinations of parts, ect.  Look at a similar model from 20 years  ago and they basically look the same.  There are always of course technological advances (which aren't always for the best), but I don't think the general look of bikes is ever going to change all that much. With that all being said, I still don't think they will come out with a mid-model year Breakout (and I hope they don't-those of us that have one bought one with the intention of it being a unique and limited bike). 

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 11:30:20 AM »

If you think about it there isn't a whole lot you can do to totally reinvent "The Harley".  Different color schemes, combinations of parts, ect.  Look at a similar model from 20 years  ago and they basically look the same.  There are always of course technological advances (which aren't always for the best), but I don't think the general look of bikes is ever going to change all that much. With that all being said, I still don't think they will come out with a mid-model year Breakout (and I hope they don't-those of us that have one bought one with the intention of it being a unique and limited bike). 

I don't see how they could...I heard the only reason they made the Breakout was because of a surplus of leftover Rocker parts. They probably needed to do something because of the 110th anniversary, so they just used what was left of the Rocker parts.  There was probably on 1900 made because that was how many Rocker frames were left.  Either way, I doubt there will be a "regular" Breakout....and I believe it's only for this year.  Time will tell, and there will. E another limited and hyped CVO.

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 11:39:20 AM »

I find it difficult to believe that a dealer in Europe would have the inside track on what Harley is going to do in releasing a mid-year 2013.5 Breakout.  HD has there dealer meetings in August/Sept every year.  Have they ever had one in February before? :beatnik:

IMO if they did try to release a 103 Breakout model, I believe it would "tank" as it would be a poser.
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 11:44:43 AM »

...  Have they ever had one in February before? :beatnik:

Feb. every year as far back as I know...
Big Lew
IBA #595
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.