Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: CFR Knock Offs? Where to get them?  (Read 17637 times)

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
Re: CFR Knock Offs? Where to get them?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 07:30:32 PM »

Kind of hard to argue with Steve when he's right.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

+1 

If you believe that CFR's are hard to tune and a knockoff is a copy of the original, what kind of problems do you think you will have with those.  Whether they are cheaper or not??  Just saying...

Another excellent point.

And with all the tuning time and $$ spent (wasted) on the fake CFR's you could have the OEM.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 10:56:04 AM »

My original post was a question, I NEVER asked for opinions.  Someone on the site mentioned he had CFR knockoffs for whatever reason, maybe they couldn't afford the real deal at the time...I don't know.  I remembered that thread and asked a simple question, I asked where to get them so I could investigate???  I wanted to keep my mouth shut and let this thread die a slow death but unfortunately I continue to ge a bunch of self rightous opinions that I never asked for,that I shouldn't consider spending my money on a knockoff copy of someones product that may or may not be made in China.  The problems much deeper than that and it starts from the top, if we want to complain about injustice, then start with your local Senator or Congressman because their the ones selling us out!  But the thing thats starting to get my goad is the hypocrisy i'm reading.  This is a great site, and we are all intitled to our opinions EVEN thouth I didn't ask for any and I've listened and kept quiet.  I asked a question, not for a lesson on ethics because I was considering that it made sense to try something for $200 versus making $630 mistake.  Since only one person answered the question and the rest were opinions, heres mine. If you never bought a copy in your life you have a right to make a statement.  This would included downloading music or movies that were copyright by someone else.  Bought a product that was the original engineering and design of someone else that minor modifications were made and resold or bought.  Used someone elses trademark to make product and re-sell them and line your pockets with money.  My favorite, buy American then drive a foreign vehicle , have a Sony TV or some other product made in Japan, Mexico, or China, or better yet look at the parts of whats made in America and see the % of that product that is either made in a foreign country or consists of parts manufactured in a foreign country.

I asked a simple frickng question, I replied respectfully to Steve that I understand his position....made sense.  I never asked for a sudden judgement of ethics nor did I ask for anyones opinion! :jack:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:32:34 AM by Rio »
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Don B

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 11:26:03 AM »

Good points made by all, now is a good time to let this topic die. Thanks.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 03:18:52 PM »

My original post was a question, I NEVER asked for opinions.  Someone on the site mentioned he had CFR knockoffs for whatever reason, maybe they couldn't afford the real deal at the time...I don't know.  I remembered that thread and asked a simple question, I asked where to get them so I could investigate???  I wanted to keep my mouth shut and let this thread die a slow death but unfortunately I continue to ge a bunch of self rightous opinions that I never asked for,that I shouldn't consider spending my money on a knockoff copy of someones product that may or may not be made in China.  The problems much deeper than that and it starts from the top, if we want to complain about injustice, then start with your local Senator or Congressman because their the ones selling us out!  But the thing thats starting to get my goad is the hypocrisy i'm reading.  This is a great site, and we are all intitled to our opinions EVEN thouth I didn't ask for any and I've listened and kept quiet.  I asked a question, not for a lesson on ethics because I was considering that it made sense to try something for $200 versus making $630 mistake.  Since only one person answered the question and the rest were opinions, heres mine. If you never bought a copy in your life you have a right to make a statement.  This would included downloading music or movies that were copyright by someone else.  Bought a product that was the original engineering and design of someone else that minor modifications were made and resold or bought.  Used someone elses trademark to make product and re-sell them and line your pockets with money.  My favorite, buy American then drive a foreign vehicle , have a Sony TV or some other product made in Japan, Mexico, or China, or better yet look at the parts of whats made in America and see the % of that product that is either made in a foreign country or consists of parts manufactured in a foreign country.

I asked a simple frickng question, I replied respectfully to Steve that I understand his position....made sense.  I never asked for a sudden judgement of ethics nor did I ask for anyones opinion! :jack:

:furious: :argue:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 09:26:48 PM »

This is a very perplexing topic since one could argue that the entire aftermarket is "knock off" stuff regardless of where its made, right????..... :nixweiss:

In the free enterprise system we all live under here in the US it is up to each individual to decide how and where they want to spend their hard earned money and I don't see the benefit of anybody rediculing another member because of their personal choices.

The OP simply asked where to buy something, maybe it could have been worded differently but the point is he asked for helped not opinions or to be called out in open forum.

The better way to handle it if anyone had their panties in a bunch would have been by PM.  (Homer's included).

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 09:44:47 AM »

This is a very perplexing topic since one could argue that the entire aftermarket is "knock off" stuff regardless of where its made, right????..... :nixweiss:

In the free enterprise system we all live under here in the US it is up to each individual to decide how and where they want to spend their hard earned money and I don't see the benefit of anybody rediculing another member because of their personal choices.

The OP simply asked where to buy something, maybe it could have been worded differently but the point is he asked for helped not opinions or to be called out in open forum.

The better way to handle it if anyone had their panties in a bunch would have been by PM.  (Homer's included).

Thank you, I found them at American Classic Cycle for $199.00 and I bought them.  If I don't like them or I have an issue tuning them, I will give them away for free, if I like them, I will more than likely buy the real deal CFR mufflers.  THis being said, PLEASE, no more replies, let this one die!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

hnd2hnd

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 10:32:32 PM »

Ok guys.. the next time you go to your local Harley dealership... I challenge you to try and find some GENUINE Harley Motor clothes.. made in the U.S.A.  or a pair of boots.. The problems isn't just the knock-offs, but our American owned stores selling China, Mexico.. and others.. how many parts on our bikes are made outside of the U.S.... Steve is right.. it's a bigger problem
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 24 queries.