Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: CFR Knock Offs? Where to get them?  (Read 17638 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
CFR Knock Offs? Where to get them?
« on: February 06, 2013, 12:38:34 PM »

Ok, getting spring fever, which means I'm back to the exhaust delima BS again.  Can't get the CFR's off the list.  I was considering the V&H 2:1 Pro Pipe, looking for a deeper richer sound than the current Fullsac 2.25 cores.  I know there have been problems with tuning the CFR's so rather than spending $630 to make an opps, rather consider the knock offs and hope for the best?  Lookng for some information and a seller?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

ChiTracker

Re: CFR Knock Offs? Where to get them?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 09:06:39 PM »

Check kcinternational.com you will have to look for them but they are there.

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:26:35 PM »

Nothing personal to the posters.
Being a victim of counterfeiting , it saddens me to see links to counterfeit product being shared so freely on this forum.
A large number of CVO forum members here are also business owners, whom like myself have worked hard to innovate and create quality product
and services. Cary Fass comes up with a good selling muffler only to have some POS company kick him in the balls, send it to China and counterfeit it?
This Bullchit should not be rewarded with your business. Sorry for the rant, but nothing is worse than having you product designs ripped off. I have been
there way too many times. I could only imagine how bad Carry Faas would feel if he thought CVO forum members were endorsing counterfeit versions
of his best selling product. If you own and ride American, please keep it authentic.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:34:38 PM by Fullsac Perf »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 11:32:12 PM »

Being a victim of counterfeiting , it saddens me to see links to counterfeit product being shared so freely on this forum.
A large number of CVO forum members here are also business owners, whom like myself have worked hard to innovate and create quality product
and services. Cary Fass comes up with a good selling muffler only to have some POS company kick him in the balls, send it to China and counterfeit it?
This Bullchit should not be rewarded with your business. Sorry for the rant, but nothing is worse than having you product designs ripped off. I have been
there way too many times. I could only imagine how bad Carry Faas would feel if he thought CVO forum members were endorsing counterfeit versions
of his best selling product. If you own an American made MC, please keep it authentic.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance

Kind of hard to argue with Steve when he's right.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 05:32:25 AM »

He is right. Why do you think China has become such a leader in manufacturing? As much as we Canadians and Americans complain about no more mom and pop stores and no more domestic manufacturing- its because when it really comes down to it, people dont put their money where their mouths are, and they flock to Walmart and other type places to save an almighty buck or two.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 07:31:16 AM »

of his best selling product. If you own and ride American, please keep it authentic.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance

Well said Steve  :2vrolijk_21: OP the CFR's were on sale at Ironaces this week 15% off now would be the time to get the real thing...

http://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:40:06 AM by Jswerve »

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 08:47:28 AM »

Steve,

I don't necessarily disagree with your position.  I currently have your X-pipe and 2.25 cores on my bike with the TTS.  I run a business too, I see this type of stuff happening to us all the time.  Consider the HD dealer, not the manufacturer, but the guy that owns the business that is held to HD standards that loses business to independents all the time.  In my case, I like the sound of the CFR pipes.  I'm 53 years old, I'm not interested in power and torque from stop light to stop light, nor am in interested in doing wheelies or showing some kid up on a Jap bike.  My bike runs like a clock with the current set up, I want to try the CFR's for the sound, however all the tuning issues have kept me away.  I rather spend the $200 see if I like them rather than the $630.  I work hard for my money, the government takes enough of it, this seems to be a smart approach for me regarless of what others think.  I also understand your position and your thinking too.  Theres a bigger problem at the base of this conversation that we won't get into for obvious reasons.  We are the cause of our own problems, however it's difficult to stand on principle when the bars set so low and your spending your hard earned money. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:07:56 AM by Rio »
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 08:55:35 AM »

Just think about what Steve said and do the right thing, buy the OEM not the Knock Off junk we get from overseas that you will have problems with in a year or less.
DND

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 11:49:06 AM »

Steve,

I don't necessarily disagree with your position.  I currently have your X-pipe and 2.25 cores on my bike with the TTS.  I run a business too, I see this type of stuff happening to us all the time.  Consider the HD dealer, not the manufacturer, but the guy that owns the business that is held to HD standards that loses business to independents all the time.  In my case, I like the sound of the CFR pipes.  I'm 53 years old, I'm not interested in power and torque from stop light to stop light, nor am in interested in doing wheelies or showing some kid up on a Jap bike.  My bike runs like a clock with the current set up, I want to try the CFR's for the sound, however all the tuning issues have kept me away.  I rather spend the $200 see if I like them rather than the $630.  I work hard for my money, the government takes enough of it, this seems to be a smart approach for me regarless of what others think.  I also understand your position and your thinking too.  Theres a bigger problem at the base of this conversation that we won't get into for obvious reasons.  We are the cause of our own problems, however it's difficult to stand on principle when the bars set so low and your spending your hard earned money.  

Rio,
I sincerely appreciate your business and support of Fullsac Performance. I hope in no way I came off as trying to tell you how to spend your hard earned money. That's
your personal decision. And your 100% right, the real problem is much bigger. The bar is low, but whether you realize it or not, the moment you bought your Harley
you have been fighting back. I believe out of all the Harley forums on the internet, this one truly has the top shelf of people. I'm not saying the other forums don't have great members too, but as a whole, it seems we have high numbers of business owners, operations managers, sales executives ect. People who understand business, money and the current economic decline of our great country. To see a request, and then an answer for pirated product out in the open amongst this crowd really surprised me. Other than watching Carry Faas race Speedway motorcycles at Costa Mesa in the 80s, I don't even know the guy. I just hate to see sources for pirated products made overseas surfacing in a gathering place for those who appreciate and support American Motorcycles and American values. I truly hope the bar isn't that low yet.

Steve
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:32:41 PM by Fullsac Perf »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 01:04:52 PM »

Rio,
I sincerely appreciate your business and support of Fullsac Performance. I hope in no way I came off as trying to tell you how to spend your hard earned money. That's
your personal decision. And your 100% right, the real problem is much bigger. The bar is low, but whether you I relize it or not, the moment you bought your Harley
you have been fighting back. I believe out of all the Harley forums on the internet, this one truly has the top shelf of people. I'm not saying the other forums don't have great members too, but as a whole, it seems we have high numbers of business owners, operations managers, sales executives ect. People who understand business, money and the current economic decline of our great country. To see a request, and then an answer for pirated product out in the open amongst this crowd really surprised me. Other than watching Carry Faas race Speedway motorcycles at Costa Mesa in the 80s, I don't even know the guy. I just hate to see sources for pirated products made overseas surfacing in a gathering place for those who appreciate and support American Motorcycles and American values. I truly hope the bar isn't that low yet.

Steve

Harely created their own delemia by building an incomplete product, even over $30k.  I understand, no offense taken, i understand and agree with your thoughts
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 02:41:49 PM »

Rio,
your personal decision. And your 100% right, the real problem is much bigger. The bar is low, but whether you realize it or not, the moment you bought your Harley

Steve

Hey Steve:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  The average guy wouldn't even know it was a knock-off of another company's product.  I know I wouldn't have known that. 

I appreciate the education and the spirit of your post.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Ken

Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 07:40:32 PM »

still

knockoffs are knockoffs

making a copy of a harley part thats made in china - that does not bother me much

making a eastern copy of a usa made part bothers me.

in my "other" hobby there is a guy in colorado that makes small brass lost wax parts of extremely high quality and sells them for not much. a guy in canada purchsed one set and made a dozen crappy copies for about 10% less than it would have cost to get the real thing.

and he thought he was clever saving 10% and getting the crappy parts.

i let him know to his face that i thought it was cheap.

spend all that time wasted making a crappy copy to make a original part and make 10 copies of that - i might even buy a couple - dont just make crappy copies.

to

100HP

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 11:41:39 PM »

If you believe that CFR's are hard to tune and a knockoff is a copy of the original, what kind of problems do you think you will have with those.  Whether they are cheaper or not??  Just saying...

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 06:21:56 AM »

If you believe that CFR's are hard to tune and a knockoff is a copy of the original, what kind of problems do you think you will have with those.  Whether they are cheaper or not??  Just saying...
I am sure the knockoff company took extra time to work on the loss of back pressure issue  :P

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 24 queries.