Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Anxious CVO new member, Eminence, Ky.  (Read 2950 times)

foxman

• Foxman

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
Re: Anxious CVO new member, Eminence, Ky.
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2013, 07:48:59 AM »

Yes I bought it back in January. They have had it about 3 weeks now waiting for a new fairing, front fender and saddle bag lid.
I can only ride one but I want em all.

maia812

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 09:07:06 AM »

Yes I bought it back in January. They have had it about 3 weeks now waiting for a new fairing, front fender and saddle bag lid.
  WOW , THATS ALOT OF NON USE FOR A NEW  CVO.  YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK WITH A LEMON LAW ATTORNEY. THATS SOUNDS LIKE A SUBSTANTIAL LOSS OF USE ,  I  DON'T KNOW FOR SURE BUT YOU MIGHT GET A FEW BUCKS FOR THE INCONVIENCE. JUST MY 2 CENTS. MY FRIEND HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH HIS CAR AND GOT AN INCONVIENCE  '' FEE''  OF $ 3,500.....

foxman

• Foxman

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2013, 05:34:16 PM »

I sure hope I don't have to get a lawyer involved. The weather is starting to change here. I may need to remind my dealer of that, every day for awhile.

maia812

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2013, 07:27:40 PM »

I sure hope I don't have to get a lawyer involved. The weather is starting to change here. I may need to remind my dealer of that, every day for awhile.
  Yes .  Stay on top of that dealer  and make notes when you do ,   good luck    and nice freaking  bike ,  FOXMAN

foxman

• Foxman

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2013, 07:33:39 PM »

Thanks maia812.

maia812

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2013, 09:48:46 PM »

no problem

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2013, 10:25:08 AM »

Welcome to the forum from North Georgia! Congrats on your new CVO!

Sorry to read about your paint issues. The dealer may be waiting awhile for replacement CVO tins. From what I've read here and elsewhere, the MoCo has a revolving schedule for painting different colors. Not likely they would pull painted parts from production for warranty claims. Hang in there... If the dealer has the parts ordered, there probably is little or nothing they can do to speed up delivery.

I had to wait 7 weeks for my Tour Pak. I don't know if warranty parts are handled any differently than custom-order parts. I would like to think they are - but my gut tells me that everything's likely handled on a sequential basis...

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

zdaddy

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2013, 01:12:13 AM »

I have heard finger print under the clear coat stories enough to wonder if the quality control inspector has his mind on riding instead of QC. Hope they get you rolling quick.
2012 FLHTCUSE7
Electric Orange / Diamond Black

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2013, 03:06:23 PM »

When I was shopping for a ride in 2011, I was at one dealer and I'd looked at a new/used 103 classic. I told the dealer I was leaning more to an CVO, he at that time said,.... Well if that's the way you want to go that's ok,... but just be prepaired to wait for any parts you my need, it could take twice as long for 110 parts as to 103.
I thought to my self THAT'S a sales pitch,... but have come to learn he was not far wrong. Keep on top of your dealer and don't be scared to push after all you can use the line,... HAY THERE WAS NO PAINT FLAWS WITH THE MONEY YOU TOOK!!! that kind of line can motivate them. Good luck hope it all gets sorted soon for ya foxman.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 03:11:52 PM by longlast »

rydrcoach

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE6
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2013, 03:21:09 PM »

Hang in there on the paint and don't hesitate to scope out the replacement parts thoroughly for flaws. Not sure where the QC goes on some of this stuff but they do seem to miss soem real obvious flaws. Congrats on the new ride and enjoy many safe miles!

foxman

• Foxman

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2013, 05:35:16 PM »

Thanks guys. I am definitely going to check it out when I get it back. I'm going to take a couple of buddies with me to check it also, I might be so excited to get it back I may miss something. They might  be using this as a sales tactic. I went and bought a Harley bubble to keep it in.

CJ

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2013, 11:02:57 AM »

Welcome From Ga  :2vrolijk_21:

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2013, 07:23:26 PM »

not to stir the pot, but i had to wait 3 months to get a replacement rear fender. hope they dont take that long to get you back on the road.
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Taz77

• CVO1: 2013-Ultra-Classic
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2013, 08:53:07 PM »

Hello all. I bought my first CVO in January (a 2013 FLHTCUSE8). Louisville Harley delivered it on my birthday (Happy Birthday to me!). While I was out in the garage admiring all the beauty I found fingerprints that wouldn't wipe off, they are under the clear coat. My motorcycle is back at the dealer waiting for a new fairing and front fender. So while I try to stay sane I have been watching youtube videos about these bikes. I found some that describe alot of wind buffeting and really unstable handling about this particular bike. My 2011 Ultra Limited was very stable. Do any of you have that problem?
Welcome from Ont. Canada-- I bought the sister to your CVO - in Star Dust-- haven't ridden it yet because of the long winters - got 3 ins. of new snow to-day- hope to be riding soon

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2013, 09:27:03 AM »

WELCOME FROM CONCORD, N.C.  :2vrolijk_21: I'd ask for a delivery date on the parts and want to ride it till they came in. Prints shouldn't ruin your ride, just think of it like bugs you havn't washed off yet.  :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 25 queries.