Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Convertible Seat!  (Read 4456 times)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
Convertible Seat!
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:39:54 AM »

Hi Guys,

I have been busy making various mods to my 2012, CVO Convertible and have come to a grinding stop when trying to find a good custom solo seat!
I have contacted CC seats, LePera, and harleyseats.com and they are all coming back saying they don't do anything to fit the Convertible! they have plenty for the standard Softail with the 200mm back tyre but these don't fit the CVO! the bolts don't line up! apparently!!
Can anyone recommend a good custom seat builder? looking for a low Solo in real skin!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Charlie
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

beto47

• TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO CONVERTIBLE
Re: Convertible Seat!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:35:25 AM »

I put a corbin solo on my 2011 convertible but sent it back to get it adjusted on the nose it was a little too wide. Waiting for it to come back now. Have you tried a car upholster company in your area? Good luck.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 09:42:30 AM »

I put a corbin solo on my 2011 convertible but sent it back to get it adjusted on the nose it was a little too wide. Waiting for it to come back now. Have you tried a car upholster company in your area? Good luck.
Hi Beto, how did the Corbin look? i looked at their site and the Solo looked a little too deep (too much padding)
I did consider a upholsterer but didn't want to wreck the stock seat so would need another pan to work on!
Good luck with yours and please let me know how you get on with it!
Did you take any photos before you sent it back? would like to see them if you do?
Thanks, Charlie
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

beto47

• TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO CONVERTIBLE
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 10:22:52 AM »

Good morning again Charlie. I'm sorry I didn't take pictures before but I will when I get it back. I forgot to mention that it also sat me back a little to far. They are suppose to fix that also I hope. I'll let you know how it feels after I get it back.

Mount'nman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: FXSBSE (2014)
    • Family Web Site
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 11:27:59 AM »

I put the Corbin solo seat on my 2011 Convt as soon as they had ready for sale.  Fits me fine and looks nice,  I have been in that seat for six hrs streight and was comfy.
Bike... and family protected by Ruger

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 11:38:36 AM »

I put the Corbin solo seat on my 2011 Convt as soon as they had ready for sale.  Fits me fine and looks nice,  I have been in that seat for six hrs streight and was comfy.
Hi, Thanks, Do you have any photos?

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 09:12:18 PM »

I'm using the ultimate seat  solo  with back rest  love it  here is a link to my pics the solo  seat with back rest is the ultimate ...and btw back rest is adjustable
http://s209.beta.photobucket.com/user/Lever03/library/lever%20cvo%20110
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:15:22 PM by Lever »
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 09:48:35 PM »

Hi Lever,
Your bike looks great,
I like the look of your seat but I'm actually looking for something low frofile! something like th Lepera Bare Bones!
Ill contact Ultimate seats and see if they offer a custom service,
Thanks,
Charlie

Tim & Diann

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 09:19:04 PM »

Hi Beto, how did the Corbin look? i looked at their site and the Solo looked a little too deep (too much padding)
I did consider a upholsterer but didn't want to wreck the stock seat so would need another pan to work on!
Good luck with yours and please let me know how you get on with it!
Did you take any photos before you sent it back? would like to see them if you do?
Thanks, Charlie

Charlie, I had an upholsterer redo my seat and it is awesome. I needed to be moved forward a few inches and had exhausted all other options, including Corbin who could never get the seat low enough for me to touch the ground even though it looked great. He just took off my current cover and made some alterations to the foam to move me forward and then made a new cover. I can always have it recovered with the original seat cover if necessary. He had a lot of experience with motorcycle seats and had lowered my husbands as well. I loved the Corbin because it was heated and had a backrest, but my height prevented me from using it. Good luck.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 11:49:36 AM »

Charlie, I had an upholsterer redo my seat and it is awesome. I needed to be moved forward a few inches and had exhausted all other options, including Corbin who could never get the seat low enough for me to touch the ground even though it looked great. He just took off my current cover and made some alterations to the foam to move me forward and then made a new cover. I can always have it recovered with the original seat cover if necessary. He had a lot of experience with motorcycle seats and had lowered my husbands as well. I loved the Corbin because it was heated and had a backrest, but my height prevented me from using it. Good luck.
Hi Texas Tim,
Thanks for the feedback,
It looks like I'm going to go the same way you did! doesn't seem to be much choice in the market!
Cheers,
Charlie

slmetcalftx

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 01:10:22 PM »

Hi Lever,

Off topic here, but how do you like the VH Pro-Pipe? I'm looking to put it on mine. How's the sound? I have the big radius (on the bike when I got it) and it backfires and sounds terrible. Like the seat, but mine has the brown leather so not sure I will be changing the seat anytime soon unless I have it custom made.

Love the pics of the bike!
Sherry
"Tex"

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 08:30:32 PM »

Hi Lever,

Off topic here, but how do you like the VH Pro-Pipe? I'm looking to put it on mine. How's the sound? I have the big radius (on the bike when I got it) and it backfires and sounds terrible. Like the seat, but mine has the brown leather so not sure I will be changing the seat anytime soon unless I have it custom made.

Love the pics of the bike!

V/H pro pipe is great
 the chrome finish is  great
the fit and looks are great   i have had boot marks, road oil ,sap etc and it comes off with never dull . wd-40 and still looks good
as far as  sound  goes  when i start my bike   heads turn, guys take  a double look  they know the sound  of performance when heard 
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

slmetcalftx

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 09:20:44 PM »

I put the VH Pro Pipe on mine and it performs much better. Thank you for the feedback!
Sherry
"Tex"

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 09:35:59 PM »

Got the Rinehart Crossback on order from Fuel Moto, supposed to perform pretty well and love the look on the Convertible!

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 07:50:09 AM »

cant wait to see it  ;D
2017 Road King M8
stage IV
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 20 queries.