Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Appliance recommendations please  (Read 2857 times)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Re: Appliance recommendations please
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 06:56:18 PM »

Hey Ernie...that sounds like an installation issue.  You can pull it out a few inches, so the top of the door is exposed, or will that not work? 

Mark, I'd recommend Maytag.  But that's just because I've had good service from their appliances overall. 

Cheers,
Ken

nope, not an installation issue, that is the way they are.......

and far as Maytag.....forget about it.......

KICHENAID, WHIRLPOOL, MAYTAG, JENN AIR, AMANA ARE ALL MANUFACTURED BY WHIRLPOOL.    I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE WOULD SAY THEY HATE A KITCHENAID AND TURN AROUND AND BUY A WHIRLPOOL.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 06:57:24 PM »

Check Consumer Reports.  They do their own testing plus collect real world data from their subscribers.  According to their survey the most reliable brands have been Whirlpool, Bosch, Kenmore, and Miele over the 2007 - 2011 time frame with 10% or less needing repairs.  The most repair prone brands over that time frame were LG, Maytag, Amana, Fisher & Payket, Frigidaire with 21% to 16% repair rates.

Their current 2013 Buying Guide lists the Bosch Ascenta as their #1 pick ($700).  Two other Bosch models round out the top 3, one at $900 and the other at $1500.

Jerry

BY THE WAY  CR SUCKS, NOT CONSISTENT

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 07:02:39 PM »

Miele, Miele and only Miele. Those units are made for a lifetime. Bosch is way inferior.

MIELE IS MY BEST DISHWASHER, BUT ALSO TWICE WHAT A BOSCH IS.

AND THE ANNOYING THING ABOUT MIELE OTHER THAN THE COMPANY ITSELF, THAT DISHWASHER IS MADE FOR THE EUROPEAN MARKET, NOT FOR THE US MARKET.

Why would anyone care?   the plates typically used in Europe are not the same size as typically used here, so there are more racking issues.

Tines are placed too close together, so you have to bend many to get plates to fit.

Bosch is manufactured here in the US for that market.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:04:21 PM by Keats »
Formally FLHTCUSE3

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 07:18:26 PM »

my default dishwasher is always Bosch,  not the best but half the price of Miele,  Built much like Miele in design.

Bosch is not perfect, but it is quiet, reliable and cleans.   What else do you want for $800.00?

forget anything Electrolux, Frigidaire, LG, Samsung they are not very good at making Dishwashers.

Who is left?   GE and Whirlpool Products

GE excels at price points 300 - 600. range and really you do not want to spend more than that on a GE.  as soon as you  decide to spend less than say 400.00

there are not many quality machines left.

KItchenaid price points hang right there with Bosch, so it is a you pick em, but Bosch washes better.

Whirlpool is a de-featured Kitchenaid designed to compete at lower price points.

Kenmore is a freak product in the fact you never really know what you are buying. Frigidaire? LG? Samsung? Whirlpool?   stay away there is a reason Sears is heading to the toilet.

I hope this helps

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:20:07 PM by Keats »
Formally FLHTCUSE3

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 09:11:05 PM »

my default dishwasher is always Bosch,  not the best but half the price of Miele,  Built much like Miele in design.

Bosch is not perfect, but it is quiet, reliable and cleans.   What else do you want for $800.00?

forget anything Electrolux, Frigidaire, LG, Samsung they are not very good at making Dishwashers.

Who is left?   GE and Whirlpool Products

GE excels at price points 300 - 600. range and really you do not want to spend more than that on a GE.  as soon as you  decide to spend less than say 400.00

there are not many quality machines left.

KItchenaid price points hang right there with Bosch, so it is a you pick em, but Bosch washes better.

Whirlpool is a de-featured Kitchenaid designed to compete at lower price points.

Kenmore is a freak product in the fact you never really know what you are buying. Frigidaire? LG? Samsung? Whirlpool?   stay away there is a reason Sears is heading to the toilet.

I hope this helps

Keats,

Well you sure know your stuff. Okay, I will tell my property manager to buy a Bosch in black. Please give me the model number of the one you suggest. It does not need to have ALL the features, I just want one that is durable and cleans well. Too many on line reviews (on line, so they must be true) complain that the control panels crap out in a year or so, or that the plates do not clean as well as expected. I want it to last 8-10 years being run once a day.

Thanks.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 09:28:58 PM »

I have a samsung that has built in food disposal and I love it. Stainless steel outside and in. Very quiet and gets them clean every time.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 09:42:30 PM »

Consumer Reports Ratings

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »

Consumer Reports Buying Guide

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 09:58:35 PM »

I wish CR would have reports on machines over 6 years old that have been run once a day fully loaded. Those are the stats I want to see.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 10:23:40 PM »

I have a samsung that has built in food disposal and I love it. Stainless steel outside and in. Very quiet and gets them clean every time.

Not trying to be a "dick" , but these are are my nearest worst list.

They either do not wash well or longevity is terrible.

I have not sold one yet that did not come back. They could improve but I will never find out.

Formally FLHTCUSE3

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 10:25:55 PM »

Keats,

Well you sure know your stuff. Okay, I will tell my property manager to buy a Bosch in black. Please give me the model number of the one you suggest. It does not need to have ALL the features, I just want one that is durable and cleans well. Too many on line reviews (on line, so they must be true) complain that the control panels crap out in a year or so, or that the plates do not clean as well as expected. I want it to last 8-10 years being run once a day.

Thanks.

SHE43RL6UC

We retail that for $699. And typically have a generous rebate

Formally FLHTCUSE3

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 10:35:13 PM »

Miele, Miele and only Miele. Those units are made for a lifetime. Bosch is way inferior.
+1 Miele is the only brand i would ever buy! its the best by far.
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 11:15:25 PM »

+1 Miele is the only brand i would ever buy! its the best by far.

If you live outside the US you may  be right, there are

Many choices here and believe it or not Miele's break down also
And parts are much harder to get than almost every other
Brand.  Since Miele d/w cost between
1000 and 2600 dollars and the most popular is about 1600
This unit is a hard sell when 90% of the units in the US
Sell for less than 800

Formally FLHTCUSE3

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 11:40:42 PM »

SHE43RL6UC

We retail that for $699. And typically have a generous rebate

Guess I got the defective one that works. lol
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 08:22:58 AM »

MIELE IS MY BEST DISHWASHER, BUT ALSO TWICE WHAT A BOSCH IS.

AND THE ANNOYING THING ABOUT MIELE OTHER THAN THE COMPANY ITSELF, THAT DISHWASHER IS MADE FOR THE EUROPEAN MARKET, NOT FOR THE US MARKET.

Why would anyone care?   the plates typically used in Europe are not the same size as typically used here, so there are more racking issues.

Tines are placed too close together, so you have to bend many to get plates to fit.

Bosch is manufactured here in the US for that market.

valid argument  :2vrolijk_21:
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 24 queries.